Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

London no longer English - John Cleese

I think it's very easy to dismiss Cleese as a racist nutjob, but the fact is that we are witnessing the biggest shift in the demographics of the country in recorded history. In other words, we are undergoing a huge change, that could have a historical significance on a par with the Industrial Revolution for changing our society.

You may think my statement above is hyperbole, but the statistics are significant. A quarter of births in 2010 were to women born outside the UK.

http://www.ons.gov.u...irth--2010.html

I'm not debating the rights or wrongs, I'm simply trying to look at it through a historical eye to get a sense of perspective for what this means and how we shape our society.

At the moment, it is uncontrolled, which affects huge sways of our society from stress on public services, to labour markets, to the provision of accommodation in this country, to how different ethnic groups coalesce with each other (the outlook and attitude of different ethnic groups), how police actually police these new communities. It is no surprise therefore that the hideous BNP gain votes against this backdrop.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with immigration as it has enriched our country. However, the speed of immigration over the last decade has probably been too much, affecting those at the bottom of society too much (keeping wage levels lower than they should have been, more people chasing the same housing stock, etc).

I sort of agree with Breadman, I do think that immigration in the last 10 or 20 years has changed the demographics, for a already over populated small country, all this has done is stretch resources, public services, housing and the native fit poon.

Our country was never prepared, immigration should have been controlled better with skilled immigrants being given a presedence for the requirements ouf our nation. The government has failed to tackle unemployment, instead has used immigrants to compensate for the labour requirements. Now jobs are slim and those that were claiming will find the market far harder.

Perceptionis a big thing, native whites still are the majority, but with the EU and more nations joining, native whites and native browns (like me) perception will question immigration further and be further disinchanted!

I sort of agree with Breadman, I do think that immigration in the last 10 or 20 years has changed the demographics, for a already over populated small country, all this has done is stretch resources, public services, housing and the native fit poon.

They're all stuck up bitches anyway.

More fit foreign poon I say

A little history concerning recent immigration in this country . Before the fifties the Irish were the wiping boys then came the Caribbean immigrants , I have photos of signs in accommodation to let, saying No blacks or Irish need apply . Next came the Asians mostly from Uganda and Kenya the Blacks and the Irish looked down on them and thought great we have new whipping boys . Time has passed and now we have the new whipping boys the Muslims . Where will it all end ?

I think it's very easy to dismiss Cleese as a racist nutjob, but the fact is that we are witnessing the biggest shift in the demographics of the country in recorded history. In other words, we are undergoing a huge change, that could have a historical significance on a par with the Industrial Revolution for changing our society.

You may think my statement above is hyperbole, but the statistics are significant. A quarter of births in 2010 were to women born outside the UK.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/parents--country-of-birth--england-and-wales/2010/births-in-england-and-wales-by-parents--country-of-birth--2010.html

I'm not debating the rights or wrongs, I'm simply trying to look at it through a historical eye to get a sense of perspective for what this means and how we shape our society.

At the moment, it is uncontrolled, which affects huge sways of our society from stress on public services, to labour markets, to the provision of accommodation in this country, to how different ethnic groups coalesce with each other (the outlook and attitude of different ethnic groups), how police actually police these new communities. It is no surprise therefore that the hideous BNP gain votes against this backdrop.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with immigration as it has enriched our country. However, the speed of immigration over the last decade has probably been too much, affecting those at the bottom of society too much (keeping wage levels lower than they should have been, more people chasing the same housing stock, etc).

I agree, the change seen in this populations demographic makeup is unprecedented, firstly with the rules being relaxed in the late 90's which saw huge immigration from South Asia and Africa, then in the 2000's with the entry of the Eastern Europeans in the EU which saw numbers never yet seen coming to the UK (made worse by the fact that there is nothing we can do to stop it).

Its the SPEED of change i think that has upset most people, not the newcomers themselves. Though i'm pro-immigration, those coming in have to be right for our country, people who have something to offer, not those wanting something to take. Also to stop the rise of the far-right, immigration must be made a priority in order to regain the people's confidence in the system, failure to do this whilst continuing with current policy WILL end in political and social turmoil. Irregardless, the results of the 2011 census will give the country one almighty shock.

A little history concerning recent immigration in this country . Before the fifties the Irish were the wiping boys then came the Caribbean immigrants , I have photos of signs in accommodation to let, saying No blacks or Irish need apply . Next came the Asians mostly from Uganda and Kenya the Blacks and the Irish looked down on them and thought great we have new whipping boys . Time has passed and now we have the new whipping boys the Muslims . Where will it all end ?

When a super race of pure whit native SInghs will bone all the poon to produce a super race of Singh mongrels!!!

When the muslims finally take over the world and force your women to wear veils!

It's going to happen you know... THEY IZ GOT MUZLAMIC RAY GUNS!!!

When the muslims finally take over the world and force your women to wear veils!

It's going to happen you know... THEY IZ GOT MUZLAMIC RAY GUNS!!!

That sounds good to me, gives me the opportunity to pull poon with the Mrs cus they all look the same I won't know who my Mrs is!!!!lol

Slightly off topic, but I had to laugh this morning on Radio Leicester where they managed to blame the white population of leicester / Leicestershire for the lack of community integration in Leicester / Leicestershire.

They said it was because local white people were moving out of areas with large ethnic communities. Rather than it being the ethnic groups all wanting to live together in one area.

Not saying it's wrong they do (brits do it abroad enough), but I can't imagine the Spanish blame the locals for loads of Brits living together in their country.

There will never be total integration in Leicester, In the main, people of their own culture want to live with others from the same background.

So what does that mean for the people that choose to live in such areas? Does it mean they are racist against other cultures for not choosing to integrate fully? Why do they feel the need to surround themselves with others from the same culture?Why do British whites want to live amongst other white Britons? Why is the Belgrave road area most prominent with Asian? All this opens to a different kind of debate

Leicester has certain areas where this is prominent as we all know.

I seen this first hand, as i used to live in Rushey Mead back in the 80's, the street i lived in was 100% white Briton's, and it was strange to see what prevailed over the years.....One white English family moved out, and an Asian family moved in.The next door neighbour of the Asian family, then moved out,and then over a period of say 5-10 years the street was habited at a guess by 70% Asians, no whites moved into the street.

My parents then moved out as they moved to a detached property, and since then, i sometimes drive down the street for old times sake as its where i grew up, I still know someone who lives in the street,and he is the only white Briton left.

I live in a village which is probably near on 99% white Briton populated, there are not many different cultures here, so it would be interesting to understand why those from different backgrounds choose not to move where i live?

In my opinion Leicester has probably one of the highest number of different ethnic backgrounds, be it white/brown or black, but that does not mean its a happy multi-culture society, far from it i'd say.

Many of the houses around the Belgrave area were for factory workers and although I'm not basing it on fact, I think it stands to reason that many immigrants of that time would have been getting jobs doing cheap manual labour and hence ended up living in that area. When you get a few instances of this, it then makes the area somewhat more appealing to those in the years to come who might not necessarily be living there because of circumstance, but because they chose to.

I do see your point but I think some make more of a deal out of it then what they should. We are programmed as humans to find those more similar to us more appealing and to an extent, we all harbour thoughts which would be construed as racist deep in our unconscious but that doesn't make someone inherently racist.

There is quite a well known association test which shows up these unconscious thoughts. It's hard to explain but I've come across it a couple of times in a few books I've read and the results were quite interesting.

It basically involves deciding whether a series' of words are either positive or negative and then changes the series of words and how they link to show how it effects your decision making. If anyone knows what it's called/can find an internet version I'd be very grateful. If not I'll have a look through my books later.

That test is a bit of sidenote but if you do that test I think you will the basis of what my point hinges on, in that having areas of a City that are populated greatly by one ethnic community is less of an issue with regard to integration then I think some would argue. It is not as simple as these people all choosing to live there for no reason other than because their ethnic community is well represented, and in any case the decision is heavily influenced by factors we can't control.

Many of the houses around the Belgrave area were for factory workers

My mum, and now deceased grandparents used to tell me stories of how Belgrave road used to be one of the most prestigious places in the city, very posh to a certain extent

Be interesting to hear any other views on that from anyone who is old enough to remember, we are talking i guess 40-50 years ago?

Now the place is so rundown, its unreal.Needs a few quid spending on it, thats for sure as i have never seen it looking like the state its in before :cry:

My mum, and now deceased grandparents used to tell me stories of how Belgrave road used to be one of the most prestigious places in the city, very posh to a certain extent

Be interesting to hear any other views on that from anyone who is old enough to remember, we are talking i guess 40-50 years ago?

Now the place is so rundown, its unreal.Needs a few quid spending on it, thats for sure as i have never seen it looking like the state its in before :cry:

I was born there in 1965 and we moved in 1974, I don't think it was ever a posh area, I don't remember it really being a rough area either, just a normal working class area.

I was born there in 1965 and we moved in 1974, I don't think it was ever a posh area, I don't remember it really being a rough area either, just a normal working class area.

My Dad worked at the BUSM (round the back of Belgrave road) from 1963-2001. He said if it wasn't for the influx of Asian families the place would have gone downhill rapidly! They moved in as the place was dying and boarded up.

My Dad worked at the BUSM (round the back of Belgrave road) from 1963-2001. He said if it wasn't for the influx of Asian families the place would have gone downhill rapidly! They moved in as the place was dying and boarded up.

I remember the BU, massive place. At a certain time of the day there were hundreds (or seemed like it) walking past our front room at home time.

Right or wrong it is fact (dont know about modern times) that if a coloured family moved into an area the house prices would fall. So who would be willing to move into an area where the house values have fallen and not worry about who their neighbour was?

I remember the BU, massive place. At a certain time of the day there were hundreds (or seemed like it) walking past our front room at home time.

Over 3000 were employed there in its heyday. Biggest employer in Leicester, until Labour got in! :P

15252138' post='1993256']

Right or wrong it is fact (dont know about modern times) that if a coloured family moved into an area the house prices would fall. So who would be willing to move into an area where the house values have fallen and not worry about who their neighbour was?

I dont quite get your point? are you saying "white families" wont move into an area that has been de-valued by an influx of non-white families? I think thats what your getting at?

I think it was before your time, i will ask my mam again when i see her, ask her what it like again :thumbup:

No it is quite simple as Asian Families moved in white families moved out and consequently the houses in that area became cheaper and more Asians moved in and made it " their own AREA " It is nothing unusual human nature dictates that we are comfortable and at our most happy when we are with and live among our own creed . Multiculturalism is a pipe dream with no basis in reality . Humans are and will always be clannish and by and large stick to their own kind and I see nothing wrong in that .

I do have to say, that the area to the West of town here, is a dangerous place for white people to go. I used to have to go through it, when I worked for the Police, and had a fair few, unpleasant experiences, with the Pakistani youth, who are a massive problem, to white people in the town, who hang round in large groups, just looking for aggro and are extremely racially abusive. No problem with the older ones though.

I do have to say, that the area to the West of town here, is a dangerous place for white people to go. I used to have to go through it, when I worked for the Police, and had a fair few, unpleasant experiences, with the Pakistani youth, who are a massive problem, to white people in the town, who hang round in large groups, just looking for aggro and are extremely racially abusive. No problem with the older ones though.

You get the same problem in areas like saffron lane... Gangs of white youths who look quite menacing.

I watched the whole first series of Love Thy Neighbour the other week and Eddie (think that's his name) was complaining about that when the black couple moved in nextdoor!

Archived