Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPalace.com

Blackburn in for Bamba

If this bid had come in next week and he'd cost us a goal vs Reading most of you would be saying snap their hand off. Around 3m is a VERY good offer for him. Sven knows what he's doing so hold back with the moaning!

Sven started Sol at Real and Coventry ahead of his new signing S:t Ledger, that tells me that if we sell either Sol wants to leave or some financial "idiot" at the club are interferring with Svens decisions.

Or because St Ledger has been out injured quite a bit, because of which Bamba and Mills were stuck with. There is a good chance Sven only ever saw Bamba as back up this year.

lol Are you kidding.

As I already stated I am not a football manger, or a scout. I do not sit at home getting paid to watch tapes of games ok. But again, as I already stated there are PLENTY of centre backs in world football. That's one thing I can assure you of.

Bamba was ok, I have seen better, I have seen worse. The way people are reacting you'd think he was amazing.

Why is that funny?

I'm not saying Bamba is the greatest player ever, however he has looked decent recently and paired up well with Mills so what have we got to gain by selling him? It just adds another player we have to get when we already have a quality CB with him.

You're acting like it's the easier thing in the world to replace him when the reality is it isn't.

StringerSport Ian Stringer

BBC Radio Leicester understands there has been NO bid for Sol Bamba and The Foxes are NOT negotiating with Blackburn Rovers #lcfc #brfc

Kean said ""We are quite close. An offer has been put in and we are trying to progress that although it is slow. The good news is it hasn't been rejected so we are moving forward."

But in the article he never mentions Bamba and in written form you don't know what the reporter asked him.

Could be sky putting 2 and 2 together... you never know.

lol Are you kidding.

As I already stated I am not a football manger, or a scout. I do not sit at home getting paid to watch tapes of games ok. But again, as I already stated there are PLENTY of centre backs in world football. That's one thing I can assure you of.

Bamba was ok, I have seen better, I have seen worse. The way people are reacting you'd think he was amazing.

I'm quite frankly, p***ed pff because we have (or what could be had) a solid partnership and solid back four for the first time in well, a while.

The way we defended against Coventry with 10 men, the way we defended and restrained Real Madrid from running riot. That was a defence I was proud of. Now the fact that Bamba may be on his way out negates all that work. Think about it, we had such an appalling start to the season, and with a few signings like Bamba, things turn around and hey ho, we're tipped for promotion. We have a defence that I'll be great at shutting out the attackers, a midfield that'll support the defence and be great on the attack too, strikers, well, that still needs work but I digress. Bamba should not be sold.

Sven can be a tinkerman, not as bad as Claudio "Tinkerman" Ranieri but still had a good old poke around when it wasn't needed, the whole Weale-replaced-by-Ricardo saga is a prime example.

The fans love him, he had hs own chant since virtually day 1. Scored in first minutes of his debut, makes brilliant tackles, wins the headers, not afraid to get up for the corners and score a few, recovers well from any mistakes he makes. I'd happily keep the guy and if you think that is worth letting go of when we got him for what now seems like a bargain, then I think you have got the wrong mindset about Bamba. Unless we get another body to suit his defensive style, we will be exposed once again. Mills needs a partner, Bamba is/was it, I'm intrigued on who you think will be able to fill his shoes.

If we get £3m for Bamba I feel its a great business for the club, never been much of a fan to be honest.

Some people think its the end of the world, if you think we over-paid for Mills (I agree on that score) then Blackburn are paying through the nose for this guy.

I would be more than pleased if our central defence pairing is Mills & St Leger, with Ball & Tunchev as back all season. That is easily good enough.

We should remember that we can only name 5 subs, meaning only 1 defender on the bench will be named now. Sven has sent Tunch out on loan to see if he can stand upto games in the Championship.

We all hope he can!

But that aside, we have enough cover for Bamba, plus Prem League teams will announce 25 man squads.If we need cover there will be plenty of options through the loan system for a cash rich club dont you think?

Finally: before somebody shouts me down that loaning defenders didnt work last season, I am talking about a single loan signing as an option if we need one.

HAHA this world is sick.

Bert and 4:th official our "best" informers has said it is a go.

All sportsites are on it.

They say their manager say that we havenät rejected their bid and that they're close. And now.

There has been NO BID.

I'm having a wank.

You're acting like it's the easier thing in the world to replace him when the reality is it isn't.

Well we have managed to sign about 12 players so fa this year, so obviously the club don't seem to find it THAT difficult. Do you not think Sven has a list of players he likes for every position in case of injuries or scenarios like this?

I can understand people not wanting to see Bamba leave, but if any player would rather not be here, you're left with the option of either letting him go, or keeping an unhappy player which will probably disrupt the dressing room, and who won't play to his best anyway.

In this particular case, to sell him at the mentioned price would mean a huge profit - 12 times what we paid only 6 months ago. Plus, we know Sven can spot a bargain. If we have to sell, which I think we do, then now is a great time to do it. We have so many new players settling in, one more to replace Bamba isn't going to make any difference.

Well he didn't cost us a goal against Reading and you would have to be some sort of moron to judge a player on one game anyway . Ask yourself why some one is offering 3 million for him ( if that is it's true ) Is it because they have seen what most Leicester fans have seen in him ? Me thinks so .

Liverpool spent £35 million on Andy Carroll. Your point is irrelevant.

Archived