Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It was an opportunity for a joke without malice @Soup :)

That was what I hoped, anyway...

Haha no problem at all, I honestly had no idea what you were going on about. My grammar is terrible, along with my spelling and everything else to do with the English language. 

15 hours ago, Soup said:

Haha no problem at all, I honestly had no idea what you were going on about. My grammar is terrible, along with my spelling and everything else to do with the English language. 

My spelling in particular has deteriorated terribly which is why I'm always editing posts. I think it's to do with the fact that we don't actually write anything anymore - everything is typed. 

Edited by Line-X
To correct spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

My spelling in particular has deteriorated terribly which is why I'm always editing posts. I think it's to do with the fact that we don't actually write anything anymore - everything is typed. 

Yes I think you're probably right. Like I said my spelling isn't great anyway but typing isn't a great way of getting any better, as most of the time it auto corrects so it makes me lazy. I do laugh about it but I do wish I was a little better with the English language, but unfortunately I think that ship has sailed.

Anybody on BT broadband, TV etc? Been a virgin customer for just under 20 years and was gonna make a switch in January. Didn't know who to go with. I've heard good and bad with all providers. Had a quite good deal pitched to me yesterday and I have jumped on board, but I'm a little concerned as it's new to me. Have I made the right decision? My virgin media broadband has been pretty poor over the past few years. 

15 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Anybody on BT broadband, TV etc? Been a virgin customer for just under 20 years and was gonna make a switch in January. Didn't know who to go with. I've heard good and bad with all providers. Had a quite good deal pitched to me yesterday and I have jumped on board, but I'm a little concerned as it's new to me. Have I made the right decision? My virgin media broadband has been pretty poor over the past few years. 

Any idea on the broadband service (title wise not speed) the alternate provider is offering?

Also just some additional information not that relevant at the moment but will be in a few years, Openreach are retiring all copper services by the end of 2025. I assume they'll make it as painless for residential consumers as possible but worth bearing in mind in a few years. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

50 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

BT broadband has been fine but whenever there's been issues, the customer service can be a bit lacking. 

I believe BT have just lost quite a few channels recently too. 

The sport package is alright though. Just seen they've got the Ashes! Thought that was a Sky stronghold. Plenty of football too - PL, CL, EL, ECL, Ligue 1, Serie A and the odd Portuguese game. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

BT broadband has been fine but whenever there's been issues, the customer service can be a bit lacking. 

The sport package is alright though. Just seen they've got the Ashes! Thought that was a Sky stronghold. Plenty of football too - PL, CL, EL, ECL, Ligue 1, Serie A and the odd Portuguese game. 

Think BT won the rights to show Australian stuff a few years back now didn't they and it was renewed this year. A home Ashes series would be on Sky though

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Any idea on the broadband service (title wise not speed) the alternate provider is offering?

Also just some additional information not that relevant at the moment but will be in a few years, Openreach are retiring all copper services by the end of 2025. I assume they'll make it as painless for residential consumers as possible but worth bearing in mind in a few years. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Cheers guys. @tommyfresh I'm not sure what the package is called as they just started off with Internet and started adding all sorts of different things and discounts. They said (and I know their bound to say) that their broadband is brilliant and never drops below 60mps guaranteed (:dunno: means nothing to me) and I get BT sports, Netflix, Box Nation and now TV all for £47 which I pay just under double that on virgin with less stuff.

We really don't bother with much TV in our house unless it's the footy or boxing so not really bothered TV side, it's just the Internet I'm concerned about as I can't be arsed with 2 teenage kids moaning about it. 

Thing is I'm a sucker for buying into shit (that's why I stay out the car thread 😂) and whilst I still got the chance if it's gonna be crap, I want to quickly get out. 

Does anybody here live or have a place in Cyprus?

My Wife and I inherited a 2 bed apartment and the paperwork has just been completed so we are trying to decide what to do with it.

We're also in the process of selling our current property in the UK and I was thinking of taking a year or so out in Cyprus before we decide on the next chapter in our lives.

Ultimately we are probably going to live in South West France.

We've been to Cyprus a few times but only during bird migration, late August/September or April/May.

So, what's the weather like (I know it's hot) in summer and in winter? Any pitfalls to look out for?

The apartment is in Polis, north-west Cyprus (Greek side).

Does anyone have any experience with electrically heated clothing? I know some bikers wear them: @Line-X?)

Mrs Buce really feels the cold, which results in me and my daughter having to suffer excess heating in the house, and I'm thinking this may be the answer.

7 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Cheers guys. @tommyfresh I'm not sure what the package is called as they just started off with Internet and started adding all sorts of different things and discounts. They said (and I know their bound to say) that their broadband is brilliant and never drops below 60mps guaranteed (:dunno: means nothing to me) and I get BT sports, Netflix, Box Nation and now TV all for £47 which I pay just under double that on virgin with less stuff.

We really don't bother with much TV in our house unless it's the footy or boxing so not really bothered TV side, it's just the Internet I'm concerned about as I can't be arsed with 2 teenage kids moaning about it. 

Thing is I'm a sucker for buying into shit (that's why I stay out the car thread 😂) and whilst I still got the chance if it's gonna be crap, I want to quickly get out. 

Sounds like a pretty good offer and moving around is usually the best way to keep getting good deals, if they're guranteeing speeds you shouldn't be on a copper service anyway. Always worth checking your speeds at some point to make sure

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Buce said:

Does anyone have any experience with electrically heated clothing? I know some bikers wear them: @Line-X?)

Mrs Buce really feels the cold, which results in me and my daughter having to suffer excess heating in the house, and I'm thinking this may be the answer.

Real bikers don’t wear heated clothing :ph34r:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Sounds like a pretty good offer and moving around is usually the best way to keep getting good deals, if they're guranteeing speeds you shouldn't be on a copper service anyway. Always worth checking your speeds at some point to make sure

It is fibre according to the guy I was talking to. Yeah, I'll definitely be checking the speeds. 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I think they do - along with heated bar grips. It used to be gloves I think, but now its a range of garments from vests to jackets. It's not just motorcycle clothing, but hiking gear too. No experience whatsoever I'm afraid. I rode the bike last week and had so many layers on I looked like Michelin Man. Largely fair weather these days I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Ready Brek? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

A hot water bottle is probably a cheaper option? Or those heat packs for muscle injuries?

Don't know how practical that would be.

I feel the cold quite badly, always whack the heating up, much to the displeasure of everyone else!

I was surprisingly quite warm at the game yesterday though. Apart from my feet. I've just regained feeling in my toes in the past half hour! 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I think they do - along with heated bar grips. It used to be gloves I think, but now its a range of garments from vests to jackets. It's not just motorcycle clothing, but hiking gear too. No experience whatsoever I'm afraid. I rode the bike last week and had so many layers on I looked like Michelin Man. Largely fair weather these days I'm afraid. 

Ready Brek? 

I've got heated grips on mine, make very little difference. Went out for a spin yesterday morning. Weather was fantastic, bright and still. Froze my balls off. Came home and put the bike away until spring.

24 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Very wise. I'll wager like me, you've served your all-weather apprenticeship. 

Definitely. Riding to work in snow, both feet skirting the ground and frozen (literally) eyelids.

I used to keep a set of clothes at work to change into.

Wet leather- not good...

27 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I've got heated grips on mine, make very little difference. Went out for a spin yesterday morning. Weather was fantastic, bright and still. Froze my balls off. Came home and put the bike away until spring.

24 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Very wise. I'll wager like me, you've served your all-weather apprenticeship. 

Old bikers never die, they just wait till it gets warm... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1