Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

turds don't hang around for years in public places like they used to, giving them less opportunity to dry out and turn white. :thumbup:

I know one who's been hanging around for years drying out (Bazzer)

Always been white though...

Far as I know...

the circumstances in which you are killing one and saving others. People usually don't consider just the simple information because it's almost second nature for us to draw addition information, that isn't present and may even contradict that given, and in the first one the additional information drawn is that there are, in some cases ways of keeping these people alive without transplants and ways of obtaining transplants without death of another.However in the third there is , no way of avoiding killing anyone - even with outside knowledge (perhaps because there isn't any?) and in that case they consider the numbers: 1 v 5 and go for 1.If you could, say program a computer to process someones personality, and enter that question then, with computers being more logical and not considering anything outside the function being performed (the question) you'd probably see no variation between the 3 questions from 1 "person" - they'd most likely all be kill 1 or kill 5

Having read LA's previous answers on the question of plants and now the answer given above, I can't believe you are 17yrs old, LA, particularly after reading some very blunt and disparaging comments in some of your other postings on various things.

So, my question, how did you get to be so fantastically well informed? :thumbup:

Having read LA's previous answers on the question of plants and now the answer given above, I can't believe you are 17yrs old, LA, particularly after reading some very blunt and disparaging comments in some of your other postings on various things.

So, my question, how did you get to be so fantastically well informed? :thumbup:

i'm a bit of a loner and a nerd. Spend a fair bit of my time reading/researching about things that intrigue me.

i'm a bit of a loner and a nerd. Spend a fair bit of my time reading/researching about things that intrigue me.

When you get to the chapter on women,rip it up.They have their own rule book to confuse men,and the majority(not all.said to cover my arse) do not have a rational thought process.

Just to cover my own arse again.My wife is the exception to the rule and always tells me if something is wrong, rather than sulks, giving me the silent treatment for days on end :whistle:

Edited by cambridgefox

When you get to the chapter on women,rip it up.They have their own rule book to confuse men,and the majority(not all.said to cover my arse) do not have a rational thought process.

Just to cover my own arse again.My wife is the exception to the rule and always tells me if something is wrong, rather than sulks, giving me the silent treatment for days on end :whistle:

Am I really that scary?! :P:devil:

So... ARE dutch rudders gay?

according to expert opinion ( smuts ) it's not if there's no eye to eye contact

( can't say i'm convinced ) :unsure:

edit ;

sorry i forgot my question;

are there really more questions than answers ?

Edited by Zingari

edit ;

there are unanswerable questions but so many different answers are put forward for everything that there are probably more answers than there are questions.

For instance: What is the meaning of life? must have thousands of different answers.

there are unanswerable questions but so many different answers are put forward for everything that there are probably more answers than there are questions.

For instance: What is the meaning of life? must have thousands of different answers.

There's only ONE answer for that.

Shit don't look at me. I'm still not entirely sure what the fuck a dutch rudder is. I skim-read the last two threads at best.

Yeah, yeah - I always find pleading ignorance is the best policy too. :D

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen

edit ;

If you define an answer to a question as the one correct answer (regardless of how many actual answers there are to a question) and then consider that before you can get an answer a question has to be asked, there will always be one more question then there is an answer at that point.

So in short, yes!

If you define an answer to a question as the one correct answer (regardless of how many actual answers there are to a question) and then consider that before you can get an answer a question has to be asked, there will always be one more question then there is an answer at that point.

So in short, yes!

well i've got 2 answers to this same question :)

So in short, yes!

The one correct answer is subjective,

For example there is only one correct answer to the question: "How old are you?"

But this answer changes depending on who is asked the question, if we stick to years and use the presumption that there are people of all ages up to 110 (there are 3 110 year olds currently alive so not an unfair assumption to make) there are 111 correct answers to that question. If you start including months and days, or change it to "What is your date of birth?" then we have a huge number of answers to one question.

You have to remember that rhetorical questions have answers, you are just not expected to answer them because the answer is either obvious or unwanted.

For there to be more questions than answers, there has to be more unanswerable questions than combinations of answers to subjective questions.

An unanswerable: What happens to your soul when you die? There are answers to this question but at the moment there is no one true/correct answer so this falls outside of your definition of an answer.

I reckon there are an infinite number of questions based on the fact that there are an inifinite number of numbers and questions can be about numbers, so therefore there are also an infinite number of answers, because questions about numbers have definite answers. Therefore the number of questions = the number of answers.

The one correct answer is subjective,

For example there is only one correct answer to the question: "How old are you?"

But this answer changes depending on who is asked the question, if we stick to years and use the presumption that there are people of all ages up to 110 (there are 3 110 year olds currently alive so not an unfair assumption to make) there are 111 correct answers to that question. If you start including months and days, or change it to "What is your date of birth?" then we have a huge number of answers to one question.

You have to remember that rhetorical questions have answers, you are just not expected to answer them because the answer is either obvious or unwanted.

For there to be more questions than answers, there has to be more unanswerable questions than combinations of answers to subjective questions.

An unanswerable: What happens to your soul when you die? There are answers to this question but at the moment there is no one true/correct answer so this falls outside of your definition of an answer.

I reckon there are an infinite number of questions based on the fact that there are an inifinite number of numbers and questions can be about numbers, so therefore there are also an infinite number of answers, because questions about numbers have definite answers. Therefore the number of questions = the number of answers.

Obviously the way you interpet this poser has a direct impact on how you view the outcome.

I agree that you can get many answers to the same question and in some cases all of them would merit being a correct answer but i decided to look at this with the view that to each question there is one ultimately correct answer regardless of how many facities are to that answer for simplification purposes.

With that thinking and on the basis that a question has to be asked before an answer can be given, you could apply the following equation at any given time;

No of Questions = No of Answers -1

Thus, number of questions is always at least one more than the number of answers. In truth there are many unanswered questions so the -1 is far from perfect, but from a simplified thinking point I feel its a sufficient argument to say there are more questions than answers.

Of course you could argue that incorrect or substandard answers also count as an answers too - in which case you could completely disregard the above therom. Equally the equations main issue is that it assumes the rate of questions being asked to answers being provided is consistant (i.e. by the time each answer has been provided for a question, another question has been raised elsewhere) which is impossible to actually prove but an assumption that I feel is fair to make.

HOWEVER, please note the equation is reversed if ever applied to Jeapordy!

Obviously the way you interpet this poser has a direct impact on how you view the outcome.

I agree that you can get many answers to the same question and in some cases all of them would merit being a correct answer but i decided to look at this with the view that to each question there is one ultimately correct answer regardless of how many facities are to that answer for simplification purposes.

With that thinking and on the basis that a question has to be asked before an answer can be given, you could apply the following equation at any given time;

No of Questions = No of Answers -1

Thus, number of questions is always at least one more than the number of answers. In truth there are many unanswered questions so the -1 is far from perfect, but from a simplified thinking point I feel its a sufficient argument to say there are more questions than answers.

Of course you could argue that incorrect or substandard answers also count as an answers too - in which case you could completely disregard the above therom. Equally the equations main issue is that it assumes the rate of questions being asked to answers being provided is consistant (i.e. by the time each answer has been provided for a question, another question has been raised elsewhere) which is impossible to actually prove but an assumption that I feel is fair to make.

HOWEVER, please note the equation is reversed if ever applied to Jeapordy!

I quite agree, and I do like your equation, but if you plug in my values of infinity, then

Infinity = infinity -1 which I'm not sure makes sense

A question then.

How much time do you spend on Foxestalk, and do you ever wonder if it's too much?