Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Victor Valdes to sign for Monaco today too according to Eurosport.

Barca will def need a new keeper now!

They've probably been looking for a while cos I don't think he was planning to be at Barca next season anyway.

I wonder if they'll try and poach someone like Weidenfeller.

They've probably been looking for a while cos I don't think he was planning to be at Barca next season anyway.

I wonder if they'll try and poach someone like Weidenfeller.

I'd be stunned if Weidenfeller ever left Germany. I bet he's the sort that goes on holiday to Braunschweig. 

Although with these English skills I'd take him here....

PSG's sporting director Leonardo has been banned for nine months and PSG possibly docked three points for this harmless :whistle: incident following the Paris - Valenciennes game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omtfl-SC3m4&feature=youtu.be

"... the LFP confirmed on its official website it had now suspended him for nine months, with the ban keeping him from "the touchline, the referees' dressing room and all official functions".

PSG reacted angrily to the punishment, and have decided to appeal against the ban."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2333559/PSG-director-Leonardo-banned-months-barging-referee.html

Edited by MC Prussian

I love it - The French word "bousculer" means "to jostle". 

And that's exactly what it was.  Not an assault.  Not a shoulder charge.  Just a little harmless jostling.

I think 9 months is a tad harsh, in the circumstances.

Valdes now staying for a year.

On a side note has anyone seen the wepons italian police found hidden in underpasses during the rome derby of th italian cup final.

Lovely lot of axes, ice picks if they had been used they could have caused some serious damage after the game.

If that 15 minutes or so was anything to go by Oliver Torres of Atletico will be one hell of a player. Great last 5 minutes in that game, too. 0-0 at 85 mins, Atleti went 1-0 up, equaliser on 90 mins and Diego Costa bagged twice in injury time to end it 3-1. 

Sociedad and Atletico in the Champions League next year. Can't wait to watch 'em both. 

Deportivo, Zaragoza and Mallorca (despite winning 4-2) are all relegated. 

Edited by ScouseFox

And Bayern completed the treble earlier on with a thoroughly entertaining 3-2 win over Stuttgart in the German Cup final. Were 3-0 up and got pegged back to 3-2. Were hanging on in injury time. Comfortably the best team in the world atm, though. 

Neymar signs for Barcelona. Well this is a big gamble on a player that is clearly underweight (60kg at 5ft9 tall) but a good --although sometimes selfish-- talent none the less.  I suppose he'd be more adapted to the Spanish league, where lots of slight players do well, as it is not as rough tough as the Prem?

Neymar signs for Barcelona. Well this is a big gamble on a player that is clearly underweight (60kg at 5ft9 tall) but a good --although sometimes selfish-- talent none the less.  I suppose he'd be more adapted to the Spanish league, where lots of slight players do well, as it is not as rough tough as the Prem?

Yep, he'd be terrible on a wet tuesday night at stoke.

Yep, he'd be terrible on a wet tuesday night at stoke.

You say that Ironically, but in all the games I have seen him play (only about 10 granted), he has been marked tightly and has been completely ineffective against sides with more physical players stood next to him. I understand he is potentially a good player, but from what I have seen he is nowhere near quality yet.

According to latest news reports, Robert Lewandowski is highly likely to stay put at Dortmund and is most definitely not going to Bayern.

Borussia CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke told the Polish international to fulfill his final year of the contract.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/10/robert-lewandowski-borussia-dortmund-bayern-munich

Not happy that Milan are close to nicking Poli from Sampdoria. I follow them and this lad is mustard. Especially as Inter have already signed their other best young player Icardi. I think Samp will struggle next year, sadly.