Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yarde reminds me of Nigel Benn in his pomp

Ya the comparison is very very good 

Frank warren has a potential superstar 

hobbs corner are IDIOTs !!! 

@Izzy Muzzett he can go all the way 

think he has had only a small number of amateur fights 

and his natural tallent is awesome

i think he will be a world champ if he continues to progress like he has been  

i have used used up my daily quota of posts :( 

Edited by GaelicFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

So much about this fight shows that's Floyd is not looking after this kid right 

1) weight 

2) no local acclimation work ... he was Jet lagged still 

3) the fight is in the U.K. Because floyd and Haymen wouldn't back the kid financial at purse bids 

they must think this kid is very very special OR they just aren't ready to sculpt prodigious talent 

I think the kid is 3 or 4 levels above Walsh who is really a British level or Euro level fighter 

BUT walsh will die with his shield in hand , so he will test the kid for sure 

They think he's special that's pretty much it. We will see if he's right, I agree natural talent there's no question but seems they're expecting an easy win tonight will be interesting to see if they get it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Ya the comparison is very very good 

Frank warren has a potential superstar 

How far do you think he can go mate?

He looks the real deal to me. Confident, brash, smiling his way along :D And what power - fvck me

Reminds me of Benn in his early days because he just knows he's going to win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He looks the real deal to me. Confident, brash, smiling his way along :D And what power - fvck me

Terrible level he's fighting at.

when someone holds and retains a Lonsdale with ease its time to ask those questions.

"I could of took him out in the first round if I wanted to. But I wanted a few rounds to get used to the atmosphere and boxing in front of this many people"

:D Loving that from Yarde...

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

****ing hell thats a jump in class lol I'll let you know July 9th

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

****ing hell thats a jump in class lol I'll let you know July 9th

lol Did Warren say he'd be fighting for the WBO European belt on July 8th? I'm not sure I heard him right!!

Edit. Yep, just seen BT confirm it :thumbup:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol Did Warren say he'd be fighting for the WBO European belt on July 8th? I'm not sure I heard him right!!

Edit. Yep, just seen BT confirm it :thumbup:

Somehow gone from fighting for a area title to European level, I know lads that have fought people that have fought for the Midland belt ffs lol.

• Like 1

Great night had, awesome to see Davis up close, his speed even shocked me, just awesome to see and made for a nice quiet journey home lol 

Impressed with what BT and Warren are trying to do and it did feel that more people were actually attending to view the boxing rather than those who splash out on a ticket to just get hammered on watered down beer and spend the night singing kolo/yaya whilst trying to scrap with anything that moves.

Only just seeing this from overnight....wtf was this all about?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Great night had, awesome to see Davis up close, his speed even shocked me, just awesome to see and made for a nice quiet journey home lol 

Impressed with what BT and Warren are trying to do and it did feel that more people were actually attending to view the boxing rather than those who splash out on a ticket to just get hammered on watered down beer and spend the night singing kolo/yaya whilst trying to scrap with anything that moves.

Only just seeing this from overnight....wtf was this all about?

I've just finished  reading an article on it apparently it's because Uzcategui was dq for landing after the bell ( who gets dq for that btw lol) so you know, any good trainer is going to lamp him. lol 

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:19, Manwell Pablo said:

I've just finished  reading an article on it apparently it's because Uzcategui was dq for landing after the bell ( who gets dq for that btw lol) so you know, any good trainer is going to lamp him. lol 

They are suggesting Dirrel intentionally stayed down from the knockdown in order to get Uzcategui disqualified. Then the trainer (Dirrells uncle) goes and clocks Uzcategui. Shocking

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

They are suggesting Dirrel intentionally stayed down from the knockdown in order to get Uzcategui disqualified. Then the trainer (Dirrells uncle) goes and clocks Uzcategui. Shocking

You can hear his corner telling him to stay down. Initially he seems ok but then you hear his corner telling him to stay down and suddenly he rolls over onto his back and is checked by the doctors.

By all accounts Uzcategui was warned in a previous round about punching after the bill. He was DQ'd for punching after the bell whilst in mid-flow. Bit harsh but what Dirrels uncle did was shocking and inexcusable. Not surprising there's a warrant our for his arrest.

Anyone got any nailed on predictions for the weekend cuz I'm at a loss lol 

Spence can bang and Is a very astute boxer but kells quick can hit himself and has a sound chin....bookies make spence faviourate though if I'm reading odds correctly 

45 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Anyone got any nailed on predictions for the weekend cuz I'm at a loss lol 

Spence can bang and Is a very astute boxer but kells quick can hit himself and has a sound chin....bookies make spence faviourate though if I'm reading odds correctly 

I've got a horrible feeling brook gonna loose this, hope to god he don't, the weight coming down wise, might just be his downfall, but would not be at all surprise if brook won, either way a close one to call, and I rekon groves will secure his first world title as well 

5 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

I've got a horrible feeling brook gonna loose this, hope to god he don't, the weight coming down wise, might just be his downfall, but would not be at all surprise if brook won, either way a close one to call, and I rekon groves will secure his first world title as well 

I think groves will win. Does deserve a world title.

Only way spence wins is if brooks drained and weakened from the weight loss in the later rounds, uncle Eddie will fix the scorecards for points.

I do rate spence but brooks got a solid chin and great variety in his punches.