Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@MattPyou know there's a load of these documentary series going round on like the Man City one? There's a Juventus one, think there's an Arizona Cardinals one.

Well I'm not sure if you know but I just saw found a Boca Juniors one on Netflix, thought that might interest you. 

Cheers mate will watch that.

If you haven't seen it already, you should check out the mayhem at the end of the Galatasaray v Fenerbahce game.

I can't make out who it is, but one of the players does some absolutely top drawer running away... 

If you're wondering what Didier Drogba is up to these days, he's living his best life.

He's part of a consortium of businessmen and B-list celebs that owns Phoenix Rising in the USL (USA 2nd division), and he's still playing at 40.

He doesn't play every game, but as you can imagine, he dominates when he does. There was a game earlier this year when just before he delivered a free kick, he walked over to fans seated at a table nearby, took their water and drank it, told them Phoenix would score on the ensuing free kick, and then dropped the ball right on a teammate's head for the assist.

He's also carried the team to win the Western Conference and play in the league championship game this year--he's scored in every playoff game (including a 35-yard free kick), played in the back line when a defender got injured, and has just been the man.

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 1

They've decided to ban each others away following for the two matches, bit of a shame.

Even more of a shame is we are about the only football loving nation in the World that doesn't get coverage.

On 06/11/2018 at 20:17, MattP said:

They've decided to ban each others away following for the two matches, bit of a shame.

Even more of a shame is we are about the only football loving nation in the World that doesn't get coverage.

No doubt you've seen this Matt but it's been announced this morning that FreeSports will have coverage, free channel you should have on any Sky / Virgin / Freeview box. Both legs.

9 minutes ago, Langston said:

No doubt you've seen this Matt but it's been announced this morning that FreeSports will have coverage, free channel you should have on any Sky / Virgin / Freeview box. Both legs.

Superb stuff, a right bonus for Saturday nights. 

On 03/11/2018 at 12:42, Vacamion said:

If you haven't seen it already, you should check out the mayhem at the end of the Galatasaray v Fenerbahce game.

I can't make out who it is, but one of the players does some absolutely top drawer running away... 

Isn't that the same match up that Souness, as manager of Fenerbache, took his teams flag and planted it in the centre circle in the away ground?

Love him or loathe him, you have to admire his balls.

I've never been one to shy away from physical confrontation but I'm not sure I'd have had the nuts to do that.

Fair play.

43 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Dortmund come from 2-1 down against bayern Munich to lead 3-2 after 70 minutes. 

Great game. 

Banger of a game, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

We need to send more Englishmen to train at Dortmund, that Sancho kid has a bright future if he carries on like that.

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Dortmund come from 2-1 down against bayern Munich to lead 3-2 after 70 minutes. 

Great game. 

my BvB, my Biena maja.  Looks like we have got a great squad building up,to shake down the Bayern,over the season!!!

Reus hopefully putting the big injury set backs behind him...

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Seriously tough job lol

One of my biggest bugbears in football is when referees walk backwards when players confront them, just a complete lack of authority - this guy is the total opposite.

Haven't been following the build up or Argie football for years, where's Gallardo?