Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

And it's a fact now - MONTPELLIER ARE FRENCH CHAMPIONS!!!

Utaka scored twice to lead HSC from one behind.

Match had to be paused for over 30 minutes because of crowd trouble (flares).

But hey ho - a great finish to an exciting season. First league title EVER (and that with the 13th biggest budget in the league).

Incredible. This is an incredible year.

Unless Montpellier can dig up some new talent or somehow hold on to the likes of Giroud and Belhanda, I can't see them repeating it. PSG are no doubt going to be spending with a vengeance in the summer.

I was honoured to have seen Montpellier at Parc des Princes this season. Next season I'm going to do my best to try and catch PSG v Stade de Reims.

Unless Montpellier can dig up some new talent or somehow hold on to the likes of Giroud and Belhanda, I can't see them repeating it. PSG are no doubt going to be spending with a vengeance in the summer.

I was honoured to have seen Montpellier at Parc des Princes this season. Next season I'm going to do my best to try and catch PSG v Stade de Reims.

You're right. Next season will be so tough as many of their players will be snapped up by bigger clubs I'm sure.

I read an interview with the Montpellier chairman and he said this was the best chance and possibly the only chance his club would have to win a title as, (in his own words) "PSG will dominate French football for at least the next 10 years".

Glad Monty have been at least able to delay the inevitable. Going to have to get me a Montpellier shirt now!

On another note, Del Piero played his last game for Juventus tonight, against Napoli in the Copa Italia final. 705 games, 290 goals (for Juve).

One of my favourite players as a yoot and a bloody class act.

Snap.

If he does decide to finish his career over here I'll definitely try to catch a game involving his future club, if just for a 10 minute substitute appearance. For all the talk of him coming over here I can him eventually joining Nesta in the MLS or Raul in Qatar.

Well until I turned off apparently.... its 2-2 now hahaha

Turned off after 15 mins because it was 0-0, dull and quiet.... oops.

Edited by AjcW

Also slightly annoying that the La Liga and Prem threads have been locked.... its not technically the end of the season until the new fixtures come out!

anyway I grumble as I wanted to post this ridiculous picture... what a manager!

398966_10150837620070679_529950678_9909722_292799424_n.jpg

He's a good manager, certainly. But he's very much managed to go from massive, dominant club with shit loads of money to massive dominant club with shit loads of money.

For me, winning the CL with Porto is still probably his biggest achievement. We'll probably never see him manage a Swansea or a Norwich which is a shame because I'd love to see how he stacks up against their current bosses.

Edited by Finnegan

He's a good manager, certainly. But he's very much managed to go from massive, dominant club with shit loads of money to massive dominant club with shit loads of money.

For me, winning the CL with Porto is still probably his biggest achievement. We'll probably never see him manage a Swansea or a Norwich which is a shame because I'd love to see how he stacks up against their current bosses.

There are stacks of Coaches that have gone to these big clubs with money and done nothing, so I dont think that's a fair assessment. Just look at his predecessors at Real, or Chelsea, or Inter.

Mourinho has a win at all costs mentality, that sometimes oversteps the mark for me.

He went down a long way in my estimations when he gouged the eye of the Barca #2 coach.

On the plus side he created a group of players at Chelsea that has brought a long lasting legacy that they have been living off for years.

On the negative side his bad loser antics at Real against Barca have been a step too far.

There is also a Football philosophy argument that rages over Mourinho.

In general Southern European fans favour Barca and their total football style over Jose, and he is looked upon as a villain figure.

Yet in the Northern European territories Mourinho's record is respected and admired much more, and his footballing style likewise.

Personally I have a foot in both camps about him.