Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

I don't know where to put this thread....and that's kind of the point.

I didn't know where to put this thread and that's kind of the point I'm trying to make. I don't want this post to sound too negative.

Particularly in light of the fact that this forum is actually one of the best around in terms of activitity, high density of common sense and "posting intelligence". So thank you first of all to all Mods, Admins and contributors to the running and maintenance of the site.

I just wondering if the forum needs a bit of a revamp, in terms of it's organisation?

All this season we have seen people starting new topics, with immediate responses of "oh god not another Beckford thread" or "We've already got 500 nicky manard threads".

There are some problems here:

1. This kind of immediate "You're an idiot" response is plain rude, and part of the reason why this forum can divolve in cliques; groups that can post with freedom and the rest who have to timidly reach for the keyboard.

2. Do the mods/administrators pay for the site by the thread? Is it £5 out of their pocket each time?

I totally get that more posts/topics = a more unorganised forum, diluting discussion and argument. But surely that fact that people often do start "duplicate" threads is indicative of the forum requiring some more organisation?

Often when I want to post something I'll have a quick look and search to see if anything is relevant and then most likely just make a new topic because it's easier than trawling back through hundreds of pages. I suspect others do this too and it's why the forum gets flooded.

Let's face it the forum at the minute the LCFC forum section is essentially: Tickets, Transfer and.....EVERYTHING else in a huge list.

Generally discussion revolves around Matches/Fixtures, Players, The Management and Coaches, The Owners, General Ideas/Concepts about the Team.

Couldn't we develop things a bit more? If many are often complaining about 200 Beckford threads, then why do we have a "playing staff section, with sub-forums for each player.

-------------------------------

For Example

Leicester City Forums>Playing Staff Forum>Jermaine Beckford Discussion>

>Beckford's Rubbish

>Beckford's Awesome

>Beckford's Got an Attitude problem

>Should Beckford be our Target man considering he's rubbish in the air

------------------------------

Leicester City Forums>Manager and Coaching Staff Forum>Nigel Pearson Discussion>

>Pearson's Rubbish

>Pearson's Awesome

>Pearson's got a problem with Egos

------------------------------

Leicester City Forums>Owners and Board Forum>"Top" Discussion>

>Top Doesn't Know Anything about Football

>Top Doesn't Need to Know Anything about Football

That kind of thing.

Surely this would be better? New posters would be able to post in the correct section, without fear of cluttering the place up and it would reduce duplication of threads.

Now I await the "You're an Idiot" response.......... lol

the problem is people not actually bothering to read what threads are already there, we dont ask people to trawl back hundreds of pages, but when there are already 3+ threads on the single front page with the same subject this just shows how "not bothered" people are and it shows a complete lack of respect for the forum and its admins/mods. i personally think its just a case of people wanting to be "hey i created that thread with 30 pages, aren't i skilled/elite"

Thats why there are not more subsections to the indiviual forum sections, as people do not bother to look and the mods would be spending all day moving peoples threads about to the right sections.

and yes your an idiot, this should be in the "user feedback and support", this is exactly what i'm saying :P

-=edit=- and its not plain rude... if people weren't such assholes in the first place to not post in existing threads then they get whats thrown at them as far as i'm concerned, they should thank god i'm not mod as they would have been warned and if caught doing it again would get a ban. take for instance the live streaming thread a few weeks ago... where somebody had registered and their first post was to ask "are there any streams for tonights match" yet didnt even bother to read the post 3 above his where links to streams for that nights match were already given.... 3 FKN POSTS!!!

I've long thought it would be better if there was one 'official' thread for each player... that way all the good, bad or indifferent is all in one place and the 400 simultaneous threads for each player will be a thing of the past

However, this site is the most popular for a reason, so it must be said it's doing things right to0, but could it do them better? Probably

Would save on admin & mod time too, once properly organised.

Ok fair enough - I think all points raised kind of epitomise the problems with this issue - particularly me not even seeing where to put it.

I had imagined that the biggest barrier to such a reorganisation would be that Mods would have to continually move threads into the correct place.

Still think more could be done though.

I've long thought it would be better if there was one 'official' thread for each player... that way all the good, bad or indifferent is all in one place and the 400 simultaneous threads for each player will be a thing of the past

However, this site is the most popular for a reason, so it must be said it's doing things right to0, but could it do them better? Probably

I'm not saying one thread per player - but rather a sub forum per player, that way people can easily say X is rubbish or X is good, or X is brilliant but needs to make more tackles, and have their point made more distinct from the main discussion

it's fine as it is. if people weren't so arrogant as to assume their point hadn't already been made or too lazy to use the search function to see if the same thread had already been made. then they are deserving of ridicule.

I'm not saying one thread per player - but rather a sub forum per player, that way people can easily say X is rubbish or X is good, or X is brilliant but needs to make more tackles, and have their point made more distinct from the main discussion

Just picking up on this single point you're assuming that topics are always about individual players when clearly they're not, players are often put together to create a topic, sometimes just two, then there's the strikers/fowards, wingers, midfield, central midfield, defenders, fullbacks, left backs etc, etc it's just not practical to have forums for each player there's currently 30 players listed on the OS, so that would be 30 sub forums.

I somehow think you haven't thought your ideas through.

Ok fair enough - 30 sub forums for the players might be a bit too much - but surely we could categorises things a bit more - i.e:

- Matches/Fixtures

- Player Discussion

- Management and Coaches

- General Team discussion

Subjects are not so defined as that they'll be overlaps all the while, matches/fixtures will involve players and managers and aren't they all covered by General Team discussions?

We have topics generally based on "subjects" which can of course be for players but they're flexible enough to cover players, managers, tactics etc if they are relevant to the subject.

We'll end up with topics entitled "

I don't know where to put this thread"

This. would make the forum a much better place imo if structured correctly.

The forum would be improved if every thick twat who is unable to spot similar threads to his on page 1 just gets banned and has his IP blocked.

It would also help if the Internet Police went around to his house and smashed his computer up with bats seeing as people that thick shouldn't be allowed access to the eUniverse.

It doesn't matter how you structure the site, the system will fail. It will fail because a certain % of users are either a) too damn lazy b) too stupid to put their posts in the correct forum.

How many times have I had to move threads about players we should sign into the transfer forum? Answer, too many.

All critisism and ideas are welcome though and it's stuff that will be discussed, if it hasn't already in the post.

All new posters (and a fair percentage of existing ones) should have to pass AoWW's Literacy Test. Fail and their posting ability is revoked. Easy. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

You could put tags on threads, make it easier to search by, it is a feature I have seen on other forums, if the thread is about beckford, then it is tagged as "beckford", "Waste of Money", "Bad attitude", or whatever, these are normally user controlled, but could be admin controlled so as to stop people writing whatever they want as a tag.

The other option is to encourage people to be more specific in their thread titles, so many times you see Beckford, and nothing else, one recently was, just titled Neil Danns, then the first post was.

... is appearing on late kick off tonight.

In answer to the OP though, the reason it gets frustrating and angry responses is because you have already posted your reasoned well thought out arguments in another thread and you don't want to have to repeat yourself, or read the same posters posting the same things over and over again.

Archived