Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

21 hours ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Has anyone been to watch Torino, Sampdoria or Atlanta before? 

Going over during next month for a short groundhoppihg weekend. Any tips on things to see/do would be greatly appreciated.

Very jealous of that. Would love to see all three of those teams, they all have fantastic ultras.

22 hours ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Has anyone been to watch Torino, Sampdoria or Atlanta before? 

Going over during next month for a short groundhoppihg weekend. Any tips on things to see/do would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I’ve been to see Atalanta a few times, You will love it.

Bergamo is a nice city but it’s quite small, I would recommend having some food/drinks in Cita Alta (old town) which you get a cable car type thing up to. If you go all the way to the top you get really good views of the city.

Plenty of great ice cream shops over there, my favourite was one called Gemma’s Gelataria which is a bit further out but worth the visit.

Have you already got tickets in the stadium? And if so for which match? Their fans are class so if you can get tickets with their ultras next to the away end and avoid them in the cheap tickets anywhere else. First time I went there I got the cheap seats, was sat on a concrete block for 3 hours and could barely walk for a week lol.

I really want to go back over there to see them again so really jealous! Let me know if you need anything else, I lived in Bergamo for a short while.

14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah I’ve been to see Atalanta a few times, You will love it.

Bergamo is a nice city but it’s quite small, I would recommend having some food/drinks in Cita Alta (old town) which you get a cable car type thing up to. If you go all the way to the top you get really good views of the city.

Plenty of great ice cream shops over there, my favourite was one called Gemma’s Gelataria which is a bit further out but worth the visit.

Have you already got tickets in the stadium? And if so for which match? Their fans are class so if you can get tickets with their ultras next to the away end and avoid them in the cheap tickets anywhere else. First time I went there I got the cheap seats, was sat on a concrete block for 3 hours and could barely walk for a week lol.

I really want to go back over there to see them again so really jealous! Let me know if you need anything else, I lived in Bergamo for a short while.

Thanks greatly appreciated. 

Been to see Samp before but never been to Turin or Bergamo so really looking forward to it. 

9 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Thanks greatly appreciated. 

Been to see Samp before but never been to Turin or Bergamo so really looking forward to it. 

Which Atalanta game are you going to? I noticed they are playing Roma in January so if you are that you will get an experience. They absolutely hate each other and when I went to that game a few years ago it was carnage, depending on what you want to experience I wouldn’t stand with the ultras for that.

20 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Going to see Torino vs Juve, Samp vs Parma and Atalanta vs Lazio.

Not fussed on being near the ultras, don’t think they will be too interested/happy in having me and my old man watch the games near them. 

If that’s the case then I would definitely recommend getting tickets on the half way line if you aren’t already sorted, It’s the only covered part of the stadium and it will be bitterly cold just before Christmas.

I always bought my tickets from the club shop or stall in the shopping centre opposite the airport but I guess you are getting the train in so that’s a bit further out.

Let me know if nearly all of their fans are wearing the same identical blue and black camouflage coat lol 

a delay, if not a suspension of the copa final. sounds as nuts as you would imagine. 

river attacked the boca team bus and literally smashed it to pieces, the police tear gassed the fans so they would fu ck off and accidentally tear gassed all the players on the bus as well. 

carlos tevez is being sick, half their team can barely see, pablo perez needs the doctors to remove shards of glass from his eyes. 

what a country. 

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Apparently the Boca president won’t be letting his players on the pitch.

hahaha yerrrs. im all for the pre match being better than the actual match. this is what footballs all about. 

what sort of bat shit crazy country sees all this happen and whisks 4 of the starting 11 (apparently) off to hospital with various injuries and thinks delaying kick off by an hour will fix it. the type of bat shit crazy country we all crave. 

now they’re saying the one hour delay announcement might all just be a lie to calm the fans in the stadium down because an announcement that its cancelled might cause murders. 

so their plan is to just keep saying it’s delayed until they finally kick off. could be here all week. 

match suspended until tomorrow afternoon. 

apparently both sides had reluctantly handed in team sheets and perez was down to play despite having no eyes. what a G. 

same again tomorrow the fellas. 

I was a complete neutral until the first leg which was the best game of football I've seen in ages, and I've no doubt Boca fans have their fair share of bastards, but I really want them to win tomorrow now. Can't wait for it.

On another note, no away goals really does make for better contests. The most bollocks ruling of all time, that.