Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Got a new glasses yesterday, was told to use it for long distance purpose such as cinema and driving but I'm wearing them 24/7 cause it make me see everything bit more clearer now and make me look cleverer so the question is......

Would wearing it 24/7 damage my eyes or not?

Bit of a daft question but I didn't created this thread for nowt....:P

I'm short sighted and was told the same thing when I first started wearing glasses. I only used them for such occassions or when I was in a lesson at school so I could see the board.

But eventually I just couldn't be arsed with putting them back in the case so I just wore them all day.

My eyesight has got worse over the years but I'm pretty sure that's natural and not because I'm wearing them all the while. In fact that's probably the reason I started wearing them non-stop anyway.

So I'm sure that's not helped you at all :P

Got a new glasses yesterday, was told to use it for long distance purpose such as cinema and driving but I'm wearing them 24/7 cause it make me see everything bit more clearer now and make me look cleverer so the question is......

Would wearing it 24/7 damage my eyes or not?

Bit of a daft question but I didn't created this thread for nowt....:P

Give it a year or two and then If you can get contact lenses do that instead (or laser eye). Glasses suck compared to contacts - the pair I wear you can sleep in and wear for about a month too so you don't even have to fanny about with solutions and the like.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

Give it a year or two and then If you can get contact lenses do that instead (or laser eye). Glasses suck compared to contacts - the pair I wear you can sleep in and wear for about a month too so you don't even have to fanny about with solutions and the like.

Really where'd you get them from?

They make my eyes really dry and sore though so I'm not sure if that would work for me.

I can only wear the dailies for 2 days in a row then I need about 4 days off

Why do people say 'that's my understanding', when they are speculating about something? You either understand it or you don't. If you're wrong then you haven't understood

It is to say that it is their interpretation of events. If you read something that's meaning is not obvious or watch an obscure film and you are discussing it with someone else you would use "that's my understanding" to say that it is your interpretation of what author or film maker is trying to say.

It is to say that it is their interpretation of events. If you read something that's meaning is not obvious or watch an obscure film and you are discussing it with someone else you would use "that's my understanding" to say that it is your interpretation of what author or film maker is trying to say.

yes , that's my understanding of it too :)

why do snooker players always wear waistcoats ?

That Charlie Brooker is such a wannabe anarchist but with a bit too much posh in him to do anything about it other than satirise. I think I like him though and we definitely share many of the same opinions with regard to the media and 'society'.

Err, why, because he's left wing?

He's just a cynic and a critic who rants for entertainment. I like him but a lot of what he says is largely for effect. Wannabe anarchist? Er, no?

If you like his views on news media, however, check out this - it's fab (Zingari would probably like it too)

FlatEarth.jpg

i read flat earth news a while back and quite enjoyed it but found it got quite repetitive ,and just labouring the same points with different examples

(but maybe it was just the mood i was in )

edit;

i didn't finish it so i'll root it out soon and give it another go :thumbup:

Edited by Zingari

i read flat earth news a while back and quite enjoyed it but found it got quite repetitive ,and just labouring the same points with different examples

(but maybe it was just the mood i was in )

edit;

i didn't finish it so i'll root it out soon and give it another go :thumbup:

It isn't brilliantly written, he is a better researcher than author. But the underlaying points make a good read.

Guest BlueBrett

why do snooker players always wear waistcoats ?

Stops their shirt from billowing out and potentially touching a ball as they lean over the table.

They dont wear waistcoats in the new shootout format though they just wear polo shirts similar to the ones darts players wear.

Posted this on another thread but thought I'd stick it here as well cos you lot are so-o--o brainy, somebody must have done this...

Has anyone ever changed the rear pads on a Renault Espace (2002 Petrol)?

Is it straightforward? Is there anything I should be aware of? Do I need to bleed the system or just open the nipple valve (like in the good old days)?

Can't afford ridiculous garage prices!

Any advice welcome

I am doing a research on the role of IT technologies in football- I got Pro Zone, the fixture scheduler and the statistics database as examples- Got any more ideas guys?

I doubt goal line technology counts because technically, it is not IT-related really.

Why are there so many ladyboys in Thailand?

Because they are allowed to do whatever they want in that country, whereas in this country people like them may get abused/tortured? :dunno:

Edited by Wymeswold fox