Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The "greens" in Oz have this week announced they will legalise it. 

Sadly as the 3rd party in a two party system they will never have the chance to do it. Ill just have to keep growing my one plant every 3 years in secret.

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The "greens" in Oz have this week announced they will legalise it. 

Sadly as the 3rd party in a two party system they will never have the chance to do it. Ill just have to keep growing my one plant every 3 years in secret.

That's either an enormous plant or a very small habit, Oz...

1 minute ago, Buce said:

That's either an enormous plant or a very small habit, Oz...

Small habit... the plant was about 6ft. 

I harvested it in 2014, still got half a jar left. will see through till xmas i guess, will plant another this year.

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Small habit... the plant was about 6ft. 

I harvested it in 2014, still got half a jar left. will see through till xmas i guess, will plant another this year.

With all that sunshine I assumed everyone was at it, mate.

15 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

youd think so... but "grow houses" and hydroponics are sadly all the rage.

Same here but we don't have a choice.

I saw a documentary some years ago where a gang of Aussie bikers were growing in the Outback. They were growing in pots which they kept in the back of a truck; each morning they would drive out to where they were growing, and unload the plants for the day, returning for them at night when they would put them back on the truck, take them back to wherever they lived, and water them. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Same here but we don't have a choice.

I saw a documentary some years ago where a gang of Aussie bikers were growing in the Outback. They were growing in pots which they kept in the back of a truck; each morning they would drive out to where they were growing, and unload the plants for the day, returning for them at night when they would put them back on the truck, take them back to wherever they lived, and water them. Rince and repeat.

This is a lovely fruit tree we had in our back yard, with a weed growing in a pot next to it

IMG_4382_zpstoiqjvob.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This is a lovely fruit tree we had in our back yard, with a weed growing in a pot next to it

IMG_4382_zpstoiqjvob.jpg

Nice.

Do you have much of a problem with insect damage there? I'm thinking as it's not endemic to Oz it might not have defences against the local bugs (or conversely, they might not have evolved to trouble it).

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Nice.

Do you have much of a problem with insect damage there? I'm thinking as it's not endemic to Oz it might not have defences against the local bugs (or conversely, they might not have evolved to trouble it).

We did nothing to this, no fertiliser or insect sprays just some decent potting soil and let it go. 

13 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

IMG_4382_zpstoiqjvob.jpg

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Nice.

:o ....     This is how it all starts you two ...   the thin edge of the wedge ...   right little pair of Heisenbergs ...    STOP NOW !! ....   :angry: 

Just now, ozleicester said:

We did nothing to this, no fertiliser or insect sprays just some decent potting soil and let it go. 

Probably the latter then.

There are quite a few pests that have evolved to trouble them in the Northern hemisphere - red spider mite can kill a plant in days.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

:o ....     This is how it all starts you two ...   the thin edge of the wedge ...   right little pair of Heisenbergs ...    STOP NOW !! ....   :angry: 

Changing my user name to Tuco

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

How what starts, mate?

The use of  cannabidiol (CBD) is certainly very interesting regarding it's supplementary use for cancer sufferers, something I have recently read about and sounds interesting. 

I know you can buy products from Holland and Barrett which contain CBD and it's extracted from Hemp which doesn't contain THC, I am not sure however if the concentration levels offered (around 5%) would be strong enough to help cancer patients.

Maybe if someone is using it or can offer any info on where to purchase high strength CBD I would be grateful.

14 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

The use of  cannabidiol (CBD) is certainly very interesting regarding it's supplementary use for cancer sufferers, something I have recently read about and sounds interesting. 

I know you can buy products from Holland and Barrett which contain CBD and it's extracted from Hemp which doesn't contain THC, I am not sure however if the concentration levels offered (around 5%) would be strong enough to help cancer patients.

Maybe if someone is using it or can offer any info on where to purchase high strength CBD I would be grateful.

https://www.fortheageless.com/collections/cbd-oil

https://www.cbdoilsuk.com/

https://www.ancientpurity.com/cbd-oil-80-highest-strength-whole-plant-ext

https://www.healthspan.co.uk/products/high-strength-cbd-oil-64mg#/?pack size=60

• Like 1