Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tottenham interested in Kasper

When did I say I blamed him for this season? Never, because I didn't say I blamed him. The post I quoted stated that he has saved us points, and yes he has, but I pointed out he has also dropped some as well. Never said I blamed him for anything. You mention Green and Federici, but I also think Speroni and maybe even Marshall are better.

I've said for ages, I don't think he is as good as what people say, but then again I doubt we could get an equal/better goalkeeper in, for a decent fee.

The points he's 'lost us' though, are no way near the amount he's saved us. Did he not just win player of the season, yet here you are slating arguably the best signing of the summer? ...also, saying he 'lost us' some points IS blaming him for 'losing points'. I can only really think of Forest for his red card that could be deemed as his fault and that made it 2-1. Feel free to correct me, but I can only really think of a few examples where he's let us down.

Saying he 'didn't come for a cross' doesn't count, in the same way as saying one of the defenders 'should' have blocked a cross, or headed it out. Name me something he has 'done' to cost us points.

This guy has had a MAGNIFICENT season, simple.

There shouldnt be anyone that would want him sold as he's the best keeper we've had since Tim Flowers.

He's saved us so many points this season, its crazy! Only time he's let himself down was Forest away when he prob cost us 2 points.

Yes if we get 5m etc for him then difficult to turn down but we HAVE to keep him, he'd Prem class for sure

Sell him for 5 mil and get Westwood in. 3rd choice at Sunderland. Or keep Kasper.

This.

I remember being gutted at us not signing Westwood from Cov, fantastic keeper. God knows why he went to Sunderland when they already had Mignolet and Gordon. If even Gordon's a safe bet to be injured he would still be their no.2.

Ideally, I want us to keep Kasper but I think he'd be a great replacement.

The points he's 'lost us' though, are no way near the amount he's saved us. Did he not just win player of the season, yet here you are slating arguably the best signing of the summer? ...also, saying he 'lost us' some points IS blaming him for 'losing points'. I can only really think of Forest for his red card that could be deemed as his fault and that made it 2-1. Feel free to correct me, but I can only really think of a few examples where he's let us down.

Saying he 'didn't come for a cross' doesn't count, in the same way as saying one of the defenders 'should' have blocked a cross, or headed it out. Name me something he has 'done' to cost us points.

He has saved us a lot of points, I never said different. He probably has saved more than he has dropped, just like most goalkeepers. I never slated him, I just said he could improve, as could most of our players, hence why they play for Leicester City and not Manchester City. He got player of season, but I didn't vote for him. I went for Nugent, who I think is the best signing of the summer. It's my opinion, we are all entitled to it. The Nottingham Forest game is an example, or I could even use Doncaster Rovers away.

There shouldnt be anyone that would want him sold as he's the best keeper we've had since Tim Flowers.

He's saved us so many points this season, its crazy! Only time he's let himself down was Forest away when he prob cost us 2 points.

Yes if we get 5m etc for him then difficult to turn down but we HAVE to keep him, he'd Prem class for sure

Tim Flowers never kicked seven straight goal kicks in too touch for the oppositions throw in , in one match half alone. Kaspar did against Burnley

I would say he has had a good season, but not magnificent. Some outstanding saves, and probably the best keeper between the posts when facing a penalty, but I think his communication with (an admittidely mixed) back 4 has been suspect at times. Too often there has been some confusion. I would be tempted to cash in if there was a substantial bid. Yes he has saved us points with his saves, but has been at fault for a few and cost us some.

Guest bss9401

Please... Kasper has been good or very good for most of his time with us but he aint no Walker, Wallington or Flowers. In a couple of years with the wind behind him he may be but I wouldnt be surprised if he remains a decent Championship level/benchwarming premier league goallie from here on in. I am happy with him but am not getting carried away.

Please... Kasper has been good or very good for most of his time with us but he aint no Walker, Wallington or Flowers. In a couple of years with the wind behind him he may be but I wouldnt be surprised if he remains a decent Championship level/benchwarming premier league goallie from here on in. I am happy with him but am not getting carried away.

You're right, he's much better. Walker was good, but he made far too many errors to be considered a top goalkeeper for us. Was well past his sell-by date by we brought him in.

Kasper is our best keeper since Flowers I think.

You're right, he's much better. Walker was good, but he made far too many errors to be considered a top goalkeeper for us. Was well past his sell-by date by we brought him in.

Kasper is our best keeper since Flowers I think.

That spell that Fulop had was pretty special.

Kasper is nothing short of a class keeper. Anybody that disagrees is simply displaying their lack of goalkeeping knowledge.

I am a goalkeeper myself and perhaps that's why I understand the complete extent of his ability. His distribution is absolutely fantastic. You won't find many other keepers' goal kicks from off the floor reach the edge of the opponent's box. He also has the passing ability of an outfield player.

His decision making is very, very good. Those saves that to most look somewhat simple are in fact great saves due to the timing and sharpness to come off his line at precisely the correct time.

Our fans, having got used to him, would be shocked at the relative handling skills of any replacement. His footwork is nimble, and he's brilliant in the air.

He is a premiership standard goalkeeper and keeping hold of him should be right up there on our list of priorities this pre-season.

Kasper is nothing short of a class keeper. Anybody that disagrees is simply displaying their lack of goalkeeping knowledge.

I am a goalkeeper myself and perhaps that's why I understand the complete extent of his ability. His distribution is absolutely fantastic. You won't find many other keepers' goal kicks from off the floor reach the edge of the opponent's box. He also has the passing ability of an outfield player.

His decision making is very, very good. Those saves that to most look somewhat simple are in fact great saves due to the timing and sharpness to come off his line at precisely the correct time.

Our fans, having got used to him, would be shocked at the relative handling skills of any replacement. His footwork is nimble, and he's brilliant in the air.

He is a premiership standard goalkeeper and keeping hold of him should be right up there on our list of priorities this pre-season.

Thanks for your input Peter

Why are you being sarcastic and condescending towards a fan that admires one of our players? It's really sad if we can't even show appreciation towards the talent we do have at this club, without being sniped by our own.

Why are you being sarcastic and condescending towards a fan that admires one of our players? It's really sad if we can't even show appreciation towards the talent we do have at this club, without being sniped by our own.

It's really sad when someone can't make a joke, without being sniped by our own.

Unless he was genuinely thanking him for his insight?

hahahahaha, very good!

the post this relates to has embellished Kasper a bit too much. He is good, but if he was truly world class he would have been snapped up by now. I like him, i'd like to see him develop, but he isn't AS amazing, as you think he is.

It's really sad when someone can't make a joke, without being sniped by our own.

What a great original retort. I don't think his tired cliché for a 'witty' remark deserves such a response.

Unless he was genuinely thanking him for his insight?

Obviously. I'll let him off the hook in that case ;)

hahahahaha, very good!

the post this relates to has embellished Kasper a bit too much. He is good, but if he was truly world class he would have been snapped up by now. I like him, i'd like to see him develop, but he isn't AS amazing, as you think he is.

Agreed, but as an amateur goalie and City fan you can understand his admiration. We've not had much positive talk about our players this season, so every little bit is refreshing.

Archived