Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not really. Taking people out intentionally isn't part of the rules and shouldn't be a tactic.

Set out to intentionally take someone out -> end up with long term injury yourself = justice/karma

Their manager has decided that would be the best chance they'd have to try and get a result, and the player has done what was instructed of him.

To say that you hope three lads have lost their chance at top flight football because of that is pathetic.

I'd say it depends on your definition of dirty, we were strong in the challenge, but for me dirty means aiming to foul rather than tackle, to constantly stop the game, and we weren't.

Some of the challenges we put in yesterday were on the verge of very dirty - Huth's tackle on Wilson, smashing the ball into the stands whilst almost aiming at Wilson's head and then shoving away another Bournemouth player in the process was an ugly thing to do.

It was good to see Gradel go off injured after what he did to Mahrez early doors. I hope all 3 injuries are long term.

Gradel's was hardly a Newcastle style of foul play and why wish an injury on Daniels or Mings , what would your views be on  Newcastle fan being happy about the James injury? are you happy our ex player Tom Cleverley got stretchered off yesterday?

Some of the challenges we put in yesterday were on the verge of very dirty - Huth's tackle on Wilson, smashing the ball into the stands whilst almost aiming at Wilson's head and then shoving away another Bournemouth player in the process was an ugly thing to do.

I wouldn't say the tackle was dirty, he's just sort of bundled him over. The slap was, granted, and he should have been sent off, but I don't think we ever really went in with the intention to foul and injure. Their players got injured due to poor luck or in the case of mings, being gutless cowards, not our play.

Edited by The Doctor

Their manager has decided that would be the best chance they'd have to try and get a result, and the player has done what was instructed of him.

To say that you hope three lads have lost their chance at top flight football because of that is pathetic.

Is it right to instruct someone to deliberately hurt someone in football?

No but it happens and cannot see anything more than a crap challenge from Gradel not a Nobby Stiles against Eusebio approach to get us into a world cup final.

Not a dirty game yesterday but a poor ref did not help at all.

lol, think you're missing the point somewhat. Just because someone makes strong/shit tackles or even purposefully fouls people, how many centre backs 'leave one on him' in the first few minutes? Happens all the time. It's not right, no. But how that not being right correlates in to hope a career is ****ed as a result? Strange man.

lol, think you're missing the point somewhat. Just because someone makes strong/shit tackles or even purposefully fouls people, how many centre backs 'leave one on him' in the first few minutes? Happens all the time. It's not right, no. But how that not being right correlates in to hope a career is ****ed as a result? Strange man.

1. I never said anything about ending careers

2. It's exactly them type of tackles that leaves people seriously injured, so therefore shouldn't be done. Just because you accept it as it's always been like that doesn't mean I do.

1. I never said anything about ending careers

2. It's exactly them type of tackles that leaves people seriously injured, so therefore shouldn't be done. Just because you accept it as it's always been like that doesn't mean I do.

Can't you just admit you are in the wrong, you wished a long term injury on all 3 of their players

Came across as just a crap challenge from Gradel nothing more, however it did do for Mahrez.

Which left RDL somewhat isolated and having a difficult game. Their goal came from the left; target Mayrez, then target RDL?

I personally couldn't care less about the career of any player who doesn't play for Leicester.

And, if these injuries mean one of the relegation places is taken, then that's all good with me.

Anyone want to get sanctimonious about that, go ahead.

More likely than what? That doesn't even make sense.

Than trying to play the ball and playing fair.

I have no passion for the 'leave one on him' type of football as I think it's cowardly. It causes serious injuries and ends careers for the sake of a better chance of 3 measly points.

So I don't have sympathy or wish well on those that do it, when they get injuries.

Get my drift?

Edited by ImBlue

I'd love to find this quote you seem to of come up with where I said I agreed with 'leaving one on him', I simply said it happened. 9/11 happened, me saying that doesn't mean I like 9/11? Catch my drift? I'm not even sure what points you're arguing against. People have said you're ridiculous for wishing long term injuries on players. You've responded by arguing points that haven't been made in the first place and confusing a statement with a positive opinion. Not really sure what this conversation is even about.

some interesting comments from other fans about us in the Swansea v United thread on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3iyywz/post_match_thread_swansea_city_2_1_manchester/

I don't think there is a long term shift in the power balance of the PL.  What I do think is the league is in a transitional period.  This is exciting because odd things can happen during them, such as the period where Liverpool lost their status as 'hegemonic power' for want of a better expression and before Manchester United cemented themselves as top dogs.  During that period we had Leeds win the old First Division, Blackburn win the PL and Newcastle go close.

The decline of Liverpool, Man U and maybe Chelsea this season could see an ambitious club steal in and do something miraculous.  It's hard to see anyone beating Man City to the title but what's the chance of a Champions League place being taken by someone other than the usual suspects?

Before I get too excited by this, I think Leicester have a bit more to prove than some of the other candidates.  If I was a betting man, I would back Swansea, or Southampton if they get over their terrible start.  They have been not too far behind for a season or two.

As I've said before he's like a down-to-earth Tim Sherwood.

[–]Tottenham Hotspurtopper93 477 points 6 hours ago

So... nothing like Tim Sherwood?

lol lol

Surprised the Tottenham fans don't like sherwood, wasn't he supposed to be the super saviour for them a couple of seasons back