Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Anyone want to become a shareholder in a historic Spanish football club (17th in the all time La Liga table) which has had a hand in producing players including Juan Mata, Michu and Santi Cazorla? Real Oviedo are in serious trouble after years of mismanagement (ending up in the fourth division after being in La Liga in 2000/01) and need some serious help to stay afloat.

There's a bit more information about it here:

http://www.whoateall...-save-club.html

And if you're interested you can buy shares here:

http://www.yosoyelre...gles/index.html

I own two because I am HIGH ROLLING

I'm probably going to stick some money in, why not, do you know if these are actual real shares, how much one share represents in terms of %, can you sell these shares later on, will you get a dividend from them, or is just a charitable gesture.

If it is just charity, then I will probably only get a couple, but if there is actually any chance of getting some return, even if less then what I put in, I would be much more tempted to throw a bit more in.

I'm probably going to stick some money in, why not, do you know if these are actual real shares, how much one share represents in terms of %, can you sell these shares later on, will you get a dividend from them, or is just a charitable gesture.

If it is just charity, then I will probably only get a couple, but if there is actually any chance of getting some return, even if less then what I put in, I would be much more tempted to throw a bit more in.

Sid Lowe's advice was to treat it more as a charity donation rather than an actual investment. I'm not sure whether that's just because he doesn't want to be held responsible for anything or what. In short, I've no idea, but I do know I'm big pimpin' with my TWO shares. Form an orderly ladies

I got a reply on Twitter from Sid Lowe about Muzzy Izzet's overhead kick against Grimsby. To this day it remains the closest I've ever been to being 'at one with the celebs.'

My finest ever Twitter moment was referencing Partridge (Sunday Bloody Sunday) when Iwan Roberts thought "I don't like Mondays" was just about not enjoying work on a Monday. He replied and all. Magnificent times

Another club going to the wall because of bad financial management chasing the dream and other greedy clubs sucking up too much of the country's footballing wealth.

Rather than someone a thousand miles away sticking in a few bob why dont the local FA manage the flow of cash from the TV amd advertising pool more evenly.

Haha that's funny because I have a speech impediment. What bastard put an S in the word lisp?!?

The same person who made dyslexia such a hard word to spell...

...God, because he hates you.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Real buy stake in Oviedo to help keep club afloat

MADRID, Nov 11 (Reuters) - Real Madrid have invested 100,000 euros ($127,100) in a capital increase launched by Real Oviedo as the struggling former top-flight club tries to raise cash to stay afloat.

Real director general Jose Angel Sanchez had informed Oviedo president Toni Fidalgo that the world's richest club by income, with annual earnings of more than 500 million euros, had decided to help out their Asturian rivals, Oviedo said in a statement on their website (www.realoviedo.es).

Oviedo were relegated from the first division in 2001 after a club-record 13 seasons in the top flight and dropped down to the Segunda B, or third tier, two years later.

Financial problems, including delays in wage payments to players, resulted in a further level for two seasons before they returned to Segunda B. ($1 = 0.7868 euros)

Any freebies if you buy?

i want a signed shirt.

I think you get free tickets if you're ever down Oviedo way.

Aside from the satisfaction of become part-owner of an 86-year-old football club, tangible incentives put forward by Oviedo include a share certificate and free tickets to any foreign shareholders visiting the city.

I've just bought a share via paypal and I've just realised I didn't give my address. How will they send me my certificate?

I've just found the English version. I didn't put my passport number either. :(

Edited by Webbo