Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Martin Allen

Was thinking the same about Chris O'Grady the other day, his first goal in thirty something games as a striker - had to be against us eh!

Was a cracker! O'Grady had a much better record than Elvis & we actually found it quite easy to sell him & for money :o

There's a man who will regret leaving the MK Dons me thinks.
As I read someone post the other day I think MA is a man who will and perhaps has regretted leaving MK Dons.

I take credit for that one.

Allen can have a boo.

Elvis on the other hand can have a round of applause from moi. He may have lacked technical ability, but I always thought the guy worked his socks off and his pace was useful at times.

Allen would get some grief off me. More for ruining a fine club like Cheltenham though than his antics here.

They were bankrupt before he went there, why else do you think they've got him as the manager.

i think the club should give him a big bunch of flowers

Couldn't give a c*ap about him to be honest. He never really did anything positive he just shook up the training ground fell out with a lot of players. Shattered certain players confidence and planted some bloody flowers.

The man was a joke, always in the media spouting some crap about flowers making things better. pffft he was always as bad as Ian for media clowning about.

It is so nice to have a manager that gets on with the job in hand instead of doing all this crap round the outside.

Martin Allen is just w*nk just like Elvis is w*nk, i have no fear of him, Elvis or Cheltenham i think we will beat them convincingly.

Fryatt will be fired up to prove MA that he was wrong about him.

Alot of people are saying Martin Allen is partly to blame for City being relegated last season, I don't fully agree. Fair enough he spent money on players who since his departure have lost their way at City e.g. Hayes, DJ Campbell e.t.c. but he also signed them because he believed he could get the best out of them and unfortunately for non-footballing reasons he was sacked at our FOOTBALL CLUB, I think he may well have got the best out of those players and when he was sacked I was dismayed, but I wouldn't blame him for our drop that falls largely on Ian Holloway!

from the merc.

There will be no hard feelings when Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric welcomes former manager Martin Allen to the Walkers Stadium tomorrow.

The City chairman controversially parted company with Allen, now in charge of tomorrow's visitors Cheltenham, after four full games at the beginning of last season.

Neither party will go into the details of why it failed to work out, but it appears that it is all water under the bridge now.

Mandaric said: "Martin will be welcomed here just like any other manager, with respect.

"He will be our guest before and after the game but, for the 90 minutes in between, of course he will be the enemy!

1x1.gifdocument.getElementById('article-detail-impact-tile').innerHTML = document.getElementById('INVarticle-detail-impact-tile').innerHTML;document.getElementById('INVarticle-detail-impact-tile').innerHTML = ''; "It was a shame that it just did not work out between us. The chemistry was not there, I did not see things improving and, when that happens, it is time to make a change.

"That happens in football. It is no-one's fault, really. Sometimes the pieces of the puzzle do not fall into place and that is what happened.

"Both of us have now moved on. He was at one of our games this season as a TV pundit and we shook hands – and why not?

"I am not the sort of person to bear grudges. Life is too short and, if we bump into each other tomorrow, I will, of course, shake his hand again."

Allen's dismissal was the start of the traumatic events which, after a further two managers, ended with City being relegated into the third level of the game for the first time in their history.

Allen was linked with several positions afterwards and eventually took over at Cheltenham, who are well adrift of safety in League One.

It might not be the most pleasant of circumstances for his return to the Walkers, but Allen will get a modicum of sympathy.

Mandaric said: "You don't like to see anyone in trouble and I hope things improve – just not against us tomorrow.

"I believe I have the right manager now in Nigel Pearson, the team are top of the table and doing very well.

"What is in the past is now gone, and it is time for everyone to leave it all behind us."

Allen wasn't up to the job, I hoped he was the messiah but he was just a very naughty boy.

Mandaric employed him and signed off on his transfers - they both contributed to sending us down, I won't be giving either of them the time of day in a hurry.

lol

oh come on, you should always look on the bright side of life.

We've moved on since Allen's time here.

But I hope Fryatt's sufficiently fired up to find the net on Saturday..lol

I wonder if Pearson will reward him with a Mars Bar or a BBQ set?

from the Merc

City: No regrets - Allen

Saturday, March 07, 2009, 09:30 Martin Allen insists he will return to Leicester City today with his 'head held high'.

Sacked in August 2007 after just 96 days and four games in charge, the controversial manager brings League One bottom club Cheltenham to the Walkers today for a David versus Goliath clash.

And Allen, nicknamed Mad Dog, says he has no regrets about his time at Leicester.

He added: "My time at Leicester didn't last very long, but we were very successful. We were going into the next league game away at Plymouth and if we'd won we'd have gone fourth in the league.

"I am confident I would have had a good season with them. I have no regrets about going there.

1x1.gifdocument.getElementById('article-detail-impact-tile').innerHTML = document.getElementById('INVarticle-detail-impact-tile').innerHTML;document.getElementById('INVarticle-detail-impact-tile').innerHTML = ''; "It was a jump from League Two to the Championship, to a club steeped in history, with great support, an awesome training ground and stadium.

"There was a good budget for players and I have no regrets about going there, no regrets about the decisions I made at all, but it's in the past and I am at Cheltenham and I am really enjoying this job.

"I will be very proud marching in there with my players behind me, as Cheltenham manager.

"I know I can walk into Leicester City with my head held high.

"The last time I was manager there, we beat the top of the league side 4-1 at home in front of 28,000 people, who gave our team a standing ovation.

"I don't think Watford had lost any games at all at that point.

"A week before we'd drawn 2-2 at Crystal Palace. All in all I felt I was doing okay, but the chairman puts the money in and he makes the business decisions and you have to respect it."

Chairman Milan Mandaric sacked Allen after City's 4-1 victory over Watford and was furious when the Blue Army chanted his name during the Carling Cup tie at Nottingham Forest.

Mandaric admitted the chemistry was not right but yesterday said they had recently shaken hands.

Allen confirmed they had buried the hatchet. He said: "Milan and I have a good relationship. I still speak to a few people up at Leicester.

"He invited me up when they played Lincoln this season and it was nice to actually see him again and have a cup of tea with him.

"He was very friendly and amicable and I will definitely make time to go up and see him and shake his hand.

"There are no hard feelings and life is too short to harbour any grudges and you have to move on in life. Sometimes life upsets you, but you have to deal with it. It's a job, not life and death."

Allen will be keeping a promise he made to an ill schoolboy he met at City.

He said: "I am looking forward to seeing an 18-year-old schoolboy.

"He was 16 at the time and he was in a really bad way with lung cancer. I have kept in touch with him and he has been through all his treatments.

"I am looking forward to taking him to the ground on our team bus and going into Leicester with him in our dressing room. He is 18 now so I am looking forward to seeing him and taking him in because I promised him I would look after him and today is that day. It will be special for me to see that boy."

Allen admits his side, rock bottom and 53 points behind City, face a massive a task.

He said: "There is a complete gulf between the clubs. They have potential to be in the Premier League.

"Nigel (Pearson) is a good manager and I am sure they will be pushing again next year.

"It was an eye-opener at Leicester. What I found most rewarding was working with the players on the training pitch.

"There were players who had played in World Cups and Champions League games. It was a great experience."

Archived