Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

London no longer English - John Cleese

So you don't mind different races but you agree with john cleese?

Confused.

I think it is you who are confused. Where does Mr. Cleese, state he minds them, Read the article again.

Like he sees London, I see High Wycombe.It is crowded, mostly by Pakistanis, as well as fewer numbers of ethnics. Nu way do I condemn them though, as long as they abide by our laws, but that applies to all races.

The subject of British Indians supporting India when they play against England...in England is an interesting one. I have to admit it is always disappointing to see from my perspective, i personally come from an Irish family who all moved to England to find work and a better life, as an offspring of that heritage i am proud of my Irish roots...however i am an Englishman and i will support England whoever they play. This business with the Indian cricket team all came to a head on their last tour whereby the majority Indian crowd at Lords actually booed the English team...i remember that caused quite a few stirs and scratching of heads.

Though the same happened in Germany where Germans of Turkish descent came out in gargantuan numbers to support Turkey when they played Germany. Also in France when they played Tunisia, the same happened there with French Tunisians booing the French national anthem in Paris.

Though it has to be argued that a heck of a lot of the Indian fans in the grounds where not "British Indians", a significant proportion were students and those on short terms visas. I have also found that British Asians mostly tend to support India/Pakistan/Bangladesh at cricket and yet support England at football. Also remember the massive numbers of English supporters outnumbering the Australian fans at cricket grounds in Australia. Will those guys drop sticks and start supporting Australia against England anytime soon...i doubt it....

However lets not pretend that integration of certain communities isn't a problem because we all know thats not true, but there has to be perspective sometimes. This has been been an phenomena seen all over Europe and goes way beyond trivial sporting contests, hence why politicians have abandoned the term "multiculturalism" and or fact declared it as a failed policy altogether.

I find it odd also, especially when these so called Indians have never been to India, barely speak the language or would never ever consider living or moving to India BUT IMO part of it stems from racial abuse, I can remember as a child and waving a english flag, only to be told that i'm not english but Indian, and constantly reminded that I was a Indian. This hasn't changed much today, my son is also referred to as an Indian, although he supports england through and through!

Just to make clear, i'm quite anti indian, due to it's genocidal attacks and it's anti stance on SIkhs, plus India is a continent not a nation, but if there was a Punjab team, and they played england I would probably be impartial. This would be due to my heritage and attachment to Punjab, but if forced to make a choice, England is where I was born, bred, and is my home....long live England!!!

I love the fact acooling chooses a picture of Whitechapel High Street when he probably hasn't even set foot there, knows fuck all about the history of the area or the communities living in it.

Personally I would have chosen a photo of Kingsland Road/Stoke Newington High Street in Dalston. Would've looked more like downtown Istanbul than London. All those bloody Turks, defending their shops and businesses when the riots kicked off, looking after their neighbours, standing together as a community. Not like we could learn anything off them could we, they're definitely not welcome here, right?

I find it odd also, especially when these so called Indians have never been to India, barely speak the language or would never ever consider living or moving to India BUT IMO part of it stems from racial abuse, I can remember as a child and waving a english flag, only to be told that i'm not english but Indian, and constantly reminded that I was a Indian. This hasn't changed much today, my son is also referred to as an Indian, although he supports england through and through!

Just to make clear, i'm quite anti indian, due to it's genocidal attacks and it's anti stance on SIkhs, plus India is a continent not a nation, but if there was a Punjab team, and they played england I would probably be impartial. This would be due to my heritage and attachment to Punjab, but if forced to make a choice, England is where I was born, bred, and is my home....long live England!!!

whenever I see an asian guy or black guy or whatever race wearing England colours, it brightens my day just a little bit more.

Hopefully it's not seen as condescending or patronising cos it's not meant to be.

Just makes me smile and think 'nice one mate' to myself.

Seen quite a lot of dual-nation flags aswell. S'all good.

Slightly off topic, but I had to laugh this morning on Radio Leicester where they managed to blame the white population of leicester / Leicestershire for the lack of community integration in Leicester / Leicestershire.

They said it was because local white people were moving out of areas with large ethnic communities. Rather than it being the ethnic groups all wanting to live together in one area.

Not saying it's wrong they do (brits do it abroad enough), but I can't imagine the Spanish blame the locals for loads of Brits living together in their country.

Personally I would have chosen a photo of Kingsland Road/Stoke Newington High Street in Dalston. Would've looked more like downtown Istanbul than London. All those bloody Turks, defending their shops and businesses when the riots kicked off, looking after their neighbours, standing together as a community. Not like we could learn anything off them could we, they're definitely not welcome here, right?

I've heard they're all Dickheads

I think it's very easy to dismiss Cleese as a racist nutjob, but the fact is that we are witnessing the biggest shift in the demographics of the country in recorded history. In other words, we are undergoing a huge change, that could have a historical significance on a par with the Industrial Revolution for changing our society.

You may think my statement above is hyperbole, but the statistics are significant. A quarter of births in 2010 were to women born outside the UK.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/parents--country-of-birth--england-and-wales/2010/births-in-england-and-wales-by-parents--country-of-birth--2010.html

I'm not debating the rights or wrongs, I'm simply trying to look at it through a historical eye to get a sense of perspective for what this means and how we shape our society.

At the moment, it is uncontrolled, which affects huge sways of our society from stress on public services, to labour markets, to the provision of accommodation in this country, to how different ethnic groups coalesce with each other (the outlook and attitude of different ethnic groups), how police actually police these new communities. It is no surprise therefore that the hideous BNP gain votes against this backdrop.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with immigration as it has enriched our country. However, the speed of immigration over the last decade has probably been too much, affecting those at the bottom of society too much (keeping wage levels lower than they should have been, more people chasing the same housing stock, etc).

Archived