Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

4 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

And he's not faster than Fury either.

I mean no offence but “fast” is such a casual boxing fan term and so generic. Most fighters move their heads hands and feet in differing levels.

his main problem with fury Is he has got the technical ability and boxing mentality.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Fury would pick apart AJ; might not stop him, but would beat him on points. The only person of any true world-class quality AJ has fought is Klitcshko - who Fury out-boxed. Fury is quicker and a much more technical boxer - he'll slip AJ's big punches and just counter.

There's a reason Wilder and Fury have fought each other and AJ has fought neither; because both he and Eddie Hearn know it.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Maybe I'm missing something with AJ. Then again, I'm just a 'casual' boxing fan as Mabs would say ;)

He's done very, very well all things considered. 

But he was fast tracked to world title glory, facing the worst heavyweight champ in history in Charles Martin - who only won the belt because his opponent injured himself during the fight!

He just doesn't have the depth in his resume because of this and really, if truth be told, they seriously milked the win over Wladimir, a 41 year old who hadn't fought in 2 years and was coming off a loss to Fury. Even then, Wladimir blew that fight against AJ in my view.

Think it's between Wilder and Fury as to who the very best is. Usyk just looks too small and surprisingly, his defence is not as tight as you might expect, given his accolades in the amateurs and cruiser.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

AJ got himself into that mode tonight he toned done and was made for speed... jan and move... I’m not having a go, I just feel you are looking at the wrong things that is all.. I thought it was a great fight from AJ 

Against a fat guy people said he would beat in 3

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I mean no offence but “fast” is such a casual boxing fan term and so generic. Most fighters move their heads hands and feet in differing levels.

his main problem with fury Is he has got the technical ability and boxing mentality.

I was referring to the person you quoted who suggested AJ is faster than Fury. Fury has the faster feet, faster hands and his head movement is a level above AJ's.

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Sorry before he bear Ruiz, this was fight against as fat guy na should be knocked out in 3.  

Today that same fat guy gets out boxed in 12 and it's a magnificent victory and can near Wilder

Wilder is the most boring fighter out there, yeah he has a big punch, but Tyson fury fully ready and sharp takes him and so does Joshua... the only fight for truly the best would be AJ bs Fury imo 

Josh looked scared.

I liked AJ, think I got swept away with the media love in but lost alot of respect for him when he was constantly ducking any type of serious challenge, then lost to Ruiz and tonight didn't really blow me away, it was hardly convincing in my eyes.

He fights any serious challenger next and I can't see him winning - If he does he might gain some respect back, not that he'll lose any sleep over that but I think he's lost alot of hype surrounding him is what i'm trying to say.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

Josh looked scared.

I liked AJ, think I got swept away with the media love in but lost alot of respect for him when he was constantly ducking any type of serious challenge, then lost to Ruiz and tonight didn't really blow me away, it was hardly convincing in my eyes.

He fights any serious challenger next and I can't see him winning - If he does he might gain some respect back, not that he'll lose any sleep over that but I think he's lost alot of hype surrounding him is what i'm trying to say.

he just outboxed his opponent for 12 rounds... landed some big shots throughout. In fact people were saying AJ goes down easily, and true last fight he did but tonight he absorbed the shots, they just bounced off him.. being toned down and more agile allowed him to dance around Ruiz tonight. His machine look of the last few fights has gone and we have the AJ that boxed his way to the Olympic title, a true athlete and world class boxer.

Just now, Matt said:

Josh looked scared.

Like I said, he was fast tracked to a world title in 15 fights because the guy, Charles Martin, only won the belt by default due to his opponent injuring himself in the ring!

The price he paid was just not having the character building fights - in other words, facing a variety of styles AND guys who weren't afraid to hit him back. 

I think the fight against Wladimir was seriously milked and wrongly used in my view because instead of it ringing the warning bell - in regards to him getting dropped and almost stopped by an old man coming off a loss to Fury - it was used to make him seem indestructible. And he bought into that, as well as his fans.

2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I was referring to the person you quoted who suggested AJ is faster than Fury. Fury has the faster feet, faster hands and his head movement is a level above AJ's.

he doesn’t have better hand speed or foot work. 

He has far superior technical ability that allows him to land and technically better footwork  that works with his unorthodox faints and head movement which confuse his opponents. Joshua has quick feet, like i said earlier, a really shit Ali. He’s an athlete.

Joshua can whip out shots quicker than fury, fury just places them better.

If they ever fight and fury wins you’ll hear one word used and it won’t be speed it’ll be technique.

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Wilder is the most boring fighter out there, yeah he has a big punch, but Tyson fury fully ready and sharp takes him and so does Joshua... the only fight for truly the best would be AJ bs Fury imo 

Bullshit, Wilder is the most exciting fighter I the world, that guy has nothing else except a knock out punch.  

I spend a lot of time in the US and boy they love him.

AJ is an avoider, and will fight no one

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

he doesn’t have better hand speed or foot work. 

He has far superior technical ability that allows him to land and technically better footwork  that works with his unorthodox faints and head movement which confuse his opponents. Joshua has quick feet, like i said earlier, a really shit Ali. He’s an athlete.

Joshua can whip out shots quicker than fury, fury just places them better.

If they ever fight and fury wins you’ll hear one word used and it won’t be speed it’ll be technique.

Well, let's agree to disagree. In my view, Fury has the quicker hands, you can see that when watching them both against Wlad for instance. He's also more flexible at the waist and reacts quicker, surprising seeing as he's 3 inches taller than AJ.

Edited by Kendal Fox