Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

7 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I will be interested to see how Usyk progresses in this division. He could well end up holding all the belts in two years providing he adapts with the extra weight.

Mablo will possibly explain why I'm wrong in thorough detail, haha, but he looks like the most well rounded of the current crop of heavyweights. 

Wilder is all wild, thrashing power, Fury is all feet and evasion with feather fists, AJ is a hard punching adonis with extremely dubious defence, Dillian looks like a budget Wilder, though that might be a tad harsh. 

What I've seen of Usyk is only extended highlights of his last few fights and then the Bellew fight but he seems like a pretty well rounded package of everything you need to be a solid fighter? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Mablo will possibly explain why I'm wrong in thorough detail, haha, but he looks like the most well rounded of the current crop of heavyweights. 

Wilder is all wild, thrashing power, Fury is all feet and evasion with feather fists, AJ is a hard punching adonis with extremely dubious defence, Dillian looks like a budget Wilder, though that might be a tad harsh. 

What I've seen of Usyk is only extended highlights of his last few fights and then the Bellew fight but he seems like a pretty well rounded package of everything you need to be a solid fighter? 

I have got the same feeling about him. Holyfield was only a cruiserweight as well.

Fury isn't bad but all that fanfare about his last fight was ridiculous. You'd have thought he had beaten Joe Louis, Mike Tyson and Jack Dempsey all in one night. I am not too confident Joshua can beat Ruiz, I think he will just about. It wasn't as if Joshua was hit by a ko punch it was four times he got knocked over.

3 hours ago, Wortho said:

Fury isn't bad but all that fanfare about his last fight was ridiculous. You'd have thought he had beaten Joe Louis, Mike Tyson and Jack Dempsey all in one night. I am not too confident Joshua can beat Ruiz, I think he will just about. It wasn't as if Joshua was hit by a ko punch it was four times he got knocked over.

But was the first punch concussive?

19 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

If Joshua boxes on the back foot and wins unconvincingly, will it become a trilogy? 

With Usyk ordered it’d mean WBO belt would get stripped so doubtful if Joshua wins as he’s apparently hell bent on unification. I guess Usyk might be a bullet best dodged but Joshua seems up for fighting anyone and Hearn has Usyk signed to DZNE so win win for him.

• Like 2

On 24/06/2019 at 15:06, Wortho said:

I will be interested to see how Usyk progresses in this division. He could well end up holding all the belts in two years providing he adapts with the extra weight.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

he wouldn’t beat tyson with fury fighting one handed 

14 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Right now the division is strong at the top he has come along at the wrong time he will be fighting man monsters 

Watched him box Joe Joyce's ears off in the world series, size wont faze him,, I honestly think he can beat everyone apart from Fury who incidentally is the only other won who is actually a world class boxer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Article on Sky Sports app proclaiming him as the next big thing 

Just read it, interesting but looking at his record I’m a little sceptical. Time will tell as always though I’ll be in a much better position to comment once I’ve actually seen him fight which if he’s any good I’m sure I will before long.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Watched him box Joe Joyce's ears off in the world series, size wont faze him,, I honestly think he can beat everyone apart from Fury who incidentally is the only other won who is actually a world class boxer.

Can’t see him beating any of the top 4 , joe Joyce is aweful to watch plenty of cruiser weights would slap him round 

11 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Can’t see him beating any of the top 4 , joe Joyce is aweful to watch plenty of cruiser weights would slap him round 

He’d take wilder apart, the issue would be whether he can land the right hand.

Got about 3 cards on re tonight ?