Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Was it a bit inappropriate? Aye but calm down, you're acting like he cock slapped her on stage

He mentally raped her you incel.

No Nobbs at women's football world cup (ready for the jokes):giggle:

Arsenal and England midfielder Jordan Nobbs will miss 2019 womens world cup after rupturing anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee.

Phil Neville " the girls are going to really miss Nobbs at the world cup " :P

MLS Cup Final on sky sports news right now. I know there's going to be a lot of you bemoaning the MLS but the standard has come on in leaps and bounds the last few seasons. I've followed the leave for several years now and have become a big Portland Timbers fan over the last few seasons because I found a few tenuous links to Leicester City (they had Jack Barmby on loan from us a couple of seasons back, and Kasey Keller started his career with the Timbers)

It's Atlanta Vs Portland in the cup final. When I woke up this morning I was much more excited about the Timbers game than the Leicester game ?

8 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

MLS Cup Final on sky sports news right now. I know there's going to be a lot of you bemoaning the MLS but the standard has come on in leaps and bounds the last few seasons. I've followed the leave for several years now and have become a big Portland Timbers fan over the last few seasons because I found a few tenuous links to Leicester City (they had Jack Barmby on loan from us a couple of seasons back, and Kasey Keller started his career with the Timbers)

It's Atlanta Vs Portland in the cup final. When I woke up this morning I was much more excited about the Timbers game than the Leicester game ?

Josef and Almiron for Leicester. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Commentators were saying last night it would cost in the region of £20m for Josef Martinez. Looks to be worth every penny of that! And he's only 25

gotta snap him up at that kind of price. He's got a bit of fire in his belly as well. 

Wonder how much Almiron will cost.

59 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Commentators were saying last night it would cost in the region of £20m for Josef Martinez. Looks to be worth every penny of that! And he's only 25

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

gotta snap him up at that kind of price. He's got a bit of fire in his belly as well. 

Wonder how much Almiron will cost.

He does have many of the traits of Jamie Vardy, he's hard working and pretty tough. 

But he's also playing in the league that Bradley Wright Phillips is a record holder in. 

He was abysmal in Europe when he was here, he's reasonably young so he probably has progressed but the idea of spending twenty million on yet unknown at this level isn't inspiring. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Who's the safest betting, Boca or River? 

Boca are the reigning champions, River finished 8th last year. Boca are currently 4th, River are 11th.

Both have some ex Europe talent, both have some that are likely to come over in the next eighteen months (Cristian Pavon is a good shout.)

I'm not 100% sure who is fit for this though, are the guys that were hurt in the bus attack fine now? Is Pavon fit, he pulled up in the first leg? Has Benedetto got back to fitness, he almost missed the first game? 

I thought Boca looked better in the first leg, personally but not by much. The occasion got to both teams and it was just end to end chaos. 

That last part is the most important note really, it's just such a crazy occasion that I think betting on it is risky either way. Almost anything could happen. Maybe because its been taken away from the cauldron of argentina to a truly neutral venue then, if they've got a strong team out, logic should say Boca. 

Brave to part with more than a few quid mind. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Boca are the reigning champions, River finished 8th last year. Boca are currently 4th, River are 11th.

Both have some ex Europe talent, both have some that are likely to come over in the next eighteen months (Cristian Pavon is a good shout.)

I'm not 100% sure who is fit for this though, are the guys that were hurt in the bus attack fine now? Is Pavon fit, he pulled up in the first leg? Has Benedetto got back to fitness, he almost missed the first game? 

I thought Boca looked better in the first leg, personally but not by much. The occasion got to both teams and it was just end to end chaos. 

That last part is the most important note really, it's just such a crazy occasion that I think betting on it is risky either way. Almost anything could happen. Maybe because its been taken away from the cauldron of argentina to a truly neutral venue then, if they've got a strong team out, logic should say Boca. 

Brave to part with more than a few quid mind. 

Last result in an accumulator for me. Money on Boca based on slim knowledge and league form. 

Thanks for your knowledgeable input. Fingers crossed.