Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tottenham interested in Kasper

Was about to say that myself. £2m + Cudecini (spelling?) and that would not be a bad bit of business imo. Really rate Kasper though. The best we have had here for a long time.

Considering he isn't quite as good as Cuducini I doubt such a deal would happen.

If ever we've had to be resilient! This is it! They won't pay more than 4 mil and 5 million would be the least I'd take! He's the best in our league! We need to dig deep and hold on to him!

I think Kasper on the whole has been great for us. His hesitation has become more apparent though. The Chelsea (first?) goal from the corner was a definite error and I thought Fryatt's goal he could have been out quicker and collected it, although I'm not sure if that was hesitation or mis communication.

I wouldn't want him to go. Still have no idea who you'd replace him with. Westwood not getting a look in at Sunderland anymore?

Covscum keeper is decent - Joe Murphy, if we need a replacement.

No, no he's not. This guy is shocking at crosses. Does the occasionally good save but for every save he makes he must make 4 or 5 errors. No wonder he's been in goal for two clubs who hav been relegated in successive seasons

No, no he's not. This guy is shocking at crosses. Does the occasionally good save but for every save he makes he must make 4 or 5 errors. No wonder he's been in goal for two clubs who hav been relegated in successive seasons

Hmm, when i've seen him hes been okay. But I don't see him play often. Murphy isn't as good as Kasper, but we'll struggle to get a decent keeper without being mugged off.

id let him go for 4 million at the least,decent keeper but not worth much more than 4 million

yes he is. de gea isnt worth £13m but United paid it, because he is one for the future. Kasper is still young and will improve so he should be sold for a high price. If he was sold for £4m I'd be pissed off (in fact if he was sold at all I'd be pissed)

yes he is. de gea isnt worth £13m but United paid it, because he is one for the future. Kasper is still young and will improve so he should be sold for a high price. If he was sold for £4m I'd be pissed off (in fact if he was sold at all I'd be pissed)

hes not worth more than 4 million,fair enough hes the best keeper we have had for a fair few years but he isnt premiership quality,and is just an average championship keeper,nothing special

hes not worth more than 4 million,fair enough hes the best keeper we have had for a fair few years but he isnt premiership quality,and is just an average championship keeper,nothing special

I could find 1000 people that disagree with you. I respect it's your opinion, but it is a little harsh on Kasper

Andy Lonergan was immense at the start of the season but has faded, same with Kasper last season. Leeds fans don't like Kasper due to his Man U connections, plus he came across as arrogant and was abusive to some Leeds fans on his twitter.

it must run in the family. Roy Keane wasnt the only player to have hit Peter as far as i know

I agree with those who say that Kasper is our best keeper in years.

However, and I guess this must be Pearson telling him to do it, those long kicks down to Beckford/Nuge don't work!!

Neither striker can control the ball well enough to make them meaningful, especially Beckford who has the control of a child.

Kasper's distribution isn't always accurate either.. I counted 7 times he hoofed it into touch against Burnley.

Great keeper, but stop that nonsense Pearson!

Why would they want Schmeichel, when we also have Conrad Logan? lol

I doubt he'll go, if anyone remembers he said he wants to stay at a club and actually see out his contract rather than moving every season. But obviously they don't always stick to what they say, hopefully in this case he does!

Behave. Are you on the wind up??

So what you are saying is every Leeds fan you've spoken to would prefer Andy Lonegan over Kasper Schmeichel??

Also, could you name the 'top keepers at this level' we can get for 2 million quid? I'm struggling to think of any.........

I know a lot of Leeds supporters and a number of people who work in the media. Not one rates Kasper as anything other than a decent shot stopper. I have not asked for comparisons with Lonegran but the feeling is that £1 million was a good deal for a keeper who conceded too many goals - they are no worse off without him. After all Leeds couldn't wait to get rid of him and I don't recall there being too many other bidders last summer!

I don't know who would be better as I don't watch other teams keepers in great detail. The point I was making that at this level £2 million is quite a bit of money for a keeper, and an experienced keeper with more presence than Schmeichel could be an asset that will help our defence. If he stays and we do well I would be happy to be proven wrong.

After being "the best keeper we've had in years" and "top quality, too good for us" when we had a bad patch, I cannot believe how fickle people are. Kasper is by far the best keeper we've had in many years. He is young and still learning. Problem in my eyes is Stowell. Himself an average keeper, and thinks he is a much better coach than he actually is. You can tell that by his attitude around the place. Kasper in. Stowell out.

Archived