Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Guest MattP

Shame to see Gotze go there, destroys the league for a good few seasons and I liked the young side Dortmund were building.

"Gotze was a player Guardiola wished to sign.

"He knows he owes a lot to the club, but I know he gave a lot back as well. Gotze wanted to work with an extraordinary coach. I cannot teach the 'Tika-taka' ways of Guardiola."

What Klopp had to say about Gotze.

Edited by Andy Kings Crown Jewels

It's Dortmund's own fault for allowing a release clause to be put in to his contract. And such a relatively low one at that, considering Gotze's achievements so far and potential.

On the whole, I'd love to see some comments a few months down the line about Bayern once Guardiola takes over. It'll be interesting to see how people who hate(d) Barca's play (now and when Pep was there) react when Bayern play like that.

'Fault' lol

Clearly when Götze signed his new Dortmund contract last year, he and the club compromised on wages by putting in a low-ish buyout clause.

Dortmund won't break their wage structure for one player, and rightly so. It's a shame - the timing and the destination more than anything - but he was always going to leave. Just hope they replace him with an Isco/Eriksen type before the rest of the side gets dismantled.

But, they haven't broken any rules. I can't stand buy-out clauses myself though. If I was manager I'd refuse to give any player one in their contract - what does it really show? They'll jump if someone offers enough? Fvck that.

It's Dortmund's own fault for allowing a release clause to be put in to his contract. And such a relatively low one at that, considering Gotze's achievements so far and potential.

Clearly when Götze signed his new Dortmund contract last year, he and the club compromised on wages by putting in a low-ish buyout clause.

I ask because I have no idea - in Germany do plyers have to have a buy out clause in their contract? They do in Spain (I'm pretty sure) so I was wondering if it was the same in other places.

'Fault' lol

Dortmund won't break their wage structure for one player, and rightly so. It's a shame - the timing and the destination more than anything - but he was always going to leave. Just hope they replace him with an Isco/Eriksen type before the rest of the side gets dismantled.

Maybe fault was the wrong choice of word. But following on from Dan's point, which I agree with, surely Dortmund knew what they were letting themselves in for with a relatively low buy-out clause? If a team comes in with that offer - he's gone. Dortmund surely should/would have envisaged that if they knew he had so much potential?

I do agree timing was ill-mannered towards Dortmund; clear what Bayern's intentions are there, though.

I ask because I have no idea - in Germany do plyers have to have a buy out clause in their contract? They do in Spain (I'm pretty sure) so I was wondering if it was the same in other places.

Spain, yiou're right, they have to. Right from the start of their first professional contracts.

Don't think it's the case for Germany.

If that's what was negotiated by his agent, Stan, then they had no choice. It's still a lot of money for a Bundesliga club.

As tor replacements, surely Isco is set for a Man City or a PSG? Eriksen is a reasonable shout, though. But keep in mind Dortmund have a terrific youth set up so may look to bring someone through.

With Reus, Kuba, Grosskreutz and co there they won't break the bank for a replacement.

Buy out clauses aren't mandatory in Germany. Mats Hummels, for example, definitely doesn't have one. His father (also his agent) has promised that he will still be in Dortmund next season and confirmed that there is no release clause in his contract.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dortmund show faith in either Bittencourt or Jonas Hoffman - both great talents - but they have only about 500 minutes of Bundesliga football between them.

Aki Watzke has already stated they'll spend in the summer - with Götze leaving and this CL run, I can see them spending €40m.

Buy out clauses aren't mandatory in Germany. Mats Hummels, for example, definitely doesn't have one. His father (also his agent) has promised that he will still be in Dortmund next season and confirmed that there is no release clause in his contract.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dortmund show faith in either Bittencourt or Jonas Hoffman - both great talents - but they have only about 500 minutes of Bundesliga football between them.

Aki Watzke has already stated they'll spend in the summer - with Götze leaving and this CL run, I can see them spending €40m.

Meant to be after Dzeko aren't they? They'll be alright in the end.

How highly is Leonardo Bittencourt rated these days?

Two first team appearances all season, he's still very young. He's likely behind Leitner in the pecking order although he's a more natural attacker than Leitner.

He generally prefers the deeper lying roll but he's had to be a little more versatile as Gundogan has come on to be one of the most stable and mature playmakers in Europe.

Guest MattP

Is Borussia Dortmund the most likeable club in world football?

Certainly up there.

Along with Rangers and Lazio. :ph34r:

Edited by MattP

A month ago or so, Lewandowski stated that he wanted to leave Dortmund in the summer and a couple of English clubs have already announced they're willing to sign him for a bargain price of around 40 million Euro.

Among the pursuers are both Manchester United and Manchester City, as well as Chelsea. Bayern have been mentioned earlier, too.

Of course, Dortmund are in a tough position. Lewandowski can leave the club at the end of the 2013/2014 season for free.

The moral dilemma of it all: Do you keep the guy for another year and have a player that could possibly upset the rest of the squad or do you cash in big-time now?

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest MattP

Despite what Dortmund say I would be amazed if Dortmund kept him next season.

They don't need the money anymore but they could probably grab 40million for a player who will walk away after a year. It's the sensible decision to sell.

Despite what Dortmund say I would be amazed if Dortmund kept him next season.

They don't need the money anymore but they could probably grab 40million for a player who will walk away after a year. It's the sensible decision to sell.

I'd be amazed if he went for that much, really. Twenty maybe.

I'd imagine a lot will weigh on possible replacements and how much they think he'll work for them if he feels forced to stay.

Given he has a well documented interest in the Premiership, I think if a reasonable English offer came in he'd go.

Swap for Dzeko?

Guest MattP

I'd be amazed if he went for that much, really. Twenty maybe.

I'd imagine a lot will weigh on possible replacements and how much they think he'll work for them if he feels forced to stay.

Given he has a well documented interest in the Premiership, I think if a reasonable English offer came in he'd go.

Swap for Dzeko?

Would be a sensible move all round, Dzeko has proved he can bag loads over there.

I don't think 40 is anymore, that performance last night stuck 10million on and they were touching 30 before that. 25million +Dzeko, I think Man City would go for that.

I can't believe Dortmund would just let him run out a season and go on a free.