Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

The Rome Derby looks amazing. So much smoke. So much segregation. So much noise. And Totti is still playing.

Went to a Rome derby in 2008. Roma won 3-2. It was Lazio's away game and went in their end.

Was ****ing unreal. Lazio took the lead after 5 mins never known celebrations like it.

Went to a Rome derby in 2008. Roma won 3-2. It was Lazio's away game and went in their end.

Was ****ing unreal. Lazio took the lead after 5 mins never known celebrations like it.

Must've been carnage. I remember watching a Danny Dyer programme when he went to it and spent a half in either end, Lazio won 3-0 and he absolutely shit himself when they scored haha.

Hertha BSC Berlin have been promoted to the Bundesliga once more - for the sixth time after 1968, 1982, 1990, 1997 and 2011.

They beat lowly Sandhausen 1-0 at home with a 85th minute winner by Lasogga and cannot be caught by the third placed team in the 2. Bundesliga.

Meanwhile, Braunschweig's motor is stuttering again, but it looks like they'll be promoted alongside Hertha soon.

They only need three points out of their four remaining fixtures.

In Ligue 2, Monaco are set to return to the highest French football league. The league leaders are playing 17th placed Clermont tonight and have already a four-point cushion over Nantes in second place.

The race for the two additional automatic promotion spots is pretty open - Nantes, Guingamp (Knockaert's former team), Angers, Caen, Nîmes and even Le Havre still have chances of making the cut.

Noticed that Marseille were second in Ligue 1 last night with a goal difference of just +5! Must be close to a record at this late stage?!

They've won 15 games by 1 goal this season. It's like the French opposite of us!

seems to be legit, they've activated his release clause by all accounts. bayern are quality as it is, add in gotze and pep as manager and i for one can't wait to see how good they are next season!

Edited by ballso

They are willing to splash out 37 million Euro for Götze (that's somewhere around £31m to £32m).

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/04/22/bayern-munich-pounce-for-arsenal-target-mario-gotze-by-activating-release-clause/84222/

German yellow press leader "Bild" is often quoted as the main source of information.

Absolutely zero class shown by Bayern as usual. Incredibly malicious time to leak it to Bild right before Dortmund's biggest game of the season.

Hoeneß the tax dodger has commented in the last few weeks that he feared a Spanish situation where two teams dominated. Most felt at the time it was a comment and concern regarding the relative quality of the Bundesliga; now it's evident that he wants a one-team league. Unbelievable.

Really disappointed with that, he's struck up a fabulous understanding with Marco Reus.

Dortmund is a fabulous work in progress with a real chance of CL honours.

Shame they don't have the clout to hold on to their most promising. Still, it leaves room for someone like Leitner to step up.

Hardly Financial Fair Play is it? After Hoeness' comments about the Man Citys and PSGs this is just a tad hypocritical.

I don't see the problem. German clubs have their finances regulated by their FA and typically aren't just bankrolled by some excessive billionaire.

And as much as I think it's sad that he's leaving Dortmund, BVB knowingly gave him a contract with an achievable buyout clause. Nobody's done anything unethical.

I guess Guardiola and Bayern see Götze as the German Messi, the centerpiece of the squad.

Tough news for all Dortmund fans and people who dislike the Bavarian Monster, but no one has breached any rules here.

Götze just activated the respective clause in his contract.

And Bayern are one of the richest clubs in the world with little to no debt. They mean serious business (ignoring the Hoeness affair).

I do hope that Dortmund will invest this money wisely.

I agree and think it's a shame that what was known as the real competitive league of Western Europe is now arguably the most one sided of the lot.

But, they haven't broken any rules. I can't stand buy-out clauses myself though. If I was manager I'd refuse to give any player one in their contract - what does it really show? They'll jump if someone offers enough? Fvck that.

The good thing about Dortmund is that they'll go and replace him for under £10mil and he'll probably end up about as good. Although I do wonder if they'll go for Isco.

Gotze to Bayern??!! Can't believe Dortmund have agreed to that. I hope not but that could be a bit of a death knell for the level of competition in the Bundesliga.

It's Dortmund's own fault for allowing a release clause to be put in to his contract. And such a relatively low one at that, considering Gotze's achievements so far and potential.

On the whole, I'd love to see some comments a few months down the line about Bayern once Guardiola takes over. It'll be interesting to see how people who hate(d) Barca's play (now and when Pep was there) react when Bayern play like that.

I don't actually think Bayern will adopt the exact same style. They won't have two players like Xavi/Iniesta there, they'll have players with about as much ability but not necessarily in the style of them pair.

I definitely think he plans on using Gotze in a Messi-like role though and I think Gotze isn't as good as Messi, but he won't be far off, phenomenal talent.

You've got to ask where it leaves the likes of Mandzukic, Gomez & Pizarro who are all scoring for fun. Surely none of them will fit in the style Guardiola wants to use?

I'm going to make a prediction, most likely wrong. Mario Gomez to Arsenal.