Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Proper end to a game, that.

River smash one in from outside the box. 

Boca go all out to get an equaliser. Hit the post. Keeper up for a corner, nearly gets on the end of it. River go and score at the other end.

Imagine the scenes if it was still at El Monumental :wub:

• 1 month later...

The club of @SheppyFox ‘s dreams?

Turkish second division side Elazigspor set a new record when they signed and registered 22 players in less than two hours on transfer deadline day.

Elazigspor achieved the feat after negotiating an end to a transfer ban imposed by the Turkish FA as the deadline loomed. Incredibly, that was enough time for them to bring in 22 new faces, 12 arriving on permanent contracts and 10 loan deals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

The club of @SheppyFox ‘s dreams?

Turkish second division side Elazigspor set a new record when they signed and registered 22 players in less than two hours on transfer deadline day.

Elazigspor achieved the feat after negotiating an end to a transfer ban imposed by the Turkish FA as the deadline loomed. Incredibly, that was enough time for them to bring in 22 new faces, 12 arriving on permanent contracts and 10 loan deals.

Most exciting thing for a fan that is! I’m buying a shirt as we speak ???

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2019 at 10:32, StanSP said:

@Col city fan do you still watch A-League football?

Is that even a question Stan!

Of course...

Perth are running away with it this season and you have to feel a little sorry for the Marriners. Just can’t hold onto leads!

It’s on mi bucket list to get me and the Mrs over to Melbourne to watch the big blue.

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is that even a question Stan!

Of course...

Perth are running away with it this season and you have to feel a little sorry for the Marriners. Just can’t hold onto leads!

It’s on mi bucket list to get me and the Mrs over to Melbourne to watch the big blue.

Haha just wondered if you watch Adelaide vs Brisbane the other week. 7 goals, 3 red cards and the latter surrendering a 3-0 lead. 

Perth are smashing it this season. New management seems to be working. Hope they go on to win the whole thing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Haha just wondered if you watch Adelaide vs Brisbane the other week. 7 goals, 3 red cards and the latter surrendering a 3-0 lead. 

Perth are smashing it this season. New management seems to be working. Hope they go on to win the whole thing. 

I watched that game, pure brilliance. 

I did see the ground FC Sydney played at this weekend. Looked good fun. 

• 1 month later...

I know a few of you are fans of German football, do any of you have experience in getting tickets? Basically going on a stag in Dusseldorf in May. Dusseldorf are away so we are looking at going to Monchengladbach. We have checked the website and it looks close to a sell out on the Saturday which is annoying! IS there any chance of getting tickets when we are there? Like touts ? Secondary sellers etc.?

Any information would be great, or any teams locally to Dusseldorf that play on the 4th May?! that would be good to go to.

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I know a few of you are fans of German football, do any of you have experience in getting tickets? Basically going on a stag in Dusseldorf in May. Dusseldorf are away so we are looking at going to Monchengladbach. We have checked the website and it looks close to a sell out on the Saturday which is annoying! IS there any chance of getting tickets when we are there? Like touts ? Secondary sellers etc.?

Any information would be great, or any teams locally to Dusseldorf that play on the 4th May?! that would be good to go to.

Gladbach will probably operate a secondary seller system and the odd ticket will be pop up online (ultimately you'll struggle to get tickets together for a big group). It's no surprise all but sold out given Gladbach will be fighting for a CL place. 

Bochum are at home and that's 45 mins away for Dusseldorf. Tickets be fine. 

Failing that you are slumming it in the fourth tier - Dusseldorf reserves play Koln reserves, Viktoria Koln are at home, Wuppertal play nearby Bonn. The biggest game in that division of Oberhausen v Essen is on the Sunday. 

You have lucked out for the Saturday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Gladbach will probably operate a secondary seller system and the odd ticket will be pop up online (ultimately you'll struggle to get tickets together for a big group). It's no surprise all but sold out given Gladbach will be fighting for a CL place. 

Bochum are at home and that's 45 mins away for Dusseldorf. Tickets be fine. 

Failing that you are slumming it in the fourth tier - Dusseldorf reserves play Koln reserves, Viktoria Koln are at home, Wuppertal play nearby Bonn. The biggest game in that division of Oberhausen v Essen is on the Sunday. 

You have lucked out for the Saturday. 

Yeah tell me about it about the Saturday!

I think we are going to go for Bochum seems like the best option.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Villarreal vs Barca live on ITV4 right now. Barca 2-0 up. 
Iborra is playing and had a header saved by Ter Stegen early on when it was 0-0.

Thanks for posting that. Turned on at 0-2. I can't remember seeing a more entertaining match on TV. 

• Like 1

Ever so unfortunate for Villarreal. They deserved the win and 3 points for taking the game to Barca like that. 

The goals from Messi and Suarez, given the timing and circumstance of the game, were brilliant. Messi scoring another free kick lol

Loved that Barca came back not to lose that but actually felt sorry for Villarreal when the Suarez went in. Especially seeing Cazorla at the end. 

That Villareal Barcelona game was absolutely brilliant. Villa 4 2 up, 90th minute Messi free kick, then Suarez equalises with the last kick of the game. Made our PL look stale and boring. And, Iborra, what a player. We thought he was a defensive midfielder, how wrong were we? Played as a 10, and got man of the match i think. Loving La Liga live, more to come saturday evening, will be so much better than our FA cup semi final.