Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Madrid were sensational last night, that's how counter attacking Football should be played. Angel Di Maria was pretty impressive as well as Ronaldo, Alonso, Varane and Ramos.

I don't know if anyone else thinks the same but I've never seen Lionel Messi so quiet in 90 minutes - he had his free kick that just went wide but that was it really. Also that isn't me slating Messi either before anyone assumes that.

God help Man United if that kind of Madrid turn up at Old Trafford next week and Barcelona need a huge kick up the arse if they are going to get past AC Milan.

It can't help having directions sent from a New York clinic bed, but it put's pay to the "just stick them on the pitch and let them play" myth.

Can get away with it in the league I think as 90% of tthe time they will have enough but these games like Milan away and one off cup games against sides like Real you clearly need something on the sideline to assess it. They were sticking Pique up front for the last 5 mins against Milan at times when 1-0 down, with a 2nd leg to go that's the work of a desperate manager well out of his depth.

• 1 month later...

In other news this evening, if you're not interested in the Manchester Derby, how about following the clash of the titans in the Zweite Bundesliga in Germany instead?

Hertha Berlin play at home against Braunschweig. That's first against second in the table.

Both teams are likely to be automatically promoted comes the end of the season.

I fancy Braunschweig, always liked the underdog.

Plus, they'd be back where they once were.

And in case you didn't know, Braunschweig were the team that once introduced shirt sponsorship in the Bundesliga, back in 1972:

eintracht-braunschweig-jaergemeister-256888.jpg

And Hernanes has just smashed Lazio into the lead with a fúcking stunner. Insane atmosphere.

Went from hero to zero to even bigger zero by missing a penalty and then giving a penalty away. Been the obligatory red card in this one too, great game.

• 2 weeks later...