Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Keller Flowers or Walker

Keller Flowers or Walker  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these keepers do you think was the best?

• Keller
    • Flowers
    • Walker

keller was here during a great time in our history, but flowers wins hands down if we are talking about who was actually the best keeper, although he may have been towards the end of his career.

oh and if they aren't fit to lace shilton or banks boots, then walker is only fit to taxi keller and flowers, always over rated imo.

Out of all the keepers I have actually seen, Wallington was always my favourite. I never understood why he never played for England?? Trouble is, I was a little too young at the time. I doubt he was as good as Banks or Shilton, but where does he stand in the long list of City goalkeeping greats? Is there anyone here old enough to remember?

He was the first keeper I remember for city and is also one of my favourites. Great keeper. I used to stand in the family enclosure with my parents near some bloke who used to have conversions with him. Well, shout back and fourth to each other about the match, weather and such.

Of the three listed I think it would have to be Keller. Never forget that save right in front of us against emerson at hillsborough on that wonderful evening.

I've gone for Keller, but I remember Birmingham away after the whole La Manga affair when Flowers gave me his gloves after the warm-up, so I've always had a soft spot for him. I remember Walker making an incredible save at Anfield as well.

He was the first keeper I remember for city and is also one of my favourites. Great keeper. I used to stand in the family enclosure with my parents near some bloke who used to have conversions with him. Well, shout back and fourth to each other about the match, weather and such.

Of the three listed I think it would have to be Keller. Never forget that save right in front of us against emerson at hillsborough on that wonderful evening.

Wallington came to our primary school & took questions in the hall from all the children. He stayed for football practice after school, put his gloves & boots on & properly got involved. Got nothing but fond memories of him.

I think because of the time when he was here, I would go for Keller. I just think Flowers was technically the better of the two. The only memory I have of Walker is a free kick he let in against Derby at Filbert St. A nothing, floaty free kick that bounced in the area & over his head.

Always thought Walker was a quality keeper, edging in front of the other two.

I saw Ian Walker let 5 goals in, at home, in the rain. I had the pleasure of sitting next to my Villa fan Brummie mate. One of the goals went through his legs at the speed of a very slow barely moving thing. I also saw him let a goal in against Bolton where he virtually sat on the ball.

I understand this is possibly unfair criticism but I couldn't chose him...

I think one of our current players scored...

I went for flowers, loved him. Really liked the other two as well. My funniest memory of walker was when the opposition played a through ball past our defence and he came at least 10 yards out of his area and caught the ball lol anyone else remember that and if so what game was it?

Out of all the keepers I have actually seen, Wallington was always my favourite. I never understood why he never played for England?? Trouble is, I was a little too young at the time. I doubt he was as good as Banks or Shilton, but where does he stand in the long list of City goalkeeping greats? Is there anyone here old enough to remember?

Totally agree i started going down to Filbo about 1972 Wallington was our keeper then & my all-time favourite.

Next would have to be the man who has just retired after 30+years i the game Kevin Poole.Then Kasey Keller.

Keller was overrated.

Walker had skills but made some bad errors

Flowers was by far the best of the three.

I wasn't around to see the goalkeeping greats leicester had to offer but of those 3 mentioned i'd go for Walker.

Walker made his fair share of gaffs (what keeper doesn't) but in that terrible but brilliant promotion season under micky adams he was a key figure for us.

Also when he turned up for that Leicester Legends vs Celebrities tournament he was amazing then still considering he wasn't playing regular football at Bolton.

Archived