Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

West Ham Away.

Guest MattP

Typical the away game I was looking forward to the most amd it's on the same day as my friends wedding.

It's happened to me before, don't worry they forgive you eventually.

I'll stop going.

I can go to Test matches, World title fights and other far more entertaining events than QPR V Leicester if it's £72.

My life doesnt revolve around a football club.

Comparing test matches to watching Leicester lol

No offence, but sometimes you sound like you're on the wrong forum.

Guest MattP

Comparing test matches to watching Leicester lol

No offence, but sometimes you sound like you're on the wrong forum.

Why would I be offended by that? :unsure:

I know though, you can't get a ticket for a test match now unless you buy it 6 months in advance as they sell out so fast here, its noisy, everyone is singing, top quality, every ground is different, you get an away following of 15,000+ to places as far as Australia, South Africa and The Caribbean, you are watching your team as the best in the world, you sit unsegregated, you can drink 15 pints whilst watching it and if you fall over the stewards will laugh and put you back in your seat.

You are right, its nothing like watching Leicester.

There's a deal from Nuneaton apparently - tenner.

Problem is getting to Nuneaton is a joke. In-fact I went to the London masters and the journey from Narborough to Nuneaton cost more than Nuneaton to London lol thankfully I got a lift, but still.

We're on 8:59 from Nuneaton to Euston single for £11.30 Nothing booked for getting back, can be sorted on the sunday at some large fee as long as its a great weekend and 3 pts.

well if you print off a voucher for the day you want to travel - its unlimited train travel on the london midland network for £10.

£10 train offer

well if you print off a voucher for the day you want to travel - its unlimited train travel on the london midland network for £10.

£10 train offer

Am I right in thinking if you want to use this offer... you'd need to.

Train from Leicester to Nuneaton- around £10 Adult/£5 Child (RETURN)

Use this offer: train to Euston? (return) - same prices as above.

And then TUBE? from Euston to Upton Park- Zone 1 to 3 Tube OffPeak (is that right?) - £7 Adult/£3 Child

So would be around £27 Adult/ £13 Child ? Are all them routes right?

Am I right in thinking if you want to use this offer... you'd need to.

Train from Leicester to Nuneaton- around £10 Adult/£5 Child (RETURN)

Use this offer: train to Euston? (return) - same prices as above.

And then TUBE? from Euston to Upton Park- Zone 1 to 3 Tube OffPeak (is that right?) - £7 Adult/£3 Child

So would be around £27 Adult/ £13 Child ? Are all them routes right?

Yep.

Tube is off peak because its the weekend.

As an alternative to the train to Nuneaton, there is the arriva 158 bus service.

Bus positives: It'll be a lot cheaper

Bus negatives: takes slightly longer. for the return journey you would need to get a train to Hinckley from Nuneaton because the bus doesn't operate. then get the bus from Hinckley to Leicester.

For me its the bus. I live west of Leicester on the 158 route. It'll take me 10 minutes to get to Leicester. It'll take me another 10 minutes to walk to the station. I'll have to pay £3.80 in bus fare plus £10(ish) train fare to nuneaton. I might as well get the 158.

Archived