Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

lol lol it was fate!

I wanted a Leicester players name, and I nearly went with Jeffrey, then decided to pick a former player (Schlupp was a Leicester player at the time), so said some out loud and he reacted to Theo.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 19:20, Parafox said:

Then I guess you do what Raj has suggested and consult a financial expert.

Your suggesting a re-mortgage to get a more agreeable deal and in that situation, it might work for you,

Our circumstances were a bit different as we had hocked ourselves into quite bad debts. 8 years ago we re-mortgaged to clear them but the additional interest over the long term was more expensive. In the end we had to apply for an IVA. That worked as we got the creditors off our backs and were able to manage more reasonable repayment terms as well as binning off some of them who we didn't owe much to by repaying a nominal sum. The creditors would rather have something rather than nothing. 

On 03/10/2021 at 19:54, MPH said:

I suppose it depends on age too. If you are touching 60 then it might not be smart as that will extend your time that your paying obviously.. well past retirement age…

if you are in your 40s or younger, I’d do it…

I am probably going to sound stupid but I thought this was the norm- agree mortgage terms for 2,3,5 years whatever then renew by agreeing new mortgage terms when the current agreement expires?  

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I am probably going to sound stupid but I thought this was the norm- agree mortgage terms for 2,3,5 years whatever then renew by agreeing new mortgage terms when the current agreement expires?  

Yeah that's normal. 

After the fixed rate ends you go onto a much more expensive variable rate so it's much cheaper to just fix again.

I've always used the tools on the money saving expert website and even when I used a broker once I found a much better deal than they did. 

My fixed term is up on May so hoping the low rates stay low a touch longer as there's some good deals around atm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Yes but it’s still a mortgage spread ober 25-30 years.  If you just have 10 years left to pay, and you are touching 60 it probably wouldn’t be worth remortgaging as you’ll have a mortgage till you are 80… but if you are  35… 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Why are there no socks on the lcfc website for away kit kids? Got him the shirt a while back now I want him to be a FKW as he’s only 6…. Shorts are available online…. So they have them in the store?

...I imagine a bunch of w@nkers have been buying them up for the love of city...

Just for clarity, as there is possibly a bit of confusion in this thread, generally when remortgaging is referred to these days it's simply the process of switching from one deal to another, usually, as already noted, when the preferential terms on the original deal have expired and you would otherwise be put on the lender's (usually higher) standard variable rate.

Although this is an opportunity to change the terms of the mortgage e.g. borrow over a longer period to get the payments down (which will usually involve paying more overall), normally you just keep to the period of the original mortgage e.g. you take out a 25 year mortgage, with a fixed rate for four years, and then at the end of the four years you switch to another four year fixed rate with a term of 21 years.

Rates are low at the minute, and I've even seen folk switching before their current deal expires, as although they'll pay redemption penalties for coming out of it early, sometimes the numbers mean they're still better off overall

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MPH said:

Yes but it’s still a mortgage spread ober 25-30 years.  If you just have 10 years left to pay, and you are touching 60 it probably wouldn’t be worth remortgaging as you’ll have a mortgage till you are 80… but if you are  35… 

Not necessarily true nowadays, I took out a 3-year fixed mortgage in 2015 for 25 years, then when the fixed deal ended I switched to a new 2-year fixed mortgage deal in 2018 for the remaining 22 years, then last year I went on to another 2-year fixed deal with 20 years left etc etc.

It doesn't mean you're adding time on to the deal, just switching the mortgage to a fixed amount rather than going on to a variable deal. Also - all of my switches were with the same company as they consistently offered the best rate each time my fixed period has come to an end.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Tattoos then. Why do people have them?

is it for yourself  or for someone to look at or a little bit inbetween?

sometimes I find myself intensely looks at someone to try and work out the tattoo - what’s the actual picture, is it just a pretty picture or is there. Message trying to be portrayed../ but isn’t it rude to stare? Should I just ask about the tattoos? Do you get annoyed when people ask? Is it inappropriate to ask about some of them?

Genuine questions!

1 hour ago, MPH said:

sometimes I find myself intensely looks at someone to try and work out the tattoo - what’s the actual picture, is it just a pretty picture or is there. Message trying to be portrayed../ but isn’t it rude to stare? Should I just ask about the tattoos? Do you get annoyed when people ask? Is it inappropriate to ask about some of them?

Genuine questions!

Can't answer that. I have 2 small tats, one on each arm that I had done under peer pressure. I regret them now as they aren't of the quality of modern tattoos. 

There's a guy who I see around Hinckley that has his face tattooed with triangles above and below his eyes and other designs on his forehead and around his mouth and chin. I would love to ask him why, but he might give me a smack in the face.

Back in the day when I worked as DJ at The Carousel, there was a regular known as "spider". His entire face was covered with a tattooed cobweb.

Footballers have them because they have to too much money to spend. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Tattoos are stupid pointless doodles over your skin. Most of them look crap any way and the ones which are just patterns is like permanently wallpapering yourself. 

I have a few tattoos. I have few regrets in life - meeting my first wife, selling my first house too soon, that incident in Brazil with the lady? I met in a bar - but my tattoos look so crap now after so many years. 

I love my tattoos. I got them because I like them, no other reason.

They're all in places where they're easily hidden, would never have any on my neck or hands. 

Mine are all old school Sailor Jerry designs, very traditional and brightly coloured. 

I like it when strangers ask me about them, it's happened quite a few times and they're always complimentary. 

Some people probably hate them, which is fine with me.

When I'm at work in my suit and tie, you wouldn't have a clue that I had any, most people are surprised when they find out I've got 14! All on my arms and chest.

Edit...there's a sample.

It does need finishing in to a proper sleeve! 

20211016_172852.jpg

Edited by tom27111

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I love my tattoos. I got them because I like them, no other reason.

They're all in places where they're easily hidden, would never have any on my neck or hands. 

Mine are all old school Sailor Jerry designs, very traditional and brightly coloured. 

I like it when strangers ask me about them, it's happened quite a few times and they're always complimentary. 

Some people probably hate them, which is fine with me.

When I'm at work in my suit and tie, you wouldn't have a clue that I had any, most people are surprised when they find out I've got 14! All on my arms and chest.

Edit...there's a sample.

It does need finishing in to a proper sleeve! 

20211016_172852.jpg

To be fair they look good, mine look like they were done in prison 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, jgtuk said:

To be fair they look good, mine look like they were done in prison 😂

The guy who I used to go to regularly bought a specific old school rounded needle to use on me, for the authentic look.

Told me it'd hurt more, but they'll look original.

I swear he was just sadistic lol

Not had any done for a few years now, need to find a decent local place, which I'm told there are plenty of. 

I've completely decided my next one will be on my calf, a portrait of Jamie Vardy (possibly looking like Jesus), with his quote "They wanted me when nobody else did"

Was going to get Youri spanking the winner in the cup final, but I'd be disgusted in myself if he moved to somewhere like Liverpool lol

• Like 1

On 15/10/2021 at 17:50, MPH said:

Genuine questions!

I have the lcfc emblem on my shoulder which I got 20 odd years ago.

Only because we were getting shafted in the Premier league and I was getting stick from everyone for being a city fan. So I thought, right sod you lot this is how much it means to me so got it done.

My mum Didnt talk to me for  a week  as back then indian boys didn't do stuff like that!!!

I'm just glad I didnt get one too visible although nowadays it's just the norm to have tattoos.

I dont like them and it gives off the wrong impression personally to me although like I say it's just the normal thing nowadays.

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

The guy who I used to go to regularly bought a specific old school rounded needle to use on me, for the authentic look.

Told me it'd hurt more, but they'll look original.

I swear he was just sadistic lol

Not had any done for a few years now, need to find a decent local place, which I'm told there are plenty of. 

I've completely decided my next one will be on my calf, a portrait of Jamie Vardy (possibly looking like Jesus), with his quote "They wanted me when nobody else did"

Was going to get Youri spanking the winner in the cup final, but I'd be disgusted in myself if he moved to somewhere like Liverpool lol

To be honest, I had mine done purely as a rebellion to my upbringing in a heavily religious family. No thought whatsoever went into the design or planning… I think it’s more acceptable in todays society and often the norm in some circles so if I were younger I might feel differently. I certainly don’t judge people with tattoos although it’s difficult to converse with someone you’ve just met when they are covered in face/neck tats… 

I once interviewed a girl with tattooed legs, arms and chest and it was hard not to focus on them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

To be honest, I had mine done purely as a rebellion to my upbringing in a heavily religious family. No thought whatsoever went into the design or planning… I think it’s more acceptable in todays society and often the norm in some circles so if I were younger I might feel differently. I certainly don’t judge people with tattoos although it’s difficult to converse with someone you’ve just met when they are covered in face/neck tats… 

I once interviewed a girl with tattooed legs, arms and chest and it was hard not to focus on them. 

I do look at some people and think they've overdone it.

Makes me hypocritical with the ones I've got, but you're right. 

Like I said, I like to be able to cover mine up in circumstances like that. 

If you're a rock star or a footballer, get them where you want, but if you've got to be a customer service rep at B&Q, maybe think it through lol

• Haha 1

Was in Tesco’s earlier and someone walking past me sneezed - I’m totally unreligious but straight away I said Bless You. What’s the origin of \the sneeze/bless you?  Rather than going on google, I thought I’d ask you guys.

7 minutes ago, oakman said:

Was in Tesco’s earlier and someone walking past me sneezed - I’m totally unreligious but straight away I said Bless You. What’s the origin of \the sneeze/bless you?  Rather than going on google, I thought I’d ask you guys.

I believe, also without checking Google, it came from the plague.

People thought you were infected if you sneezed, so said "bless you" because they basically thought you were going to die.

Happy to be corrected.

Me and @oakman ain't using Google. 

Old School :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oakman said:

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I believe, also without checking Google, it came from the plague.

People thought you were infected if you sneezed, so said "bless you" because they basically thought you were going to die.

Happy to be corrected.

Me and @oakman ain't using Google. 

Old School :thumbup:

Quite a simple answer in this case is that it is a contraction of 'God bless you' uttered as a protective prayer because sneezing was a symptom of bubonic plague.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

Tattoos are stupid pointless doodles over your skin. Most of them look crap any way and the ones which are just patterns is like permanently wallpapering yourself. 

I am inclined to agree with the pointless part. They used to be somewhat of a statement of individuality or even danger at a time when they were pretty much the preserve of brickies, servicemen, bikers and ex-cons instead of hipsters, chavs and football players. **** - Andy Feeley had a dragon on his forearm which he was made to cover up during matches. Basically, if you want to conform...get a tat. 

Quite like mine though, because they are vintage and crap and completely devoid of pretence.  

• Like 1

@David Guiza, I sent you a PM asking your opinion about something, but it looks as if you've not checked your messages for a few months - though I know you've been posting recently.

Absolutely no problem if you're unable to offer any info on the issue, but would be a shame to needlessly miss out on your input if you did have any advice.

• Thanks 1