Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

West Ham Away.

Why not ask for tickets nearer the back then? Then you won't be dry.png

Erm, because I ordered them online.

Asking for them towards the back never seems to make an ounce of difference at the ticket office either.

So the Pre-Match locations seem to be diverse - I haven't been to London for quite a while now (well, if you exclude that horrible stint at Millwall last season).

Main two pubbing areas right now appear to be around King's Cross or next to the ground, yeah?

I've only walked past the Upton Park neighborhood once, and that was about ten, eleven years ago.

Is it still bad for away fans or less intimidating than Millwall? Does being a Leicester fan count as less a threat?? ph34r.gif

These threads are so good when the talk is about the important stuff - pubs. And not "ohh will I be able to stand" "whats the back row" "how are the stewards.

As Maybes said, It's West Ham.

Spot on.

These threads are so good when the talk is about the important stuff - pubs. And not "ohh will I be able to stand" "whats the back row" "how are the stewards.

As Maybes said, It's West Ham.

For people that have never been before , I think it's useful to know is it not?

It is to me anyway, so these questions do have a purpose.

Football Ground Guide is usually a good site to get info on pubs etc.

The designated pub for away fans is the Central on Barking Road. In fact the away coaches pull up not far from this pub on Barking Road and away fans are encouraged to go to this bar if they are looking for a drink (Incidentally the away coaches are awaiting back on Barking Road after the game). Kevin Hosking adds; 'Probably the best option for away fans is the Wetherspoon outlet called Millers Well which is opposite East Ham Town Hall. It is though about a twenty minute walk away along Barking Road (although it may be an idea to travel to East Ham tube station before the game, go to the pub and then walk to the stadium). Another good option is the Denmark Arms also on the Barking Road near the East Ham Town Hall; this is a large pub which shows all live football games'.

Peter Bennett a visiting Newcastle fan adds; 'We had a drink in safety in the Queens also on the Barking Road'. Most of the other pubs around the ground are quite partisan, and are for home supporters only. The Boleyn Pub on the corner near to the ground, plus the Greengate, Wine Bar and Village pubs all on Barking Road should all be given a wide berth by away fans.

Lou Pearman adds; 'Away fans may also be able to drink in the 'Duke Of Edinburgh' near to Upton Park Tube Station. Turn left out of the tube station and walk to the mini roundabout and it's on your right. There are also a few pie 'n' mash shops nearby (a traditional East End favourite). Turn right out of the tube station and just opposite is 'Duncans Pie n Mash'. Don't be put off by the queue, because they don't hang about and serve you very quickly'.

For those on the tube go to East Ham if you want the Wetherspoons pub.

Google Map the route if you think you'll get lost.

Archived