Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

But fair. River Plate deserved some form of punishment for their fan's behaviour. A bouncing Monumental though would have been an incredible sight, mind.

Read spurious info that Paraguay was set to get it, though with the first involvement of the winners in the CWC just a week and a bit after the final, wouldn't be surprised to see it in Abu Dhabi.

6 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

What a Twerk asking her to do that. would he have said Mr Modric can you twerk for us, please. of course he wouldn't have.

He robbed her of her moment to be honoured,because instead of making the prize giving the issue,

he had to have his few seconds of irrelevant highlights.

Are the organisers also so stupid,they can't organise a respectfull moment for each prize-winner.

There can be humerous banter,but that was pathetic and indifferent to the ceromony in recognising her achievement in her sport!!!!I

It wasn't even humerous in the French-sense!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Whilst it was undoubtedly a dickhead (not to mention sexist) moment, owing more to being a brain dead automaleon than to calculated and intentional sexism, I do take issue with some of the reporting. My impression, and it's perhaps a moot point, was that he asked if she could twerk not whether she would. He's guilty of being a sexist dork either way of course.

I once watched the presentation of trophies at a local women's cycling event. The presenter, an elderly and bellied French man, asked of the young Italian winner (in his best English) as he presented the trophy "have you got a boyfriend"... 

3 hours ago, FoxNotFox said:

Whilst it was undoubtedly a dickhead (not to mention sexist) moment, owing more to being a brain dead automaleon than to calculated and intentional sexism, I do take issue with some of the reporting. My impression, and it's perhaps a moot point, was that he asked if she could twerk not whether she would. He's guilty of being a sexist dork either way of course.

I once watched the presentation of trophies at a local women's cycling event. The presenter, an elderly and bellied French man, asked of the young Italian winner (in his best English) as he presented the trophy "have you got a boyfriend"... 

To be fair, I've seen female presenters make comment of men in shorts, etc

Guess what, people find the opposite sex attractive.

People need to get on with it.

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 23:30, Mike Oxlong said:

For me, this is a clash of cultures - French chauvinist meets Norwegian ice.

Why Martin Solveig was there in the first place remains a mystery. Why inviting a French DJ to a Ballon d'Or gala?

But I find the news coverage of this happening rather misleading, too.

Solveig asked Hegerberg "Est-ce que tu sais twerker?" ("Do you know how to twerk?"), he wasn't asking her to twerk in front of the audience.

I agree it was a stupid comment on its own, but the media are making more out of it than it actually was. A joke. It may have its effect in a casual conversation amongst friends, but that was the wrong time and the wrong place.

But I'm sure the third-wave feminists can have their moment again - look, a member of the patriarchy! Stone him!

Struggling to see how anyone can defend the man to be honest.

Properly out of order and it's disgusting how it's been brushed under the carpet by FIFA.

Wouldn't mind hearing Hegerberg's real opinion to be honest.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Properly out of order and it's disgusting how it's been brushed under the carpet by FIFA.

Wouldn't mind hearing Hegerberg's real opinion to be honest.

Wasn't really all that long ago Sepp Blatter suggested women's footballers should wear beach volleyball gear to promote the sport tbh. So sadly not all that surprising that fifa haven't don't much. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"He wasn't asking her TO twerk, he just asked if she COULD." 

Oh yeah that's fine then, no worries. 

:wes:

TWERK

Isn’t that the most significant point  ? 

He might as well have said tit wank 

Why he didn’t restrict his enquiry to her waltzing ability I’ll never know

No doubt something he’ll regret to the end of his days ! 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

"He wasn't asking her TO twerk, he just asked if she COULD." 

Oh yeah that's fine then, no worries. 

:wes:

Tbh I’d take any women claiming she was raped, asked to twerk or asked to make a sandwich with a pinch of salt. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

That's the saddest thing, people are.  That's why I never understand that people think there's no problem with sexism, racism etc...it'll all go away if we stop talking about it...nonsense.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wasn't really all that long ago Sepp Blatter suggested women's footballers should wear beach volleyball gear to promote the sport tbh. So sadly not all that surprising that fifa haven't don't much. 

lol Never forget the time he was accused of racism and they responded with putting a picture up of him hugging a black guy.

Edit: It's still there - https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/y=2011/m=11/news=blatter-committed-fight-against-racism-1544067.html

Edited by MattP