Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I fancy giving Football Manager another pop, I've recently fallen out of love with the franchise. Like others have said, it's gotten a bit too complex and the whole preparation marathon takes away from the match excitement.

Ricey, if it helps, you guys at SI might want to take a look at a German game called "Anstoss! 2" from Ascaron (if you haven't already heard of it).

9172bc0.jpg

It was so addictive back in 1998/99, I can't recall the amount of nights I spent hooked on it, neglecting school et al.

In my opinion, one of the best - if not THE best - all-around football simulation ever made. It was such a joy playing it and also so rewarding.

Simple user interface, yet very effective in its presentation.

If you can only slightly emulate the feel of it in future FM versions, that'd be terrific.

A couple of real video clips with actual football footage (say for instance as an intro, before a World Cup, the Champions League and so on) is also something I've been missing in the FM series until now.

Oh, and will there ever be original player and staff photos for all leagues included...?

(Probably going to be a right bitch in terms of licensing fees, eh?)

It's a thing that unnerves me - spending that much time just browsing and gathering all the data from an unofficial site/forum.

You should be able to play the role as a director of football, so you can bypass the actual tactics and press conference side of things.

When things go well you get credit

When thing go bad you can blame the manager

Win win.

Obviously being a manager would give you more rep and it'd take longer to get a foothold in the footballing world as a D.O.F but it'd be fun all the same.

Also you could be on the other foot, having some loonatic make all the transfers for you, that'd be really interesting.

You should be able to play the role as a director of football, so you can bypass the actual tactics and press conference side of things.

When things go well you get credit

When thing go bad you can blame the manager

Win win.

Obviously being a manager would give you more rep and it'd take longer to get a foothold in the footballing world as a D.O.F but it'd be fun all the same.

Also you could be on the other foot, having some loonatic make all the transfers for you, that'd be really interesting.

I won't be happy until I can be like Milan and sack manager after manager. What's that, narrow opening day defeat to the best team in the league? Get out. Next...

I fancy giving Football Manager another pop, I've recently fallen out of love with the franchise. Like others have said, it's gotten a bit too complex and the whole preparation marathon takes away from the match excitement.

Ricey, if it helps, you guys at SI might want to take a look at a German game called "Anstoss! 2" from Ascaron (if you haven't already heard of it).

9172bc0.jpg

It was so addictive back in 1998/99, I can't recall the amount of nights I spent hooked on it, neglecting school et al.

In my opinion, one of the best - if not THE best - all-around football simulation ever made. It was such a joy playing it and also so rewarding.

Simple user interface, yet very effective in its presentation.

If you can only slightly emulate the feel of it in future FM versions, that'd be terrific.

A couple of real video clips with actual football footage (say for instance as an intro, before a World Cup, the Champions League and so on) is also something I've been missing in the FM series until now.

Oh, and will there ever be original player and staff photos for all leagues included...?

(Probably going to be a right bitch in terms of licensing fees, eh?)

It's a thing that unnerves me - spending that much time just browsing and gathering all the data from an unofficial site/forum.

I'll take a look at that game, cheers for pointing it out.

Regarding player pictures, there will be pictures for leagues we have licenses for (e.g. Football League, La Liga etc). I had to go through all the Leicester pictures manually as some numpty at Leicester just named them with numbers and refused resend them with the actual player name. Idiots.

Hi, I would like to know in the upcoming game if the sound package is improved. The only real criticism I have with the current games is that the match noises are no where near as good as the old Champ Manager ones. I played on CM 01/02 a few months ago and eventhough it was text only on the match engine I found the games more tense and exciting due to the crowd noises and just the overall sound package. I know you can get custom made sound packs etc, but they are made up from old tiltles and i want something new.

Regarding player pictures, there will be pictures for leagues we have licenses for (e.g. Football League, La Liga etc). I had to go through all the Leicester pictures manually as some numpty at Leicester just named them with numbers and refused resend them with the actual player name. Idiots.

Squad numbers or general numbers?!?! Still, if you wearn't a supporter that's be a nightmare!!! Do you get this from many clubs??

Ricey ..... I also want your job, far more exciting than mine.

Squad numbers or general numbers?!?! Still, if you wearn't a supporter that's be a nightmare!!! Do you get this from many clubs??

Ricey ..... I also want your job, far more exciting than mine.

Just random numbers! Every other club manages to send them through with names, but not Leicester.

Hi, I would like to know in the upcoming game if the sound package is improved. The only real criticism I have with the current games is that the match noises are no where near as good as the old Champ Manager ones. I played on CM 01/02 a few months ago and eventhough it was text only on the match engine I found the games more tense and exciting due to the crowd noises and just the overall sound package. I know you can get custom made sound packs etc, but they are made up from old tiltles and i want something new.

The sound is the same as in FM10, but it is something everyone here wants improved.

That sounds like it could only be one of three people at the club;

1.) MM?

2.) Sousa?

3.) Hoos?

Which one do you think it was?

Have the new owners been put into the game then?! How much money do they give you? :D

Their money has but not the owners themselves as we only have chairman and CEO's included. Sven and Fazackerley are in there though, wedged in at the last minute.

Miles, the studio director, asked me how much Sven would have to spend. After I pointed out I'm not the clubs accountant, I suggested £8m, which is what has gone in the game. I can imagine Sven could spend more than that if he wanted, but £8m is plenty.

Signed Peter Whittingham and Simon Church so far.

Their money has but not the owners themselves as we only have chairman and CEO's included. Sven and Fazackerley are in there though, wedged in at the last minute.

Miles, the studio director, asked me how much Sven would have to spend. After I pointed out I'm not the clubs accountant, I suggested £8m, which is what has gone in the game. I can imagine Sven could spend more than that if he wanted, but £8m is plenty.

I'm sure I'll still be in the bottom 3. <_<

CM 01/02 was the dogs bollocks. As was FM 08. THey both got the balance right, and thus, around 1/3rd of my life was gone.

8 mil is loads for a Championship side! Very excited :D

Archived