Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Wilder announcing he's agreed a rematch with Ortiz during AJ's fight week. Obviously game playing to throw AJ off mentally because I genuinely believe he thought he would be fighting Wilder after Ruiz but instead he's going to be left with either inactivity or another underwhelming opponent which will put a bit of pressure on him.

Eddie will have to give Whyte a good deal now.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Wilder announcing he's agreed a rematch with Ortiz during AJ's fight week. Obviously game playing to throw AJ off mentally because I genuinely believe he thought he would be fighting Wilder after Ruiz but instead he's going to be left with either inactivity or another underwhelming opponent which will put a bit of pressure on him.

Eddie will have to give Whyte a good deal now.

AJ V FURY, around december?  ? 

Just now, lestajigs said:

AJ V FURY, around december?  ? 

Can't see Hearn and Warren working out a deal on the finances for that one - both of them believe they have the HW number 1 and neither would want to budge on any PPV percentages. Also both are signed to different channels in the US which makes it even more complicated.

On top of that I believe Fury is looking to cash out - he had his big fight against Wilder, immediately turned down the rematch and signed a mega money deal and now he'll be fighting nobodies for as long as he can con the public into thinking they are PPV fights. The fight with Wilder was a tactical profile builder even if he lost Fury would still have won in a financial sense and the fact it ended in a controversial split decision helps Fury as it will always have people talking.

27 minutes ago, Dames said:

Can't see Hearn and Warren working out a deal on the finances for that one - both of them believe they have the HW number 1 and neither would want to budge on any PPV percentages. Also both are signed to different channels in the US which makes it even more complicated.

On top of that I believe Fury is looking to cash out - he had his big fight against Wilder, immediately turned down the rematch and signed a mega money deal and now he'll be fighting nobodies for as long as he can con the public into thinking they are PPV fights. The fight with Wilder was a tactical profile builder even if he lost Fury would still have won in a financial sense and the fact it ended in a controversial split decision helps Fury as it will always have people talking.

This is pretty much spot on, I don't think we'll get Fury Wilder 2 unless they're 40 odd, I think Fury knows deep down he cant beat Wilder

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

This is pretty much spot on, I don't think we'll get Fury Wilder 2 unless they're 40 odd, I think Fury knows deep down he cant beat Wilder

Really??? He has already beat him once, you can win a boxing match, without knocking the opponent out!!! 

Just now, lestajigs said:

Oh come clever cloggs ffs 

Mate he drew and let's be fair if he took the same hits in a rematch I doubt he's getting back up, he was lucky to make the distance in the end and he probably realises that. But the match has helped him get some cred in America and he'll have a good little gravy train for a few years now. Realistically, Fury's the one with the least to prove as well after schooling Wlad, there's no real reason now for him to risk an L unless he fancies a Joshua fight which would be good money here

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Mate he drew and let's be fair if he took the same hits in a rematch I doubt he's getting back up, he was lucky to make the distance in the end and he probably realises that. But the match has helped him get some cred in America and he'll have a good little gravy train for a few years now. Realistically, Fury's the one with the least to prove as well after schooling Wlad, there's no real reason now for him to risk an L unless he fancies a Joshua fight which would be good money here

You honestly think fury will finish his career without another title fight?

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I didn't say that, but I can't see it for a couple of years. 

Can AJ afford to fight another bum in his next fight? I think he will start to lose appeal if he does. Wilder won’t get done now, so unless he try’s for fury or whyte he will start to look like he is running.

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Can AJ afford to fight another bum in his next fight? I think he will start to lose appeal if he does. Wilder won’t get done now, so unless he try’s for fury or whyte he will start to look like he is running.

I think he's already beginning to lose appeal, like how long have we talked about these fights taking place? Whether it's completely on Hearn or not, it has made him just look like a bum dosser champion at end of the day. I am confused why they haven't just done the Whyte rematch if they're that worried, Whyte's definitely improved as a fighter but you'd expect Joshua to batter him, Joshua Wilder seems to be the most likely to me because Wilder seems to be biting at the teeth to get a big name in his prime on his record and Joshua has now started to emerge in the US

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

16 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think he's already beginning to lose appeal, like how long have we talked about these fights taking place? Whether it's completely on Hearn or not, it has made him just look like a bum dosser champion at end of the day. I am confused why they haven't just done the Whyte rematch if they're that worried, Whyte's definitely improved as a fighter but you'd expect Joshua to batter him, Joshua Wilder seems to be the most likely to me because Wilder seems to be biting at the teeth to get a big name in his prime on his record and Joshua has now started to emerge in the US

His figures this Saturday will be interesting as it's on at 4am, but not true of his UK fights. His figures for the Povetkin fight were up there with some of the commercially most successful  fights in PPV history in this country, and when you consider Joshua was heavily favored that's pretty impressive. 

The fact he isn't loosing appeal is actually one of the reasons we aren't getting the fights we want if you ask me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The fact he isn't loosing appeal is actually one of the reasons we aren't getting the fights we want if you ask me.

Milk it milk it milk it ......      BANG !! ....   $$$$$$$$$ !!!!!

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Milk it milk it milk it ......      BANG !! ....   $$$$$$$$$ !!!!!

Kind of and kind of not, depends on whose point of view you agree with.

In their defense they have made Wilder offers, Wilder has turned them down because he wants a 50-50 split. Joshua has three of the belts and will generate a larger proportion of the income, so their defense is why should we split it 50-50?

TBH it's all getting a little boring now and I personally am most interested in Dillan Whyte being made Wilders mandatory as surely that has to happen eventually given he's been ranked no.1 by the WBC since about 10 BC

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Kind of and kind of not, depends on whose point of view you agree with.

In their defense they have made Wilder offers, Wilder has turned them down because he wants a 50-50 split. Joshua has three of the belts and will generate a larger proportion of the income, so their defense is why should we split it 50-50?

Maybe ...   but I’m sure the Wilder/Joshua/Fury extravaganza will come about when the hype has reached fever pitch and the dollar signs are all aligned...     just wish they’d get on with it !!     And to me the offer, counter offer malarkey is all part of it to keep the pot boiling.

I rekon this it typical anti fury, just because he dosnt go and knock people out, the bloke has an absolute fantastic set of boxing skills, and for a heavy weight its nothing short then amazing, hoping he beats all in his way tbf 

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

You honestly think fury will finish his career without another title fight?

Unless it is for stupid stupid money then I can see him doing just that, he's gone and landed himself a big contract with ESPN he doesn't need to take dangerous fights for a good while. On top of that the 'big 3' are all signed to different promoters and networks in America none of them will want to take the hit financially, they all think they are the A side and will want the better deal.

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

I rekon this it typical anti fury, just because he dosnt go and knock people out, the bloke has an absolute fantastic set of boxing skills, and for a heavy weight its nothing short then amazing, hoping he beats all in his way tbf 

He's a great boxer but he's got pillow fists for a heavyweight and prone to lapses of concentration that could get him knocked out. He can beat anyone on points but even he knows he won't always get up from the shots like he took from Wilder.

Edited by Dames

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

His figures this Saturday will be interesting as it's on at 4am, but not true of his UK fights. His figures for the Povetkin fight were up there with some of the commercially most successful  fights in PPV history in this country, and when you consider Joshua was heavily favored that's pretty impressive. 

He's got a massive casual following but judging from social media even those casuals are starting to lose patience with the lack of genuine opposition. I personally think that they need to get the next opponent right or the tide will turn. Wilder has played a blinder with this announcement because Matchroom been trying to sell this as a profile builder for Wilder next and he's just gone and took a dump on all those plans.