Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brown Fox

Brighton Pre Match Talk

Very tough game. The are doing well, have a good manager, new stadium and lots of momentum. They have also not lost away since Feb I believe. If we do play to our potential then we could beat them but if Gus gets the tactics right and we don't perform we could be well beaten. Personally I dont think they will just sit back and hit us on the break, they are too good a footballing side to do that.

Whoever wins it will do a world of good for. we win and everyone will think we have clicked and outclassed the form team of the division. They win and they will e confirmed as the real deal as they have beaten the predicted promotion chasers.

Sorry but I can only see a defeat. Our defense is crap & Brighton are scoring almost 2 per game & conceeded only 4 in total. Hope I'm wrong.

Shit away support if that's all they bring, we're in a bad run of form but I reckon we'd take 4k to their place right now if the fixture was reversed.

Why would 2 - 2.5k be shit ?.

Your largest away following last year was 3818, to a team down the road, and you averaged 1800 ish away fans. Granted you should travel in slightly greater numbers being the "bigger club", but have you just doubled your fan base since last season?.

Granted it would be a new ground for you all to come down to the AMEX etc, but 4K ??? Really ?. I think you may be over cooking your estimation there somehow.

As for the game. Tough call really. You guys could finally click and beat us comfortably, or Poyet could do what he does best and work out the tactics perfectly. IF that were to happen then, it could surprise a few people.

Should be good - Enjoy. Prediction 1 - 2

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2451718,00.html?

Poyet says his players are also looking forward to coming up against a strong Leicester side, but admits the pressure will be on the home side due to the high expectations at the King Power Stadium.

"Every summer during pre-season we talk about the special games during the season and this will be one of them.

"They will be playing against Premier League quality players and Leicester are really pushing for the top division, which they want to happen this season. They are expected to finish top two so it will be a very important for game for them.

"They will need to win the game so the pressure will definitely be on them but we are going there to win the game, not look for draws. It will be great for my players to test themselves against top-class players."

Why is it that opposing managers try and deflect the attention and say we need to win and the pressure is on us ?

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2451718,00.html?

Poyet says his players are also looking forward to coming up against a strong Leicester side, but admits the pressure will be on the home side due to the high expectations at the King Power Stadium.

"Every summer during pre-season we talk about the special games during the season and this will be one of them.

"They will be playing against Premier League quality players and Leicester are really pushing for the top division, which they want to happen this season. They are expected to finish top two so it will be a very important for game for them.

"They will need to win the game so the pressure will definitely be on them but we are going there to win the game, not look for draws. It will be great for my players to test themselves against top-class players."

Why is it that opposing managers try and deflect the attention and say we need to win and the pressure is on us ?

Mind Games.

In this case though, we do need to win.

Kasper

Pantsil-----Mills-----St.Ledger-----Konchesky

Fernandes

Wellens-----Danns

King

Beckford-----Schlupp

I'd like to see Johnson involved at some point to ease him into league action, preferably not if the game is on a knife-edge, though. Took me ages to decide on a centre-half pairing, we really do need to find the right mix there, and quickly.

Why would 2 - 2.5k be shit ?.

Your largest away following last year was3818, to a team down the road, and you averaged 1800 ish away fans. Granted you should travel in slightly greater numbers being the "bigger club", but have you just doubled your fan base since last season?.

Granted it would be a new ground for you all to come down to the AMEX etc, but 4K ??? Really ?. I think you may be over cooking your estimation there somehow.

As for the game. Tough call really. You guys could finally click and beat us comfortably, or Poyet could do what he does best and work out the tactics perfectly. IF that were to happen then, it could surprise a few people.

Should be good - Enjoy. Prediction 1 - 2

We took 6,000 to Manchester City....

"They will need to win the game so the pressure will definitely be on them''

The Bristol manager said this, along with Reading's, and we lost both of them games at home.

I hope this isn't going to be a trend continuing from Saturday. :frantics:

We took 6,000 to Manchester City....

I have no doubt. We took 5.5 k sellout to Palace last time we played them at their looters pit. The point was someone suggested you bring 4K to our place. The fact that you will only get an allocation of 2.5K at the Amex is neither here nor there, the stats on the football league website suggest you did not take 4 k to any league game away last season, so I was just doubting the random figure suggested. You guys were the 4th best supported team away from home in the whole of the football league last season..... and that is good enough. We were 9th and we were in league 1, which I think you would agree aint too bad either. Your average away following was 1800 can't remember exactly but it was 1.8 something. Ours average was 1396 last year.

Anyway forget all this crap.... hope it's a good game. Good luck for the season, and make sure you hammer the Croydon pikey's.

I have no doubt. We took 5.5 k sellout to Palace last time we played them at their looters pit. The point was someone suggested you bring 4K to our place. The fact that you will only get an allocation of 2.5K at the Amex is neither here nor there, the stats on the football league website suggest you did not take 4 k to any league game away last season, so I was just doubting the random figure suggested. You guys were the 4th best supported team away from home in the whole of the football league last season..... and that is good enough. We were 9th and we were in league 1, which I think you would agree aint too bad either. Your average away following was 1800 can't remember exactly but it was 1.8 something. Ours average was 1396 last year.

Anyway forget all this crap.... hope it's a good game. Good luck for the season, and make sure you hammer the Croydon pikey's.

Im fairly certain we took 4k to cov and forest and would have at derby if we had a bigger allocation.

Archived