Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Keller Flowers or Walker

Keller Flowers or Walker  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these keepers do you think was the best?

• Keller
    • Flowers
    • Walker

Im probablly going to get some abuse for starting this but just out of interest i thought id see what peoples opinions were on this as i was discussing it with a cupple of mates the other day and we all thought different. Vote and dissuss.

Just because Walker was one of my favourite players, I'd have to go for him.

@LTID: He never said greatest GK of all time, just out of those three. Read the topic before brandishing the word 'stupid' around.

How can anyone be stupid enough to ask this question when we had Shilton and Banks. None of this lot were fit to clean their boots!

I appriciate that but i was just asking for peoples opinion on the particullar three i mentioned.

well im 23 years old now and i started going to city games in 97 and in goal was Kasey keller (USA USA USA) i had goalie shirts incuding the lime green one with a keller 1 printing so for me its keller all day long

I had that shirt as well! One of my first goalkeeper shirts, think I'll always remember that shirt :chant:

All three goalkeepers had the ability to save us points though. And all three goalkeepers listed made some great saves.

U-S-A!

U-S-A!

U-S-A!

U-S-A!

Remember that fondly from the Kop one evening and Keller being moved almost to tears by the sheer volume.

A brilliant keeper and for me, better than either of the other two. We do have a tradition for great keepers here, exemplified by the fact that as good as Keller was, I could probably name four or five better Leicester City goalkeepers.

How can anyone be stupid enough to ask this question when we had Shilton and Banks. None of this lot were fit to clean their boots!

The problem is the average age of the person viewing the forum today is likely to be around 20. Much lower than my age and they simply wont of ever seen them play.. I didn't see them either.

Out of all the keepers I have actually seen, Wallington was always my favourite. I never understood why he never played for England?? Trouble is, I was a little too young at the time. I doubt he was as good as Banks or Shilton, but where does he stand in the long list of City goalkeeping greats? Is there anyone here old enough to remember?

They were all good.

I've voted for Flowers but I think they were all pretty much top class 'keepers.

Walker seems to be remembered for a handful of mistakes, which I think is harsh. All 'keepers make odd mistakes and I don't think he made many more than any other goalie we've had.

Archived