Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tottenham interested in Kasper

Why would we sell casper Unless he really wanted to go? He has been a great keeper for us, and he always looks confident against penalties. You can tell he cares after every match. If we sell for under 8.5 million I will be disappointed, it's not like we desperately need the money.

Anyone saying sell for 2-4 million

Doesn't have a clue about Football, from the evidence so far, Casper is in the top 5 in the championship.

The rumours of 2milliom are ridiculous, the owners( if they watch other games like PL keepers for example) will not accept that.

Fair enough mate, I respect your opinion. I just feel last year £1million seemed a decent gamble. Granted nobody else came in for him, but the very fact just a year on Spurs are supposedly in for him proves he's got something about him. His age for a GK is superb, with many years left in front of him. Maybe he is seen as better than he is by some fans due to the shite thats preceded him in the sticks (Weale, Ricardo, Ikeme, Logan....), but I'm still struggling to think of many better 'keepers outside of the prem.

Hey, CONRAD LOGAN IS DECENT. He has been scape-goated to many times in the past. His reactions & decisions are good and deserves another chance. Name one over time when he has ****ed up apart from at West Brom? Weale on the other hand...

Yeah maybe a bit harsh putting him in with thaat list! He didn't cover himself in glory in THAT game at Pompey tho did he?!?

[Fair enough mate, I respect your opinion. I just feel last year £1million seemed a decent gamble. Granted nobody else came in for him, but the very fact just a year on Spurs are supposedly in for him proves he's got something about him. His age for a GK is superb, with many years left in front of him. Maybe he is seen as better than he is by some fans due to the shite thats preceded him in the sticks (Weale, Ricardo, Ikeme, Logan....), but I'm still struggling to think of many better 'keepers outside of the prem.

[/quote

Thanks. I should point out that I don't think he's a bad keeper at all, and we have certainly had worse in recent years. I also thought at the time that he along with Mills would prove to be one our best 2 signings under Sven. I think at his age he will improve and could become a very good keeper in the futrure. However with the money invested and the expectation at the club for immediate effect I think that a change could be good, as the defence needs work and a more assured, experienced and commanding presence could help with confidence at the back. However it is only an opinion and as I said before I am happy to be proved wrong

]

Friedel still top quality imo even at 40.

True, but I'm pretty sure both Spurs, and Friedel recognize this as his last 'full' season.

Yeah but he can't play forever, he will probably try to though lol

Needs to, with his debts too!

Kasper is not a 1st team keeper for a top 6 prem side (YET) IMO

There's still more for him to learn & he will improve if he's settled somewhere, his dad says he's the happiest he's ever been here & even said he should stay here

I think & hope he'll stay and he'll be better for it than being someone's under-study

Kasper is not a 1st team keeper for a top 6 prem side (YET) IMO

There's still more for him to learn & he will improve if he's settled somewhere, his dad says he's the happiest he's ever been here & even said he should stay here

I think & hope he'll stay and he'll be better for it than being someone's under-study

Completely agree. Hopefully he won't be swayed by pound signs or false promises.

Kasper Schmeichel today dismissed speculation linking him with a summer transfer and insisted: "I'm happy at Leicester City."

The goalkeeper has been one of the success stories of City's disappointing season' date=' but his performances have sparked reports of interest from British and European clubs.

"I am very happy here. It has been, on a personal level, one of the most enjoyable seasons of my career, and I really enjoy being here.

"Papers will talk, but I am contracted to be here and I like being here. I feel very settled here.

"I have a great professional life here. The training ground is amazing and we have some great coaches and manager.

"I enjoy coming in every day and training with Mike Stowell (goalkeeping coach) and the other lads. They are a good set of lads and that is all you can ask for.

"It is, for me, a very enjoyable time in my life. I have played a lot of games and I can't really ask for much more than that."

The former Manchester City keeper has moved around a lot during his career.

Kasper Schmeichel today dismissed speculation linking him with a summer transfer and insisted: "I'm happy at Leicester City."

The goalkeeper has been one of the success stories of City's disappointing season, but his performances have sparked reports of interest from British and European clubs.

He has had loan spells at Darlington, Bury, Falkirk, Cardiff and Coventry, before spending one season at Notts County and then last season at Leeds.

Schmeichel added: "I have been linked with so many clubs during my career and I take absolutely no notice of that stuff. It is all paper talk to me. I have moved about a lot in my career and it has never been a problem to me. It is still not a problem, meeting new people and new ways."

Schmeichel believes he has produced a consistent level of performance and has been reasonably happy with his form for City this season.

"My only aim is to play and be consistent," he said.

"Hopefully, I don't have too much to do but, when called upon, I need to be reliable.

"It is important that the back four know what they are going to get from their keeper.

"That is what I aim for and I hope I have done that."[/quote']

Archived