Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I live near Posh fan's. They hate us. It's absurd, they actually think they're a bigger club than us.

I hate to be a football snob, but they're literally the most pathetic, deluded tinpot club I've ever come across.

This will sound along the same lines of forest fans claiming they don't care about us but I honestly never registered Peterborough as a rival to Leicester not at all until a posh fan started working with us and it then the dislike became apparent!! - still genuinely couldn't care less though (this winds him up no end)

I live near Posh fan's. They hate us. It's absurd, they actually think they're a bigger club than us.

I hate to be a football snob, but they're literally the most pathetic, deluded tinpot club I've ever come across.

Are their parents brother and sister? Only that could explain delusions on that scale.

Have posh EVER finished above us in any season of their history? No, and they're not likely to next season, or at any time in the foreseeable future.

Next time you encounter the cerebrally challenged, remind them of the attendances at their home games last winter. a few of them were below 5000. We take more than that to some away games! lol

Are their parents brother and sister? Only that could explain delusions on that scale.

Have posh EVER finished above us in any season of their history? No, and they're not likely to next season, or at any time in the foreseeable future.

Next time you encounter the cerebrally challenged, remind them of the attendances at their home games last winter. a few of them were below 5000. We take more than that to some away games! lol

In the Fens, the probability of that is pretty high. :D

The really rather reasonable Posh fan who posted during the CMS saga reckoned their dislike of us was due to Len Shipman having something to do with their failure to be elected to the Football League in the 1950s or something.

They're a tiny club by Championship standards though, I'd be amazed if any Peterborough fan genuinely thought they were bigger than us. Not to mention highly amused.

• Like 1

'Good defence shit everywhere else, I'd be surprised if they make play-offs'

Ah right, I forgot the season started tomorrow, not like there's weeks to make signings or anything. Guranteed the majority of those West 'Am fans have watched zero Championship football since they won promotion, if they had they'd realise we're anything but 'shit' in the middle of the park. King, Wellens, Abe, Danns, even Oakley, are class at this level.

• Like 1

'Good defence shit everywhere else, I'd be surprised if they make play-offs'

Ah right, I forgot the season started tomorrow, not like there's weeks to make signings or anything. Guranteed the majority of those West 'Am fans have watched zero Championship football since they won promotion, if they had they'd realise we're anything but 'shit' in the middle of the park. King, Wellens, Abe, Danns, even Oakley, are class at this level.

My thoughts exactly, apart from I probably wouldn't say Abe and Oakley are 'class'.

Guest ttfn

My thoughts exactly, apart from I probably wouldn't say Abe and Oakley are 'class'.

I am genuinely shocked that they seem to be so sure about our defence but so unsure about everything else.

They all seem to see Bamba as some sort of god, whilst King and Wellens don't even get a look in.

I'd say Abe definitely is.

Really? Definitely?

I think he's got a decent work rate and is fairly good at disrupting opposition play. He's not particularly strong and I wouldn't say he's a formidable tackler. Useful yes. Definitely class? Not in my opinion.

The majority of the posts from West Ham fans some up the arrogance of Premier League fans. Similar to when we got relegated to League 1 so many people thinking we'd walk the league. If I remember correctly they hardly walked this division last time in a much poorer league.

They're clearly going all or bust In the first season which can easily blow up in their face, also any players who stay will be off in January if they're struggling.

The majority of the posts from West Ham fans some up the arrogance of Premier League fans. Similar to when we got relegated to League 1 so many people thinking we'd walk the league. If I remember correctly they hardly walked this division last time in a much poorer league.

They're clearly going all or bust In the first season which can easily blow up in their face, also any players who stay will be off in January if they're struggling.

err.... we pretty much did though :dunno:

In the end we did yes, but other than us and Norwich who else have? It could have quite easily been different just look at Florest, Leeds, Charlton ect.

West Ham may replicate what Newcastle did but to think it'll be so easy and doubt other teams with no consideration is ridiculous.

West Ham, like those relegated before them, have a culture of losing.

Combine this with big time salaries, players looking for a faster route back than working for a living, agents dicking about and owners who are closer to Satan than everybody in charge at the NOTW and I'd happily predict them to cock up like Middlesborough this season.

Need to delete the Http:// thats already in the box when posting links Jon :thumbup:

Here you go....

Really is a laugh-a-minute with them. Truly are naive of the powers of the Championship. I would laugh so hard if they failed to get promoted.

Edited by samjohnson

West Ham fans are really showing themselves up as arrogant idiots with no knowledge of this league. :angry:

They clearly have no knowledge of defensive abilities whatsoever. They're quick to leap to bash Konchesky when he has, in my opinion, been our best defender so far in pre season and is proven to be solid at this level. They assume Bamba is our best defender because, no doubt, the only football they saw us play last year were the Man City FA Cup games. Fact is, and like it or not 90% of Foxes fans would agree with me, he is the weak link in our back 4 and will struggle to establish himself with Mills, St. Ledger and Tunch fit. :beer:

We don't have much firepower, no. But the way they go on about it you'd think we don't have anyone at all in front of our defense. They underestimate the likes of Wellens, Danns, Gallagher, Nugent and Abe at their peril. :ph34r:

The most delicious irony is that this seemingly inside-out knowledge of all tthe things that make a functional team comes from a side that let in too many goals, scored too few and were pretty much a one-man team last year. :rolleyes:

I honestly expect them to "do a Middlesborough." They'll be a tough nut no doubt, but if we can do the double over them i'll be more than happy. :appl:

It'll shut them up. Can't stand Hammers fans - they showed their true colours in the cup tie against Millwall a season or two back - anyone who can make the Lions fans look like the good guys are scum in my book... :whistle:

Edited by bluesbrothers