Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Than trying to play the ball and playing fair.

I have no passion for the 'leave one on him' type of football as I think it's cowardly. It causes serious injuries and ends careers for the sake of a better chance of 3 measly points.

So I don't have sympathy or wish well on those that do it, when they get injuries.

Get my drift?

Well said.  :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wETGAh6pK8c

'Huth could have killed him' - looool

These guys are idiots.

Comparing a cricket ball to the back of the head to a football. Ridiculous. 

I am surprised we don't have more people locked up if you can be arrested on the street for kicking a ball at someone. 5 a-side wouldn't exist, it would have to be banned.

Sorry if this has been posted before but listening to talksport this afternoon for transfer day deals and all you get from H&J is anti Leicester this west ham are superior beat Liverpool and arsenal but heavens to think they lost to Leicester and Bournemouth !!

Had to turn the radio off total Tw@s !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wETGAh6pK8c

'Huth could have killed him' - looool

When talking about the Vardy pen shout at the very end he says "Oh yeah, you could do".

What do you mean could? It's either a penalty or not, There should be absolutely no room for doubt. It's a yes or no and in that situation it's a yes.

What a spanner.

When talking about the Vardy pen shout at the very end he says "Oh yeah, you could do".

What do you mean could? It's either a penalty or not, There should be absolutely no room for doubt. It's a yes or no and in that situation it's a yes.

What a spanner.

Halsey is a complete and utter tw@ to compare a hard small cricket ball hitting a 'certain area on the head' and killing a cricketer to a large surface area football hitting the side of a players head which looking at it wasn't that ferocious would have probably just given him a headache and trying to get the premier league to retrospectively ban huth !!

What a TW@ !!

Edited by justfoxes

Halsey is a complete and utter tw@ to compare a hard small cricket ball hitting a 'certain are on the head' and killing a cricketer to a large surface area football hitting the side of a players head which looking at it wasn't that ferocious would have probably just gave him a headache and trying to get the premier league to retrospectively ban huth !!

What a TW@ !!

Yep - If a modern football hitting your head can kill, I suppose we better ban headers - balls not allowed to go above chest height or someone could die  :rolleyes:

Edited by The Doctor

Halsey is a complete and utter tw@ to compare a hard small cricket ball hitting a 'certain area on the head' and killing a cricketer to a large surface area football hitting the side of a players head which looking at it wasn't that ferocious would have probably just given him a headache and trying to get the premier league to retrospectively ban huth !!

What a TW@ !!

I didn't think he could get banned if the ref says he seen it, which I'm sure he did as he was right on top of it if I remember right.

Couldn't believe Huth didn't see red there. The bundle and kicking the ball towards Wilsons head could have been a couple of yellows and Affelay got a red for less of a slap than he gave Mings haha.

Love the man and think he is a great defender but he has a very short fuse at times. Makes Was look like a kindly uncle.

Than trying to play the ball and playing fair.

I have no passion for the 'leave one on him' type of football as I think it's cowardly. It causes serious injuries and ends careers for the sake of a better chance of 3 measly points.

So I don't have sympathy or wish well on those that do it, when they get injuries.

Get my drift?

Bang on.

Merson grading each team's transfer business - we get a B-.

Players in: Shinji Okazaki (Mainz), Yohan Benalouane (Atalanta), N'Golo Kante (Caen), Gokhan Inler (Napoli), Robert Huth (Stoke), Christian Fuchs (Schalke), Nathan Dyer (Swansea, Loan)

Players out: David Nugent (Middlesbrough), Chris Wood (Leeds), Paul Konchesky (QPR, Loan), Paul Gallagher (Preston), Matthew Upson (MK Dons), Tom Hopper (Scunthorpe), Adam Smith (Northampton), Kieran Kennedy (Motherwell), Esteban Cambiasso (Olympiakos), Ben Hamer (Bristol City, Loan), Ryan Watson (Northampton, Loan), Jacob Blyth (Cambridge, Loan)

MERSE SAYS: Shinji Okazaki is a good player and I like Robert Huth as well. I'll give them a B- because they haven't managed to bring in a load and they've had to rely on the players that kept them up last season. I don't think it's been an outstanding window for them.

Merson grading each team's transfer business - we get a B-.

Players in: Shinji Okazaki (Mainz), Yohan Benalouane (Atalanta), N'Golo Kante (Caen), Gokhan Inler (Napoli), Robert Huth (Stoke), Christian Fuchs (Schalke), Nathan Dyer (Swansea, Loan)

Players out: David Nugent (Middlesbrough), Chris Wood (Leeds), Paul Konchesky (QPR, Loan), Paul Gallagher (Preston), Matthew Upson (MK Dons), Tom Hopper (Scunthorpe), Adam Smith (Northampton), Kieran Kennedy (Motherwell), Esteban Cambiasso (Olympiakos), Ben Hamer (Bristol City, Loan), Ryan Watson (Northampton, Loan), Jacob Blyth (Cambridge, Loan)

MERSE SAYS: Shinji Okazaki is a good player and I like Robert Huth as well. I'll give them a B- because they haven't managed to bring in a load and they've had to rely on the players that kept them up last season. I don't think it's been an outstanding window for them.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9975608/paul-mersons-transfer-window-grades-premier-league-business-rated?

I think you can only appreciate how bad his marking was when you see how he scored other teams. The highlights for me were:

• Aston Villa - A... they've bought Joleon Lescott (flop), Micha Richards (question marks over fitness and general ability) and Gestede (unproven at this level) whilst selling many of their best players.
  • Arsenal - B...they haven't bought one outfield player - the only team in the top five European leagues not to do so. 
  • Man U - B-...I think it's fair to say they've spent outrageous amounts on unproven players when the teams around them have spent far wiser. 
  • Sunderland - B-...They're going to struggle. End of.

Some of his justifications are hilarious too, "I'm going to give [West Brom] a B because Jonny Evans has played for a big club"

Paul Merson was on sky sports criticising teams yesterday for bringing in to many players.

He said the teams who have done the best buisness are the one's who have signed 4 or 5 players. They've identified where they need players and instead of buying loads they have bought positions they need.