Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Yeh and the laughing stock of the league when we don't make it

Yeah. Does have a certain air of 'pride before the fall' about it.

I can totally see why people go a bit nuts, but I think we should rein it in a bit from now on.

The longer it goes on the bigger tw@ts we'll look if it all goes tats up.

:scarf:

How, in the name of God, can you compare Sven to Ian Holloway??? Just compare the cv's of the two! Sven 'keeps getting jobs with money to spend' because he's earnt that right through what he's achieved in the game. What a pair of eejits.

You can't Holloway has got a team promoted to the premiership.

Yeh and the laughing stock of the league when we don't make it

I see you are still erring on the side of positivity!! We may be there to be shot at but I would rather be there than where we have been for the last 10 years since MON left us.

Personally I wish people would stop this big headed, arrogant winding up of other fans. So we've run into money. Why ruin the good times by turning us into the most hated fans in the league? We're not Leeds FFS. Plus as the posts above point out, we're gonna look stupid if we don't go up. Let's show some humility eh.

• Like 3

Personally I wish people would stop this big headed, arrogant winding up of other fans. So we've run into money. Why ruin the good times by turning us into the most hated fans in the league? We're not Leeds FFS. Plus as the posts above point out, we're gonna look stupid if we don't go up. Let's show some humility eh.

Possibly the odd person has gone onto other forums but don't think anyones 'winding up other fans' really, It's just people have had a look at other clubs forums, seen threads on us and discussed them.

We seem to have become the most hated club in the league because other fans/clubs are perhaps jealous? Not our fans being arrogant or winding others up.

Eggs-actly!

We would rip into the leagues fans for thinking there too big a club for the lower leagues etc and by the looks of things

we seem to be heading exactly the same way. Just shows what a bit of money can do to 'some' peoples heads...

Im not saying dont enjoy the ride because I sure as hell am... Just leave out the arrogance a wee bit?!

Come on you BLUEEEES!

Possibly the odd person has gone onto other forums but don't think anyones 'winding up other fans' really, It's just people have had a look at other clubs forums, seen threads on us and discussed them.

We seem to have become the most hated club in the league because other fans/clubs are perhaps jealous? Not our fans being arrogant or winding others up.

But I've read multiple posts where our fans have wound up Bristol fans, saying they're a "tinpot" club. All because they think money = a god given right to buy anyone we want. It's really sad and making the rest of us looks like c***s too.

But I've read multiple posts where our fans have wound up Bristol fans, saying they're a "tinpot" club. All because they think money = a god given right to buy anyone we want. It's really sad and making the rest of us looks like c***s too.

But they would have been called 'Tinpot' before we had the money. It is in the blood of a Leicester fan to have a superiority complex and I personally love looking down at everybody from my big fluffy cloud. Feck em - The peasants!! :D

I think it is just some peeps having a bit of fun and winding poeple up due to us having some real money for the first time in 126 years, amazing to think we have been a relatively big club and played in the top flight for many a year with tight backers who would cringe at giving away a kitkat :whistle:

I think it is just some peeps having a bit of fun and winding poeple up due to us having some real money for the first time in 126 years, amazing to think we have been a relatively big club and played in the top flight for many a year with tight backers who would cringe at giving away a kitkat :whistle:

Your "bit of fun" is my embarrassment. And it doesnt really matter who started it.

I think you've every right to be excited going into this season. As one of a handful of Reading fans living in Leicester, it is certainly a very different vibe surrounding your club to ours.

Although we are still widely expected, outside of Reading, to be there or there abouts in the play off shake up. You guys are expected to gain automatic promotion, personally I think you will.

However with the spending power that you have had in the close season, you automatically put yourselves in a position of a much bigger fall than anyone else, West Ham possibly the exception.

Every forum is bound to be talking of you guys at the moment, you're the only ones creating any headlines in the championship. There will be many trying to stick the knife in you already, I would say as much through jealousy as anything else.

I love the way that Reading operate with unearthing gems and bringing through the youngsters from a successful academy. Would I and many Reading fans be the same as you guys if we had 10-15 million to spend, damn right we would!

I think you've every right to be excited going into this season. As one of a handful of Reading fans living in Leicester, it is certainly a very different vibe surrounding your club to ours.

Although we are still widely expected, outside of Reading, to be there or there abouts in the play off shake up. You guys are expected to gain automatic promotion, personally I think you will.

However with the spending power that you have had in the close season, you automatically put yourselves in a position of a much bigger fall than anyone else, West Ham possibly the exception.

Every forum is bound to be talking of you guys at the moment, you're the only ones creating any headlines in the championship. There will be many trying to stick the knife in you already, I would say as much through jealousy as anything else.

I love the way that Reading operate with unearthing gems and bringing through the youngsters from a successful academy. Would I and many Reading fans be the same as you guys if we had 10-15 million to spend, damn right we would!

How big a loss will Matt Mills be to Reading ?? Do you think he will do well with us ??

Cheers :thumbup:

How big a loss will Matt Mills be to Reading ?? Do you think he will do well with us ??

Cheers :thumbup:

Mills is a big loss more because we have got neither of the central defenders at the club that we had last year.

On his day Mills is the best in this league, unfortunately there weren't enough of those days.

Positives

Powerhouse

Good in the air

Can pick a good long ball

Very vocal

Negatives

Lapses in concentration

Looks for the long ball to often

Very short fuse

I am sure he will go on to be a very good CB and you've bought him at about the right time. Forget about the price, his worth is what he brings to Leicester.

Looks for the long ball to often

Maybe instructed by McDermott to do that? Reading are fairly direct under McDermott, relying on the pace and movement of forward players such as Long and Kebe.

Remember, he was at Doncaster under O’Driscoll, where I imagine he would have been involved in a shorter passing game.

Maybe instructed by McDermott to do that? Reading are fairly direct under McDermott, relying on the pace and movement of forward players such as Long and Kebe.

Remember, he was at Doncaster under O’Driscoll, where I imagine he would have been involved in a shorter passing game.

Being as you mention Kebe, I take it you weren't at the Madejski last season?

We are a better side when we give it to our wingers feet to run with.

I can't honestly think of any other player apart from the keeper who played any sort of long ball game.

Apart from when O'Neill left us with £10m in the bank.

We all remember how easily his successor blew that legacy, and an awful lot more besides..

Being as you mention Kebe, I take it you weren't at the Madejski last season?

We are a better side when we give it to our wingers feet to run with.

I can't honestly think of any other player apart from the keeper who played any sort of long ball game.

As a matter of fact, I was in attendance last season – you played very much as an away team, absorbing pressure and hitting us on the counter.

By no means do I think Reading were a replica of Stoke; however, from what I saw in other games, Long was often on the last shoulder and Kebe was the beneficiary of passes played into the channels.

As a matter of fact, I was in attendance last season – you played very much as an away team, absorbing pressure and hitting us on the counter.

By no means do I think Reading were a replica of Stoke; however, from what I saw in other games, Long was often on the last shoulder and Kebe was the beneficiary of passes played into the channels.

Yes that's exactly how we play, very counter attacking but I wouldn't say long ball. absorb the pressure and then let the wingers run with the ball.

Mills too often looks for the killer 60 yard ball, thus giving possession straight back. I'm sure his vision will improve with maturity, it's not often you see the top CB's in the world spraying 60 yard balls, they let someone else do that.

As said before, I think you have signed him at the right time. He's not far off becoming an excellent all round CB. His composure when on the ball and short fuse will be coached well and he can only improve.

I thought I'd bump this up after seeing some tweets on twitter saying

"McClaren is better than Sven"

How cant you state that, Sven has won something at just about every club hes been at regardless of funds;Compared to McClaren who's won the Dutch league(Weak league imo). you cant really compare them imo; its like comparing Bacon and a sprout. <_<

Sorry bout that; but it was really p***ing me off. :blush:

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1