Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

... what

Yep! 

He said it was bad that Cagliari fans were doing the monkey chants all game but Kean shouldn't have celebrated in front of them and instead should celebrate with his team mates. 

12 hours ago, steveherbe said:

That Villareal Barcelona game was absolutely brilliant. Villa 4 2 up, 90th minute Messi free kick, then Suarez equalises with the last kick of the game. Made our PL look stale and boring. And, Iborra, what a player. We thought he was a defensive midfielder, how wrong were we? Played as a 10, and got man of the match i think. Loving La Liga live, more to come saturday evening, will be so much better than our FA cup semi final.

Fantastic match to watch, the tension, the drama, Barcelona squandering a 2-0 lead, on the way to lose it 4-2, 4-4 in the end.

Kudos to Villarreal, they really have a great team at present and play very entertaining football.

Imagine hearing your own manager and team mate tell the press that you're partly at fault for receiving racist abuse during a match because you stood up for yourself celebrating a goal 5 minutes from the end.  Pathetic.

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I can see where Bonucci is coming from tbf, he further provoked it I guess, saying it's 50/50 is beyond daft though. I was surprised it was cagilari that seems like one of the nicest clubs in Italy 

The goal was in the 85th minute, he'd been tolerating it pretty much the entire game.  He provoked nothing.  I don't class standing up to racists and refusing to be intimidated by them as 'provocation' anyway, I call it refusing to appease the troglodytes.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The goal was in the 85th minute, he'd been tolerating it pretty much the entire game.  He provoked nothing.  I don't class standing up to racists and refusing to be intimidated by them as 'provocation' anyway, I call it refusing to appease the troglodytes.

Nah I completely agree, but I think showing emotion like that showing they've clearly riled him up is only going to increase the matter, and for the record i dont blame him at all I'm sure I'd do something like that and maybe been worse if I bagged against them,especially at his age. But I do kind of see where Bonucci is attempting to come from

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I guess it boils down to the question whether you should be fighting fire with fire, or whether it'd have sufficed to celebrate normally, maybe that would've had even the more lasting effect.

As it stands, it just riles the crowd even more and could potentially lead to even more hatred in the future. But of course, that remains to be seen, Cagliari's next home match should be rather telling...

I just think there must be better ways to break that vicious circle.

Besides, Kean's gesture also aimes at fans in that corner that have nothing to do with the retarded racists among them.

I'd be cautious to throw them all in the same pot.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I guess it boils down to the question whether you should be fighting fire with fire, or whether it'd have sufficed to celebrate normally, maybe that would've had even the more lasting effect.

As it stands, it just riles the crowd even more and could potentially lead to even more hatred in the future. But of course, that remains to be seen, Cagliari's next home match should be rather telling...

Besides, Kean's gesture also aimes at fans in that corner that have nothing to do with the retarded racists among them.

You actually can't help yourself, can you?  "Fighting fire with fire", I've not heard anything that ridiculous since, well I guess earlier today actually when I read about Bonucci claiming it was a 50/50 contribution.  You've literally just said that racial abuse and standing silently in defiance for a few seconds are pretty much the same thing. Have a rest. lol 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yeah you’re really not the guy to be discussing this given some of the shit you’ve spouted on here. Back in your box 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

You actually can't help yourself, can you?  "Fighting fire with fire", I've not heard anything that ridiculous since, well I guess earlier today actually when I read about Bonucci claiming it was a 50/50 contribution.  You've literally just said that racial abuse and standing silently in defiance for a few seconds are pretty much the same thing. Have a rest. lol 

Continue to keep putting words in my mouth. lol

Kean has every right to do what he did, I'm just saying he could've done it better. And that it adds pretty much nothing to the solution of the problem.

But carry on...

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Continue to keep putting words in my mouth. lol

Kean has every right to do what he did, I'm just saying he could've done it better. And that it adds pretty much nothing to the solution of the problem.

But carry on...

You can't keep saying this every time somebody points out how ill-informed your utterances are.  The funny thing is I anticipated you trying to pull that one so I was very careful to quote and respond to the exact words that you used.  Just stop.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You can't keep saying this every time somebody points out how ill-informed your utterances are.  The funny thing is I anticipated you trying to pull that one so I was very careful to quote and respond to the exact words that you used.  Just stop.

Yes, I can.

Secondly, "ill-informed"... Well, your opinion.

You use the word "defiance", which can be seen as "challenge", some might interpret that as a kind of provocation in itself.

I'm saying Kean could've done better and ignored the idiots, that would've really hurt the lot. You think they'll think about changing their attitude now? Showing off in "defiance" does not resolve the issue, it just keeps adding fuel to the fire, something another poster pointed out. Hence my "fighting fire with fire" response.

24 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yes, I can.

You use the word "defiance", which can be seen as "challenge", some might interpret that as a kind of provocation in itself.

I'm saying Kean could've done better and ignored the idiots, that would've really hurt the lot. You think they'll think about changing their attitude now? Showing off in "defiance" does not resolve the issue, it just keeps adding fuel to the fire, something another poster pointed out. Hence my "fighting fire with fire" response.

Yeah but it can also give a massive fvck you to the fans after getting caned with racial abuse for the whole game. Score a goal and then effectively do this...

fuck_off_jack_nicholson.gif

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Yes, I can.

So the young black player should be quiet and do his job and ignore the blatant racist abuse? 

I could maybe, maaaaaybe, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe stretch to accepting that in England where racist abuse by and large really is just one brain dead drunk idiot out of 30'000 in a stadium (but not really because seriously no racism should be ignored.)

But in Italy where its still a massive institutional problem in their football?

**** off, Alex. When you came out with the disgusting shit about women I raised an eyebrow, it never seemed like you. I know we've had disagreements over the years but I always used to look up to you as a pretty open minded, well travelled, worldly person. Now I can't work out if you're trolling because you're bored or if you really are just such a nasty little bigot. Maybe you were always this way and I never noticed. 

But Jesus, just stop wading in and putting your foot in it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

So the young black player should be quiet and do his job and ignore the blatant racist abuse? 

I could maybe, maaaaaybe, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe stretch to accepting that in England where racist abuse by and large really is just one brain dead drunk idiot out of 30'000 in a stadium (but not really because seriously no racism should be ignored.)

But in Italy where its still a massive institutional problem in their football?

**** off, Alex. When you came out with the disgusting shit about women I raised an eyebrow, it never seemed like you. I know we've had disagreements over the years but I always used to look up to you as a pretty open minded, well travelled, worldly person. Now I can't work out if you're trolling because you're bored or if you really are just such a nasty little bigot. Maybe you were always this way and I never noticed. 

But Jesus, just stop wading in and putting your foot in it. 

And it’s taken you this long to reach this conclusion?

Looking up to MC Prussian?

Fooks sake...

Edited by Col city fan