Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not sure what your point is. The article stated Benalouane was a Ranieri signing (the article was well researched and he had clearly spoken to some people at the club).

Are you suggesting the Kante deal wasn't already in the pipeline when Pearson was here or something? Because it was. How much of the credit Pearson takes for the signings is debatable, but he employed Walsh to put that team together. So he certainly gets some credit and shall continue to do so whilst the team he left behind is still here.

That's not the impression I got. It seemed like a compilation of previous articles and easy guesses to me. Still an interesting article though.

That's not the impression I got. It seemed like a compilation of previous articles and easy guesses to me. Still an interesting article though.

I thought that at first but there were a few little bits in there that made me think he'd spoken to someone.

Not sure what your point is. The article stated Benalouane was a Ranieri signing (the article was well researched and he had clearly spoken to some people at the club).

Are you suggesting the Kante deal wasn't already in the pipeline when Pearson was here or something? Because it was. How much of the credit Pearson takes for the signings is debatable, but he employed Walsh to put that team together. So he certainly gets some credit and shall continue to do so whilst the team he left behind is still here.

Im not disputing that Benalouane was a Ranieri signing, my point was that clearly that is not his only signing since arriving.

And yes I can read too....that doesnt make everything I read factual though does it?!!...and I was clearly asking the previous poster a question.

Not sure why you felt you needed to jump in?!...nothing better to do?

Pretty sure one of them was Matthew Leckie.

That's a bloody good article as well. Well researched and nicely written. Our scouting is under-rated. You look how many clubs in this country just cannot wait to chuck millions at the obvious names and act so shocked when they sometimes don't work out. Our hit to miss ratio is phenomenal. We need to retain it no matter what going forward because I'm convinced it's the main reason we are where we are now.

The writer is the fella I know through a friend. He got Vardy for England before most. He's also the guy who says Gray is better than Grealish which most people laughed me out on.

Does all of the Midlands, so it's good to read that as he sees inside most clubs in the region and how they work.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

and I was clearly asking the previous poster a question.

Not sure why you felt you needed to jump in?!...nothing better to do?

Firstly if you don't want others to reply, send a PM. Secondly, the last point you made didn't quote anyone. It was broadly aimed at FT and phrased like you have a problem with the viewpoint that Ranieri may have signed Benalouane (as stated in the article) and Pearson's team signed Kante.

Im not disputing that Benalouane was a Ranieri signing, my point was that clearly that is not his only signing since arriving.

You seem to be missing the point. Whilst other players may have been signed whilst he was here. There is a difference between the manager choosing said player and the scouting team choosing the player. Kante was scouted and bid on before Pearson left I think, certainly well before Ranieri ever arrived. So whilst Ranieri may have been manager, it's clear it was down to the scouting team in that instance.

The writer is the fella I know through a friend. He got Vardy for England before most. He's also the guy who says Gray is better than Grealish which most people laughed me out on.

Does all of the Midlands, so it's good to read that as he sees inside most clubs in the region and how they work.

Any idea who the other player we wanted is when we signed Mahrez? Leckie was rumoured and he fits the bill of a 2.Bundesliga club. I'm intrigued by who the other was.

Firstly if you don't want others to reply, send a PM. Secondly, the last point you made didn't quote anyone. It was broadly aimed at FT and phrased like you have a problem with the viewpoint that Ranieri may have signed Benalouane (as stated in the article) and Pearson's team signed Kante.

You seem to be missing the point. Whilst other players may have been signed whilst he was here. There is a difference between the manager choosing said player and the scouting team choosing the player. Kante was scouted and bid on before Pearson left I think, certainly well before Ranieri ever arrived. So whilst Ranieri may have been manager, it's clear it was down to the scouting team in that instance.

My point still stands unless Ranieri didnt sign Inler and Dyer either?

It was common knowledge that we were after Kante when NP was still here.

Benalouane and Inler have Ranieri plastered all over them and thus far, neither have been convincing.

Yeah in the one game and 10 minutes Inler has played for us I'm sure you've really managed to get a grasp of whether he's convincing you he'll be a good signing. How about letting players actually get some game time before writing off their City career.

Yeah in the one game and 10 minutes Inler has played for us I'm sure you've really managed to get a grasp of whether he's convincing you he'll be a good signing. How about letting players actually get some game time before writing off their City career.

Yeah but Pearson didn't sign them so why would we give them time to prove themselves?

It was common knowledge that we were after Kante when NP was still here. 

Benalouane and Inler have Ranieri plastered all over them and thus far, neither have been convincing.

You do realize the club usually scouts a player for more than just four weeks?

They knew they had to find somebody to replace Cambiasso - and that was (way) before the new manager was announced.

As for the "unconvincing" - do you actually follow our games in real life or do you just pretend to be a supporter? How do you manage to judge a player based on ten minutes on the pitch is beyond me.

You do realize the club usually scouts a player for more than just four weeks?

They knew they had to find somebody to replace Cambiasso - and that was (way) before the new manager was announced.

As for the "unconvincing" - do you actually follow our games in real life or do you just pretend to be a supporter? How do you manage to judge a player based on ten minutes on the pitch is beyond me.

Still giving it the big one I see. 

Benalouane was a Ranieri signing and that is a fact, that is stated. 

Inler, possibly not, however Ranieri certainly strongly expressed his interests in a manner that suggested that it was himself that pushed for the signing.

And yes, of course, I've been to every game home and away this season pretending to be a supporter you knob. My thoughts were based on Inler having an absolute shocker against a League One club and Benalouane looking overly aggressive and rash in two substitute appearances at West Ham and home to Sunderland in which he picked up yellow cards in both. I'm not writing them off - just stating that neither have impressed near as much as Kante has in his equally short cameos. 

So jog on.

Still giving it the big one I see. 

Benalouane was a Ranieri signing and that is a fact, that is stated. 

Inler, possibly not, however Ranieri certainly strongly expressed his interests in a manner that suggested that it was himself that pushed for the signing.

And yes, of course, I've been to every game home and away this season pretending to be a supporter you knob. My thoughts were based on Inler having an absolute shocker against a League One club and Benalouane looking overly aggressive and rash in two substitute appearances at West Ham and home to Sunderland in which he picked up yellow cards in both. I'm not writing them off - just stating that neither have impressed near as much as Kante has in his equally short cameos. 

So jog on.

It is a fact that Ranieri somewhat vouched for Inler and that he was in steady contact with the guy for weeks this summer. That doesn't mean the club hadn't been scouting for a Cambiasso replacement prior to Ranieri's arrival.

As for Benalouane, it depends on what you believe the media say. "Ranieri pushes Leicester to shop in Italy" is merely a headline, and I can't see why a manager would push for a calamity player like him at that price within his first week or two at a new club. Show me an article where Ranieri or a club representative admit that Benalouane was the manager's doing alone. You seriously think a manager can force a move through without the club taking a prolonged look at a player for weeks or months in advance?

Inler did not have an "absolute shocker" against Bury, although the second half was a lot less convincing than the first one. He looked rather tidy during his short cameo against Spurs and I hope we do get to see more of that for full games asap.

Oh, and as for the "knob": Still as immature as ever, I see... You and Grandad would make a lovely pair.

It don't take a rocket scientist to work out that our Italian manager is responsible for bringing in two players from Italy. I don't know why people are arguing against it lol

Because it is debatable. He may have final say on the signings (pushing the button, so to speak), but he is certainly not solely responsible for transfers.

The fine selection prior to that move is done by the club's scouts and management team - hardly unheard of in today's game.

My point still stands unless Ranieri didnt sign Inler and Dyer either?

I have no idea what your point is. Nobody was even discussing whether they were signed when he was manager or not, that's fairly obvious. The discussion has been about who picked the player. The scouting department, or just the manager.

There is no problem with it happening either way. I have no doubt at all that Pearson probably pointed out player he liked the look of, just as Ranieri will.

I have no idea what your point is. Nobody was even discussing whether they were signed when he was manager or not, that's fairly obvious. The discussion has been about who picked the player. The scouting department, or just the manager.

There is no problem with it happening either way. I have no doubt at all that Pearson probably pointed out player he liked the look of, just as Ranieri will.

You really are a difficult person.

Ill break it down....someone said Benalouane was Ranieris only signing and I dared to question this and point out that I thought he signed Inler Kante and Dyer too.

But as you kindly pointed out he had no input on the Kante deal so I was questioning who signed Inler and Dyer id Ranieri did not.....my original post was questioning someone else until you heroicly stepped in and tried (and probably succeeded in making me look a mug).

Thanks....can this possibly be the last word??