Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Cheated and gave Southend 20 million to spend in league 1, still can't win. Can't win with 442, on any mentality, can't win with 451, on any mentality. 17th place and on the verge of getting sacked after 3 months with the biggest wage budget in the league (by about £30,000 lol ), given fm 2010 so many chances but enough is enough! :angry:

Cheated and gave Southend 20 million to spend in league 1, still can't win. Can't win with 442, on any mentality, can't win with 451, on any mentality. 17th place and on the verge of getting sacked after 3 months with the biggest wage budget in the league (by about £30,000 lol ), given fm 2010 so many chances but enough is enough! :angry:

But why do you keep playing kasey keller upfront? :whistle:

I would like to see pitch invasions on the game after a team wins promotion, gets to a play off final dosent get relegated, gets relegated etc.. or would this be in need of a higher age rating Ricey?

I would like to see pitch invasions on the game after a team wins promotion, gets to a play off final dosent get relegated, gets relegated etc.. or would this be in need of a higher age rating Ricey?

they probably just dont see the point in a ****load of dots on a picture of a pitch lol

I hate how hard it is to get a job on it. You should be able to get invited to interviews so you can put across your point and what you want to achieve and stuff, like IRL.

That's genius. :thumbup:

I do try. ;)

Load more things I'd like:

You should be able to take your team out on bonding sessions and stuff to improve morale.

Your players should occasionally have to go to court for Marlon King'ing their girlfriends and stuff.

You should be able to use your wages for something, I dunno what exactly but there's no point in asking for improved wages if they can't be used for anything. Maybe buy a club when you're in your 60s and control ticket prices and whatnot, maybe even stick your nose in where it's not needed where transfers are concerned? :whistle:

There needs to be less factors involved in winning games, I swear on FM10 if one of your press conference questions is answered badly the whole team turns to ****, just leave it down to tactics and if one player gets the arse then let him play ****, not the whole team.

There needs to be more offers for players, I only get offers if I actively chose 'Offer to Clubs' otherwise nobody cares. I want them tapping up my players ffs, just make me some damn offers!

You should be able to go to out of football events like charity gigs and stuff, improve your media image and thus help you get jobs.

There needs to be more offers for players, I only get offers if I actively chose 'Offer to Clubs' otherwise nobody cares. I want them tapping up my players ffs, just make me some damn offers!

Agreed, only way to sell ya players 90% of the time.

I do try. ;)

Load more things I'd like:

You should be able to take your team out on bonding sessions and stuff to improve morale.

Your players should occasionally have to go to court for Marlon King'ing their girlfriends and stuff.

You should be able to use your wages for something, I dunno what exactly but there's no point in asking for improved wages if they can't be used for anything. Maybe buy a club when you're in your 60s and control ticket prices and whatnot, maybe even stick your nose in where it's not needed where transfers are concerned? :whistle:

There needs to be less factors involved in winning games, I swear on FM10 if one of your press conference questions is answered badly the whole team turns to ****, just leave it down to tactics and if one player gets the arse then let him play ****, not the whole team.

You should be able to go to out of football events like charity gigs and stuff, improve your media image and thus help you get jobs.

Some decent ideas there.

The court case one though isn't possible sue to legal reasons, hence why players fighting was taken out.

1) Agreed. The wages are pointless, unless asking for higher wages actually increases your reputation in the game thus enabling you to get more sought after jobs faster than you normally would.

2) Actually no. Why decrease the number of factors? That would devolve the game into what it used to be: a walk in the park once you had your tactics set. How often doesn't it happen in real life that teams just don't "show up" partly because the manager wasn't able to motivate his team? Although I agree the system is flawed, because it quickly becomes a routine that becomes a bore after a while. It gradually degrades into a 'minimalize the damage' system instead of 'maximize its potential', in my opinion.

Like most hear ive been playing since CM 97 season i think, i loved the later football managers but 10 was very dissapointing. I love realism but this was incredibly tedious....i tried and tried but still cant get into it. Hopefully 11 will go back to its roots of addictive 5am sessions :beer:

Your players should occasionally have to go to court for Marlon King'ing their girlfriends and stuff.1

lol in one of the old EA Sports manager games your star player would occasionally sprint after someone who'd mugged a granny's handbag and get an injury.

I definitely think the bonding thing should be used.

You can already ask a player to form a team meeting when things are going belly up!!

In all honesty, I liked FM2010 but it did lose it's appeal. A few of the lads and I have said we're all going to organise a couple of days off work when the new one is out and get a mulitiplayer game going. I think this is the aspect the game needs to take going forwards, make it easier to play online wihtout needing Hamachi!

You do eventually stop toying around with tactics every game, setup the AM to go do press conferences and team talks, convert from extended down to key, then to commentary only!! Shortly after this you decide to sack it off this year as every save you have has lost it's spice. I think I amnaged about 7 season as a max on this with Man City and had a decent trophy haul as you'd expect!! I just lost it's appeal quickly as it isn't really a game you can pick up and play 15 to 20 minutes here and there. You need to dedicate time to or you reep the seeds you sow and your team falls off badly!!

You can already ask a player to form a team meeting when things are going belly up!!

In all honesty, I liked FM2010 but it did lose it's appeal. A few of the lads and I have said we're all going to organise a couple of days off work when the new one is out and get a mulitiplayer game going. I think this is the aspect the game needs to take going forwards, make it easier to play online wihtout needing Hamachi!

You do eventually stop toying around with tactics every game, setup the AM to go do press conferences and team talks, convert from extended down to key, then to commentary only!! Shortly after this you decide to sack it off this year as every save you have has lost it's spice. I think I amnaged about 7 season as a max on this with Man City and had a decent trophy haul as you'd expect!! I just lost it's appeal quickly as it isn't really a game you can pick up and play 15 to 20 minutes here and there. You need to dedicate time to or you reep the seeds you sow and your team falls off badly!!

Yeah i played a network game when it came out, was pretty easy. No need for hamachi, it saved the ip address, double clicked that and straight in there.

Like most hear ive been playing since CM 97 season i think,

Sadly due to my age my 'football manager' days go back even further. Anyone remember such gems as 'Football Director' and 'Tracksuit Manager'? :unsure:

Sadly due to my age my 'football manager' days go back even further. Anyone remember such gems as 'Football Director' and 'Tracksuit Manager'? :unsure:

Yes and yes.

What about Football Manager on the Acorn Electron?1982 i beleve

Archived