Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

At the end of the day we need anoter 2 strikers in the summer. With our budget £1million is quite cheap for a striker. I wouldn't have any problem with us signing him although i have to admit i don't think he'll be able to step up so many leagues.

How is Beckford bad value at £3m when Waghorn cost £3m and this guy who plays in the park is worth £1m - ????

31 goals in 34 games for Fleetwood, Conference Champions who have just been promoted to League 2, hardly a park player............

Posted this in the Vardy topic but was suppose to put it in here anyway:

Wouldn't mind 3 strikers personally I would prefer to replace beckford his attitude is shit and we don't want that Kind of attitude in our squad next season, would like Vardy,Cox and either 1 of chris wood or that lad Perbey ( think that's his name? )

Populist drivel

I'm sure he's still got contacts at the club :rolleyes:

Bite number 1.

But stringer Said so :) on a serious note tho I think he is worth the gamble he would know that people dont think he is good enough therefore will want to prove them wrong also I have watched him a few times with his pace and movement I think he is capable of beating most championship centre halves and he has proven for years that he has a eye for goal!!

He had one game against a Championship side this season and he ripped them (Blackpool) to shreds apparently (even though Blackpool did actually win 1-5). I really do think this lad could be a success for us. Not saying definitely but the way people write him off is unbelievable.

He's scored 11 league goals in total, admittedly in a better team but about half of his appearances have been from the bench. It's foolish to discount his recent performances too as that's when Reading have had most to play for. His goals helped them beat Soton at St Mary's which set them up pretty nicely for the title.

I'm not saying he's the best player in the world but a good example of someone stepping up from a lower league. Going down the leagues for players is always a gamble but I have no reason to not trust NP's judgement on Vardy.

I'm not saying he's done too badly but people go on like he's got some outstanding record.

Compared to Beckford, yes fair enough, but compared to Nugent? We didn't pay a penny for Nugent, who's scored more and set up more, that is surely a better deal?

floydthinking.png

Bite number 2.

Congrats to Happy Fox who avoided it when these two didn't.

Guest parky0607

Not sure how people on here are making judgements before theyve even seen him play. Just because he plays in non-league doesnt mean hes a bad player. Surely everyone has to start somewhere and surely its good that we are making efforts to scout our own players instead of spending stupid money on has beens.

Havng seen this guy play on numerous occasions I can safely say we will not make a loss on 1 million. He will also have the passion and attitude which most of our players have lacked this season.

I quite like the idea that he signs, turns out to be shit, gets lambasted by the city faithful to the point where he turns to burgers, cramming them into any and every available orifice at any time of day and night, and then the inevitable weight gain he will suffer will give us an opportunity to call him "Lardy Vardy"

I quite like the idea that he signs, turns out to be shit, gets lambasted by the city faithful to the point where he turns to burgers, cramming them into any and every available orifice at any time of day and night, and then the inevitable weight gain he will suffer will give us an opportunity to call him "Lardy Vardy"

Or if he gets mixed up and led astray by black gangsters we can call him " Yardy Vardy "

I've lost count of the number of our players who are Black gangsters. Dyer in particular is noted for running around threatening to " bust a cap " in someones ass, to anyone who will listen.

Bit Racist :ph34r:

Archived