Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Christ, genuinely worried how long the point scoring between Ranieri and Pearson will continue

It's quite sad really.

Pearson did a great job and, so far, Ranieri is continuing from that very well.

Hence comparisons are quite bollocks really, considering we're rather flying at the moment.

Reading an article today from Four Four Two website it looks like we were heavily interested in Sofiane Boufal when he was at Angers. He's now at Lille and tearing it up, very similar to Mahrez. Looks like we know what we were looking for in those two.

Reading an article today from Four Four Two website it looks like we were heavily interested in Sofiane Boufal when he was at Angers. He's now at Lille and tearing it up, very similar to Mahrez. Looks like we know what we were looking for in those two.

Never seen him play but he's pretty highly spoken of at the mo

On the list Rob MacKenzie has taken with him to Tottenham by the looks of things.

I'm sure it's already been posted so delete if needed but I thought this was an interesting article. Obviously, it's been covered before but nice to see some recognition for our players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220155/Jamie-Vardy-Riyad-Mahrez-Shinji-Okazaki-Leicester-City-Premier-League-s-BARGAIN-HUNTERS.html

I'm sure it's already been posted so delete if needed but I thought this was an interesting article. Obviously, it's been covered before but nice to see some recognition for our players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220155/Jamie-Vardy-Riyad-Mahrez-Shinji-Okazaki-Leicester-City-Premier-League-s-BARGAIN-HUNTERS.html

Interesting that the piece makes it clear that Benalouane is a Ranieri signing and Ranieri's alone.

Edited by fleckneymike

This forum is definitely on the edge of explosion. The Bournemouth match thread, the flag thread and now this discussion about a positive newspaper article have all carried serious anti-club, anti-ranieri undertones. This place will go bonkers when we lose a game. It's laughable.

Edited by Frank to be

This forum is definitely on the edge of explosion. The Bournemouth match thread, the flag thread and now this discussion about a positive newspaper article have all carried serious anti-club, anti-ranieri undertones. This place will go bonkers when we lose a game. It's laughable.

What if we draw from a winning position against villa!!! There will be blood everywhere!

we've been on a great run. Can't believe some would have forgotten his to lose with good grace. We had enough training last season?

I seem to be losing it, you read some of the threads on FT and.... Well.....

Is Pearson still our manager? I think some people think he is, some people hate him, some love him. I thought we had that ex-Chelsea manager in now.

Anyway, Vardy is playing for England tomorrow. There is surely consensus about that! I imagine everyone is 100% behind the lad and feel it's thoroughly deserved. Surely even the Foxestalk pundits will all unite behind Vardy? Won't they?

Edited by Weller in Tights

Well...all those negative media articles before the season started must've lodged in people's subconscious somewhere.  Much as people tried to remain positive and wait an see despite the vitriol aimed mainly at Ranieri, it was hard to not be a little anxious about how the season pans out.

So when we eventually do lose, or go on a bad run, all these thoughts implanted by the media will resurface, the noisy positive atmosphere at games will be replaced with something malignant, and instead of encouraging the players to play freely and with confidence, we will instead engender a lack of confidence and a fear in the player's games.

I would suggest this is a self-fulfilling prophesy, however it was instead implanted by the media.  And if this does indeed happen, then they can claim they were right about Ranieri all along.

Well...all those negative media articles before the season started must've lodged in people's subconscious somewhere. Much as people tried to remain positive and wait an see despite the vitriol aimed mainly at Ranieri, it was hard to not be a little anxious about how the season pans out.

So when we eventually do lose, or go on a bad run, all these thoughts implanted by the media will resurface, the noisy positive atmosphere at games will be replaced with something malignant, and instead of encouraging the players to play freely and with confidence, we will instead engender a lack of confidence and a fear in the player's games.

I would suggest this is a self-fulfilling prophesy, however it was instead implanted by the media. And if this does indeed happen, then they can claim they were right about Ranieri all along.

I think it runs a bit deeper than just the media articles though. I think there is still a lot of pent up frustration over the Pearson sacking waiting for an out. I can genuinely see calls for the owners to leave should we lose three or four games in quick succession. I just live in hope that the fans who post on here are particularly negative about the situation rather than representative of the norm.

• Like 1

Interesting that the piece makes it clear that Benalouane is a Ranieri signing and Ranieri's alone.

It actually says primarily which is not quite the same as his alone.

I don't see it as a bad thing. Wasn't it Ranieri that bought Makele and Lampard to Chelsea. Gave Terry his debut when he had two World Cup winners at centre back, and gave Martial his debut for Monaco? Perhaps he knows how to spot a gem too?

Pearson's a cult and it's all going to end in a shootout.

At least i'd be able to get a ticket and the plastics will be gone. There would be no west standers left.