Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

That is impressive I have to say. Not seen anyone do that to Breazeale with one shot. Even Joshua had to break him down.

Was encouraging to hear him talk pragmatically about the Joshua fight as well rather than the usual “He running scared” bull shit.

Inoue, scary, Feel for Donaire tbh ?. Would of loved it to be Burnett instead.

think Taylor’s gonna come up short against the imo rather special Regis prograis but it’s another great fight 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

14 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That is impressive I have to say. Not seen anyone do that to Breazeale with one shot. Even Joshua had to break him down.

I thought Breazale was poor and made a mistake. His hands dropped allowing Wilder to have effectively a free punch at his face. 

59 minutes ago, adam1 said:

I thought Breazale was poor and made a mistake. His hands dropped allowing Wilder to have effectively a free punch at his face. 

Think Wilder buzzed him before that and he wasn’t all there when he got hit.

He was disappointing. Needed to avoid getting hit early and open up wilder so he could use his own power but failed miserably.

Good night for British boxing on reflection Billy Joe and Josh Taylor’s both winning world titles.

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think Wilder buzzed him before that and he wasn’t all there when he got hit.

Think that was definitely clear when you look at the distance between them when Breazale tried to get Wilder onto the ropes before taking a wild swing and missing by miles.. the KO came straight after they were separated, he was all over the shop!

Saw it late last night. You can really see the motivation difference between the two fighters going in, there was only one winner between a tall frame of lean, packed & coiled quick fire muscles against the shy big fat slow wobbly sack of potatoes. Boxing really has too many of these burnt out bloated cadavers ready to receive brain damage for the right price. Get more quality fighters and get them fighting eachother more often, like a League of ten of the top blokes going for it a year, half a dozen big fights a year in each weight class possibly in a League system.

It's so weird how the whole system works, or more like the series of boxing authorities work together. I understand boxers can't all fight 3x a year but it's surely not a money issue nor would it deminish the profile of boxing.

43 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Saw it late last night. You can really see the motivation difference between the two fighters going in, there was only one winner between a tall frame of lean, packed & coiled quick fire muscles against the shy big fat slow wobbly sack of potatoes. Boxing really has too many of these burnt out bloated cadavers ready to receive brain damage for the right price. Get more quality fighters and get them fighting eachother more often, like a League of ten of the top blokes going for it a year, half a dozen big fights a year in each weight class possibly in a League system.

It's so weird how the whole system works, or more like the series of boxing authorities work together. I understand boxers can't all fight 3x a year but it's surely not a money issue nor would it deminish the profile of boxing.

The “shy big fat sack of potatoes” would probably be in that top 10, he’s lost two world champions, outside of that he’s got 20 wins with 18 kos.

People just dont don’t seem to grasp you’ve got the big three, you’ve got whyte as the only genuine contender any of them are concerned about, then you’ve got the likes of breazele, Miller, Washington, chisora, etc. If they aren’t fighting each other they more than likely going to win comfortably.

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Was encouraging to hear him talk pragmatically about the Joshua fight as well rather than the usual “He running scared” bull shit.

Inoue, scary, Feel for Donaire tbh ?. Would of loved it to be Burnett instead.

think Taylor’s gonna come up short against the imo rather special Regis prograis but it’s another great fight 

I got the feeling last night from Wilder that he’s finally serious arguably because he’s more confident after smashing through Breazeale. Until that point he probably had some doubts about beating AJ. 

I agree with your comment about Donaire, if i was him i’d just forfeit. I think Burnett has moved up in weight to avoid a devastating KO from The Monster.

On 03/05/2019 at 11:54, Manwell Pablo said:

Was 5 minimum and I don't think he's ever done 7 figures for one fight.

Even the statement his team released was a load of contradictory tosh. "Hearn's low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract was sent"

So let me get this straight you turning down an offer that was never made because it's too low? Ok.

You fellas saw the contracts? Or just trust everything Eddie Hearn says?

2 minutes ago, shanetko said:

You fellas saw the contracts? Or just trust everything Eddie Hearn says?

What Miller was getting paid is quite public, they have no reason to offer Ortiz less, it would of been his biggest pay day, if they'd of halved it it'd still been his biggest pay day, and he aint getting any younger. Ortiz's team said there was no contract (although the offer was too low, in the contract that didn't exist)

As I said, guy the probably isn't going to take a Varda tested fight at short notice not enough time to get the PEDS out of his system. 

Just watched the full Naoya Inoue fight Mabs. Ridiculous human being. Nobody his size should be able to punch that hard. 

He's hitting tough guys, hard guys, some of the best professional athletes at what they do in the world, slapping them smash in the guts and they're dropping like flies. 

That's sickening. Felt queasy just watching that. Unit. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Complete mismatch wasn’t it.

Yeah it was, HF completely dominated with power and precision from the bell. I’m surprised he lasted until the 2nd round with that skill set.

I had no knowledge of the fight leading up, I just happened to see it as flicking through the channels. Norrad is no more than a pub fighter (I’d fancy my chances).

What's up with Hughie Fury's skin?

Always looks like it's covered in spots or blisters - or burn marks?

Quite gross really and can't imagine the ladies find it very attractive :ermm:

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

You're a bit judgy for a ginger. 

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You're a bit judgy for a ginger. 

Said the judgy Welshman :D

Just wondered what was up with his skin as it doesn’t look right.

P.S. I’m sick off telling everyone I’m more grey than ginger now FFS

Edited by Izzy

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

Yeah it was, HF completely dominated with power and precision from the bell. I’m surprised he lasted until the 2nd round with that skill set.

I had no knowledge of the fight leading up, I just happened to see it as flicking through the channels. Norrad is no more than a pub fighter (I’d fancy my chances).

I can see Hughie improving a lot. He’s beefed up some as he’s got older. 

Cant see him ever achieving what Tyson has though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

Apparently he has a rare form of acne. 

Sounds horrible..

https://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2017/0124/847465-hughie-fury-reveals-impact-of-acne-on-career/

On 26/05/2019 at 22:52, Finnegan said:

Just watched the full Naoya Inoue fight Mabs. Ridiculous human being. Nobody his size should be able to punch that hard. 

He's hitting tough guys, hard guys, some of the best professional athletes at what they do in the world, slapping them smash in the guts and they're dropping like flies. 

That's sickening. Felt queasy just watching that. Unit. 

Yeah he's something else. I Don't give Donaire much of a chance, I'd say Zolani Tete is the only guy in that weight division or possibly even the one above that can give him a problem but I'm not convinced he would, Burnett is a great boxer but I'm not sure he'd manage it either. Daniel Roman maybe he if he moves up, genuinely think he'd have to go up to featherweight before your talking more than 1 or 2 fighters being a decent match . Will be interesting where he decides to go after the WBSS.

17 hours ago, Izzy said:

Apparently he has a rare form of acne. 

Sounds horrible..

https://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2017/0124/847465-hughie-fury-reveals-impact-of-acne-on-career/

Yeah he's really struggled with it in the past, seems to have been less of a problem in recent years

• Like 1