Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tottenham interested in Kasper

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4282062/Leicester-City-have-placed-a-5m-price-tag-on-Kasper-Schmeichel.html

If a club makes that bid he will be of £5m he will most likely be off, sweet heavens we could easily bring in an adequate replacement, and have money to spare to improve other parts of the team.

Can't see him going

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4282062/Leicester-City-have-placed-a-5m-price-tag-on-Kasper-Schmeichel.html

LEICESTER CITY have placed a £5m price-tag on Kasper Schmeichel

Spurs and Bundesliga side Schalke are both planning summer moves for the Foxes keeper.

Schmeichel’s form has been so impressive for the Championship club that he is in the running for Denmark’s Euro 2012 squad.

And his legendary father, Peter, believes his son is finally emerging from his huge shadow.

The former Manchester United keeper said: “He is no longer son of Peter

“He is recognised for who he is now. I know he will make the right decisions.”

I rate Schmeichel as a very good keeper at this level, but every player has his price. I think the club would find it difficult to reject an offer in the region £5m, and a sum like that could go a long way in improving the squad, since Pearson would get to spend it and not Sven.

Don't know wheather I would accept 5m If they offered 6 then maybe but for the people who say there's no replacement how about Westwood,Speroni or Fulop would Proberbly cost no more than half of 5m and we could then spend other money on different areas?

Loved fulop when he was on loan here. Also rate Alex smithies

Loved fulop when he was on loan here. Also rate Alex smithies

Would love Fulop back, although whether he is still the same player of years ago would remain to be seen.

Smithies seems a strange one; he was raved about for a period of time then has made several mistakes this year for Hudd'fld.

Would rather go for someone like Speroni or De Vries from Wolves if Kasper did go.

Would love Fulop back, although whether he is still the same player of years ago would remain to be seen.

Smithies seems a strange one; he was raved about for a period of time then has made several mistakes this year for Hudd'fld.

Would rather go for someone like Speroni or De Vries from Wolves if Kasper did go.

Don't know about De Vries, but would love Westwood here!!

My order would go:

1.Westwood

2.Speroni

3.Fulop

4.Smithies!!

Smithies has only played 13 times this season cos of injury, can't really judge him from this season can you?

Smithies has only played 13 times this season cos of injury, can't really judge him from this season can you?

Yeah, suppose not. Just saw he made a mistake in a recent game, but yeah he was raved about so i'm willing not to judge. Just feel Speroni is as good as most at this standard.

Anyway let's hope Kasper stays.

Seriously? Is it impossible to give any of our players credit? He had a really good season and saved us a lot of points

He's also lost us some as well, it's a fine balance. His season has been ok, better than what I thought he was, but not as good as people make out; there are better goalkeepers in the league.

I just wouldn't want him to leave because I doubt we can get an equal/better goalkeeper in. Then again, I doubt Spurs would pay £5millon for him. I bet they could easily find a better goalkeeper with their money, in central Europe or something.

Yeah, suppose not. Just saw he made a mistake in a recent game, but yeah he was raved about so i'm willing not to judge. Just feel Speroni is as good as most at this standard.

Anyway let's hope Kasper stays.

1 mistake is hardly the several you mentioned in the post before. I saw Joe Hart make a mistake earlier in the season. Must mean he is average at best.

Westwood would be a good replacement but woild he lesve the Prem? More importantly would MON let him go?

He's also lost us some as well, it's a fine balance. His season has been ok, better than what I thought he was, but not as good as people make out; there are better goalkeepers in the league.

I just wouldn't want him to leave because I doubt we can get an equal/better goalkeeper in. Then again, I doubt Spurs would pay £5millon for him. I bet they could easily find a better goalkeeper with their money, in central Europe or something.

You're blatantly not a goalkeeper then? It seems you have to be a goalkeeper to know exactly how good KS is and only Rob Green, maybe Federici come close to being better than him.

You're blatantly not a goalkeeper then? It seems you have to be a goalkeeper to know exactly how good KS is and only Rob Green, maybe Federici come close to being better than him.

When did I say I blamed him for this season? Never, because I didn't say I blamed him. The post I quoted stated that he has saved us points, and yes he has, but I pointed out he has also dropped some as well. Never said I blamed him for anything. You mention Green and Federici, but I also think Speroni and maybe even Marshall are better.

I've said for ages, I don't think he is as good as what people say, but then again I doubt we could get an equal/better goalkeeper in, for a decent fee.

Archived