Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Just now, Tinman said:

Decent back flip as well

Yep! 

Right then.... what's Connor got in the locker? Appear to have put him up against another meh fighter (6 defeats)... I know he's only 22 but surely got to step it up a gear at some point!

Conor Benn always looks wide open to get knocked out at any moment to me. Then again, he also looks like he could KO his opposition anytime too. Exciting to watch.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Conor Benn always looks wide open to get knocked out at any moment to me. Then again, he also looks like he could KO his opposition anytime too. Exciting to watch.

Bit like that! lol 

If this guy had a heavy punch he'd have got him in the first round. 

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Just not sure how that style translates when he steps up a level. He needs to learn when to step back a bit and take his time surely? 

Yeah he'll get proper tagged by the best in the division if he doesn't sort his defense out I'd have thought. Love his explosive energy though and intrigued to see what's next for him.

Just now, Izzy said:

Yeah he'll get proper tagged by the best in the division if he doesn't sort his defense out I'd have thought. Love his explosive energy though and intrigued to see what's next for him.

Josh Kelly would be a good fight. Not sure if it's a straight away thing though.

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

How corrupt the world of Boxing is 

the guy has never even had a heavy weight fight 

disgustung shite 

Whyte needs to ditch Eddie and quick 

Yep!

All Dillian can do is keep winning, all the talk of how hard done by he's been will mean **** all if he loses in a couple of weeks. 

Don't know who else he signs for though, he's cancelled out top rank after slagging them off earlier in the year.... I don't think BT/Warren works either because he wants to fight Tyson not join him!

If he's patient, and AJ loses again to Ruiz or wins and has to somehow beat Usyk (don't care if he's never fought at that weight, from what i've seen he'd destroy him at the minute!) then Dillian becomes new poster boy for Matchroom. 

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

Yep!

All Dillian can do is keep winning, all the talk of how hard done by he's been will mean **** all if he loses in a couple of weeks. 

Don't know who else he signs for though, he's cancelled out top rank after slagging them off earlier in the year.... I don't think BT/Warren works either because he wants to fight Tyson not join him!

If he's patient, and AJ loses again to Ruiz or wins and has to somehow beat Usyk (don't care if he's never fought at that weight, from what i've seen he'd destroy him at the minute!) then Dillian becomes new poster boy for Matchroom. 

Just caught up, decent display by Benn but Kelly would probably school him, Samuel Vargas isn’t a bad shout but he’s so so far off the the level required to win a title at that weight and I can’t see that changing for at least five years. This is a division in which Mikey Garcia, Danny Garcia, Kell Brook and Amir Khan  currently operate in and they are all belt-less. 

Re The state of the heavyweights. The timing is questionable but it is certainly not uncommon for a fighter moving up in weight to walk straight into a title fight if they’ve vacated the belt at the lower weight class and the WBO who I believe are the sanctioning body ordering this are famous for it. They ordered both Flanagan and Billy Joe straight into title fights when they have moved up in the last two years. Is it a joke? Yep, is it setting up a great fight though? Most certainly.

Unbelievable that whytes not got a mandatory shot at any title yet but that’s nothing to do with his promoter. The best way to fight someone is to join the same promotional banner as them but BT wouldn’t work as Top Rank practically own fury in the short term. On the subject of top rank boxing’s a fickel game insults mean nothing so don’t ever think bad blood between promoters or fighters can’t change over night if the sums make sense but I can’t see whyte going anywhere. He might be title-less but what sky and match room are delivering for him is circa half a million Ppv buys for everyone of his fights and getting out the game rich is priority number 1, plus he has a very hard assignment to take care of  evoke any of this is relevant anyway.

But the  boogeyman’s coming in o crash the party now anyway, was sceptical how long it would take Usyk to get the opportunity to get into the mix but he’s got a golden opportunity and he could well change the landscape of the division completely. He’s the best boxer in the division and I include fury in that he just gives a lot of reach and size away to Tyson. 

Totally different subject but but absolute joke of a situation between kovalev and yarde.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1