Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

About to try and grow my own puff balls but struggling a bit with the instructions ...   anyone translate (possibly Ukrainian but could be anywhere in that neck of the woods) gobblydegook ...    help !!   :unsure:

IMG_7482.jpg

You've been had mate, those are the assembly instructions for an ikea shelving unit.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Ok, now I'm confused.

When I posted earlier my battery was dead and the HP Support Assistant was informing me that the battery was fvcked and needed replacing. I've been using the laptop plugged in since and now the battery is fully charged, and when I ran a systems check everything comes up fine.

Any ideas what's going on?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Ok, now I'm confused.

When I posted earlier my battery was dead and the HP Support Assistant was informing me that the battery was fvcked and needed replacing. I've been using the laptop plugged in since and now the battery is fully charged, and when I ran a systems check everything comes up fine.

Probably an Id10-t error :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Ok, now I'm confused.

Without knowing the exact laptop model I can only speculate. HP Support Assistant is pants. Chances are it's just throwing up a false report, usually due to either a new windows update or driver update etc etc. Usually they fix it themselves in a new patch. If it's charging fine and holding the charge I'd leave it be and see how you get on.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Buce said:

My laptop battery has failed.

Any idea what it might cost to replace?

I have replaced laptop batteries in the past using cheapo, non-OEM batteries. They’re fantastic for a week, but they won’t last. My advice would be to spend more on the replacement OEM battery if you plan on keeping the laptop.

• Thanks 1

On 29/11/2021 at 16:31, Buce said:

Does anyone have any experience with electrically heated clothing? I know some bikers wear them: @Line-X?)

Mrs Buce really feels the cold, which results in me and my daughter having to suffer excess heating in the house, and I'm thinking this may be the answer.

Yes, I work outside a lot.

So obviously these are tradesman style but very effective.

Milwaukee heated clothing is excellent.

• Like 2

Anybody had any experience of a full street not receiving any post (RM parcels are fine) for about a week? We live on a new built site, we’ve been here since March and post has always found us, but we haven’t received any post now for about a week. My dad posted my Liverpool ticket to me first class on Sunday night and it’s still not arrived, Mrs has been waiting on a new bank card for about a week too. Our neighbours also have been waiting for things that haven’t come through the door, one lady had a first class letter sent out on the 24th November and she still hasn’t got it. 

@Trav Le Bleuam I right in thinking you’re a postie? (Apologies if not) - is there a best department of Royal Mail to get in touch with to ask them about it? 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Anybody had any experience of a full street not receiving any post (RM parcels are fine) for about a week? We live on a new built site, we’ve been here since March and post has always found us, but we haven’t received any post now for about a week. My dad posted my Liverpool ticket to me first class on Sunday night and it’s still not arrived, Mrs has been waiting on a new bank card for about a week too. Our neighbours also have been waiting for things that haven’t come through the door, one lady had a first class letter sent out on the 24th November and she still hasn’t got it. 

@Trav Le Bleuam I right in thinking you’re a postie? (Apologies if not) - is there a best department of Royal Mail to get in touch with to ask them about it? 

No, I am a postman.

Have you noticed any postal workers at all? I know that in some parts (my own office included) parcels are being prioritised and letters just left, which in my opinion, is disgusting. It's not helped by the number of staff off sick. In my office there's 10 people off sick (plus ones on leave) and there's only 30 rounds.

Also, as you live on a new dev, chances are there hasn't been a round made up to cover it. It may be that it's done on over time, which of course requires posties who are willing to do that. When you do get post, is it late in the day? That would indicate that it's probably being done on overtime.

Hearing you've not received stuff does not shock me, unfortunately.

Best thing to do is contact the Delivery Office that covers your area. Try typing Royal Mail delivery office in Google maps and selecting nearest one.

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

No, I am a postman.

Have you noticed any postal workers at all? I know that in some parts (my own office included) parcels are being prioritised and letters just left, which in my opinion, is disgusting. It's not helped by the number of staff off sick. In my office there's 10 people off sick (plus ones on leave) and there's only 30 rounds.

Also, as you live on a new dev, chances are there hasn't been a round made up to cover it. It may be that it's done on over time, which of course requires posties who are willing to do that. When you do get post, is it late in the day? That would indicate that it's probably being done on overtime.

Hearing you've not received stuff does not shock me, unfortunately.

Best thing to do is contact the Delivery Office that covers your area. Try typing Royal Mail delivery office in Google maps and selecting nearest one.

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

No that’s great, thank you. We’re going to wait until Monday, if still nothing, we’ll start enquiring. It’s just all very odd because we never had an issue previously, but I do appreciate the time of year. 

Interesting what you say about when the post arrives though, it did sometimes used to come in the middle of the afternoon, so that’s a good bit of insight. 

• Like 1