Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Unsure if posted elsewhere, the mail on our transfers:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220155/Jamie-Vardy-Riyad-Mahrez-Shinji-Okazaki-Leicester-City-Premier-League-s-BARGAIN-HUNTERS.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

bit more complimentary than Merson:

"Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and Shinji Okazaki... How Leicester City became the Premier League's top BARGAIN HUNTERS"

Good article that. I wonder who the other two targets were that we were scouting when looking at Mahrez?

Interested to know who the 2 players who turned into internationals who we scouted were.

Pretty sure one of them was Matthew Leckie.

That's a bloody good article as well. Well researched and nicely written. Our scouting is under-rated. You look how many clubs in this country just cannot wait to chuck millions at the obvious names and act so shocked when they sometimes don't work out. Our hit to miss ratio is phenomenal. We need to retain it no matter what going forward because I'm convinced it's the main reason we are where we are now.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Pretty sure one of them was Matthew Leckie.

That's a bloody good article as well. Well researched and nicely written. Our scouting is under-rated. You look how many clubs in this country just cannot wait to chuck millions at the obvious names and act so shocked when they sometimes don't work out. Our hit to miss ratio is phenomenal. We need to retain it no matter what going forward because I'm convinced it's the main reason we are where we are now.

Definitely. Even players that have gone in recent times have been good bits of business like Knockaert and Wood.

As long as Steve Walsh remains here we are in good hands.

Good article that. I wonder who the other two targets were that we were scouting when looking at Mahrez?

There was a thread on here at the time, in a back room photo you could see the scouting papers comparing Mahrez to a few others.

To think that guy was actually a referee....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any footballer has ever been killed or even knocked out by a football? 

Edit.. the only thing i can find is this but he's not even knocked out! just painful ball in the face  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1034260/Football-funny-Ukrainian-keeper-knocks-player-ball.html

i seem to remember watching a Newcastle(?) player get flattened right in front of me......i cant remember exactly when it was, but Christ it was funny....and then suddenly got very worrying indeed...before thankfully returning to hysterically funny. Anybody remember this?

i seem to remember watching a Newcastle(?) player get flattened right in front of me......i cant remember exactly when it was, but Christ it was funny....and then suddenly got very worrying indeed...before thankfully returning to hysterically funny. Anybody remember this?

Would have been Olivier Bernard. Laurent Robert smashed a clearance and he was stood a few yards away. Smacked Bernard plumb in the face and after a stumble fell on his back.

http://youtu.be/LltnTI7MzIM

Edited by Facecloth

Unsure if posted elsewhere, the mail on our transfers:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220155/Jamie-Vardy-Riyad-Mahrez-Shinji-Okazaki-Leicester-City-Premier-League-s-BARGAIN-HUNTERS.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

bit more complimentary than Merson:

"Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and Shinji Okazaki... How Leicester City became the Premier League's top BARGAIN HUNTERS"

It's a really really good article, slightly spoilt by this:

‘That deal was a calculated risk that paid off but could have been a disaster,' said a source. 'Fans on social media got to him and he needed to be boosted up. The fee now looks cheap now because he’s been brilliant.’

That 'source' could be any one of us! Do me a favour.........

It's a really really good article, slightly spoilt by this:

‘That deal was a calculated risk that paid off but could have been a disaster,' said a source. 'Fans on social media got to him and he needed to be boosted up. The fee now looks cheap now because he’s been brilliant.’

That 'source' could be any one of us! Do me a favour.........

There was a lot of talk roughly a year into his spell here (iirc) about Nigel having to convince him to stick with it and ignore the twatterheads.  It's unfortunately a thing that happened and will continue to happen as long as the pond life constituents of our fanbase retain opposable thumbs and an internet connection.

It was common knowledge that we were after Kante when NP was still here. 

Benalouane and Inler have Ranieri plastered all over them and thus far, neither have been convincing.

Thus far neither have started in the Premier League yet?

Give them both a chance when you see them start a full 90 minutes in the premier league playing in their proper positions.

Playing the likes of Bury in the mickey mouse cup doesn't really count and bit part performances coming on in the last twenty minutes don't count either?

One would suggest captaining your country and playing for some big clubs in Italy in the top league doesn't make one shit.

• Like 1