Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Bordeaux had the type of finish to a season that Leicester needed. Fantastic unbeaten run to take 5th spot and European football when looking completely out of it (15pts behind) with only the final part of the season to play.

Well done the blues.

Juve manager Antonio Conte is placed under investigation for match fixing by Italian police.

19 people, including 11 players among them Lazio captain Stefano Mauri were arrested.

Conte's involvement is alleged to be from his time at Siena.

ahh Siena!

Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti suggests suspending Italian football for 2-3 years!

This won't happen I'm sure, a country in such financial turmoil isn't going to grind to a halt such a large industry, leaving thousands out of jobs and risking the future their game.

It's just his opinion and not an official government stance but it goes to show how serious these new allegations are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18255386

• 2 weeks later...

Sampdoria Genua have gained promotion to the Serie A.

They beat Varese in the playoff finals (two legs), winning both matches (1-0 and 3-2 respectively).

Has their season ended today or is that from a while ago?

• 2 weeks later...

Ralf Rangnick joins Red Bull Salzburg as Sporting Director, Gerard Houllier joins as Global Sports Director (!!??) and Roger Schmidt as Head Coach.

To oversee Red BUlls' clubs worldwide

• 2 weeks later...

PSG sign Ezequiel Lavezzi from Napoli for €30m.

Unless Carlo somehow manages to create an inharmonious, un-gelled squad, I'd be shock to see anyone really challenging PSG this season with other clubs shedding some of their best players.

Lyon will be their closest challengers this season, IF (big if) they manage to keep hold of Lopez and Loris.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone want to become a shareholder in a historic Spanish football club (17th in the all time La Liga table) which has had a hand in producing players including Juan Mata, Michu and Santi Cazorla? Real Oviedo are in serious trouble after years of mismanagement (ending up in the fourth division after being in La Liga in 2000/01) and need some serious help to stay afloat.

There's a bit more information about it here:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/la_liga/145659/real-oviedo-teeter-on-precipice-of-extinction-offer-e10-shares-to-football-fans-to-help-save-club.html

And if you're interested you can buy shares here:

http://www.yosoyelrealoviedo.com/ingles/index.html

I own two because I am HIGH ROLLING

• Like 4