Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Does anyone care about Forest? Over the last 20 years we have been the bigger club, followed by Derby and then Forest. Historically they have won more than us but in the current moment we are bigger. That's all that matters.

I still care and always look out for Forests results in the hope they get battered every week. But in all my 35 years watching City I can't remember the 'gap' being so wide between us in our favour. We're just so much bigger and better than them in so many ways at the moment. They'll always be able to say they were twice European champions but it's becoming a distant memory. They're a shell of the club they used to be. Great innit! lol

Does anyone care about Forest? Over the last 20 years we have been the bigger club, followed by Derby and then Forest. Historically they have won more than us but in the current moment we are bigger. That's all that matters.

I don't.

My reaction to finding out someone's a Forest fan is usually, "Oh. You're having a but of a shit time, aren't you? You're owner's absolutely batshit crazy, isn't he?"

Most Forest fans reaction when I tell them I'm a Leicester fan, "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! ONLY FOREST AND DERBY! DID I MENTION THAT WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU?"

• Like 2

Most Forest fans reaction when I tell them I'm a Leicester fan, "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! ONLY FOREST AND DERBY! DID I MENTION THAT WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU?"

lol  lol  lol

I get a few bites from Derby and Forest fans on twitter from time to time. Always fun.

It is quite ironic that they've droned on about us not being big enough for a rivalry, only to see us outgrow the rivalry! lol

It'll be like the Potteries derby in a couple of years with the rate both clubs are going.

Edited by Bilo

Pretty sure that person was only saying at the start of that season you'd have not put leicester and forest too far apart, which is true considering we only beat them into the playoffs on the last day of the season that year. And I can't remember feeling THAT confident going into the next season.

AND it looked like he was praising our team ethic and attitude when playing Bury that we still went for it and didn't just turn up to make up the numbers like we have done in the last few seasons in the league cup.

Why are we all smashing this person for saying he's jealous of us when a few years ago we were pretty equal and now, as it appears to me, he's saying we're miles apart.

Sticking up for a Forest fan... Dunno what's come over me.

LEICESTER CITY – DEFYING THE ODDS

As is the case with many newly promoted teams, Leicester City automatically expected to be sent straight back into the second tier of English football after their promotion to the Premier League. This definitely applies for a number of sides who find that not only the intensity of the football is too much to live with, but the strain on finances, necessary recruitment, and increased scrutiny from the media leads to a number of teams failing to establish themselves in the top flight.

Something that is proving to be an advantage for Leicester is that they certainly have a reputation for survival and resilience based on their past. In October 2002, The Foxes entered administration and it was only the intervention of a Gary Lineker-led consortium in 2003 that saved the club from liquidation. In 2009, the Midlands outfit were playing in League One and just 5 years later, they were a Premier League side. It is safe to say that Leicester City have a bit of a tendency for defying the odds.

When The Foxes first entered the top flight after a lengthy stay in the lower divisions, they were not exactly pulling up any trees with their signings. They saw the additions of many Championship players as an astute tactic. Their most notable acquisition was Leonardo Ulloa from Brighton for £8 million – a club record fee at that time. This value was seen as quite a steep price tag for a player that had only achieved one noteworthy season in English football. As it turned out, the Argentine hitman would contribute a very useful 11 league goals in Leicester’s initial return season to the Premier League, including a memorable brace against Manchester United. The Foxes also expanded their transfers outside of English football, signing the talismanic Esteban Cambiasso and also Andrej Kramaric.

Leicester City limped through the majority of the season and Nigel Pearson found himself sacked for a couple of hours before his belated reinstatement. This clearly had an effect on the former Hull City boss as he attempted to strangle James McArthur in his technical area in one of the more bizarre moments of last season. However, despite all of the numerous issues on and off the pitch, Leicester survived, and with relative ease come the final match of the season. If you offered 17th to any newly promoted sides, they would surely bite your hand off, let alone the proposition of 14thposition that Leicester eventually achieved.

Despite this miraculous turnaround and once again defying all the odds, Pearson was sacked during the first summer after The Foxes’ return to the Premier League. He was replaced by Claudio Ranieri who has become something of a ‘journey-man’ manager since his tenure at Chelsea, including time at Valencia, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Monaco, and even the Greek national team. There was a great deal of worry when Ranieri was appointed considering that none of his roles after Chelsea had lasted over two years. This hardly seemed to suggest that he was the base upon which a stable foundation of Premier League establishment could be built.

It is widely thought that Leicester over-achieved last season, but despite this they still saw players move on. The most notable departure was perhaps Esteban Cambiasso who left after only one season in which he was an integral component to the goings on at The KP Stadium. However, The Foxes have once again invested heavily in experience and are wisely looking for players who can make an immediate impact. The signings of Gökhan Inler, Christian Fuchs, Robert Huth, Shinji Okazaki, N’Golo Kanté, and Yohan Benalouane indicate a willingness to spend and a belief that long term Premier League security is within reach. Although it is still very early days in the latest campaign, it is fair to say that Leicester City have started very well under Claudio Ranieri. If you combine the fantastic run under Pearson last season and their start to 2015/16, they have mustered a very impressive 29 points from a possible 36.

It is hard to say exactly how Leicester will get on this season, as last term they provided the perfect example of how  your form for the majority of the campaign can have no representation on where a side will ultimately finish. It is easy to say however, that if Leicester City continue putting in the performances that they are at the moment, it will not be a question of merely survival, it will be a question of whether they can replicate the achievements of Southampton in quickly establishing themselves as a Premier League side to be feared. With this realistic potential outcome on the horizon, it is all the more surreal when you remember that they have been plying their trade in English football’s third tier not so long ago.

I actually enjoy the local derbies - I'd like Derby and Forest to join us in the Premier League. The Midlands in general East and West hasn't had a really good team in years.

With the money in the Premier League I can't see Forest, Derby or Birmingham getting close to us unless they get promoted real soon. Stay up this season and with the bumper TV deal we could be signing £15-£20m players.

Over achieved? Anyone who watched us week in week out would say we under achieved surely.

The amount of key (luck?) moments and important referee decisions that went against us compared to the ones that went for us were insane.

Against:

-2 Liverpool penalties (the Morgan one ridiculous)

-3 times hitting the post vs Spurs on boxing day

-Kramaric denied stonewall penalties in 1 nil losses vs Stoke and Man City

-Unlucky own goals from Upson (Everton), Huth (Spurs) and Morgan (WBA)

-Offside van Persie goal vs Man Utd away

-Konchesky wrongly sent off vs Villa

-Huth and James first 20mins injuries vs Chelsea

For:

-Vardy 'outmuscling' Rafael vs Man Utd

-Lucky 1-0 win vs Hull

-Burnley away missed penalty

I know that comes across as bias, but we could have finished 9th/10th and been deserving of it.

Yes some of our performances in the middle part of the season were dire, but there were also some close games where the result hinged on one small moment.

Being even more pedantic, Kane's second against us was a Huth own goal as his shot was going wide.

Maybe, but that was awarded to Kane in the end wasn't it. The only OG recorded in that game was Schlupp.

Sorry to be picky, but it was Schlupp against Spurs and Cambiasso against WBA.

Yea I was thinking of the low Kane shot which hit Huth and looped about 20 foot in the air and over Kasper. Forgot about the Schluup one.

I could have swore Morgan scored the OG at home to WBA. On the subject of Cambiasso though, he also missed a couple of open goals throughout the season!

Yea I was thinking of the low Kane shot which hit Huth and looped about 20 foot in the air and over Kasper. Forgot about the Schluup one.

I could have swore Morgan scored the OG at home to WBA. On the subject of Cambiasso though, he also missed a couple of open goals throughout the season!

Doubly unlucky v Spurs really.

Morgan headed the ball against Cambiasso v WBA.